• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I'm watching Sportsnation with all this Halo 4 nonsense. Neither Gronk or Cruz have no idea what they're doing.

I'm not so sure the footage being used is them. If so they are just cutting together a few kills here and there. :p

As a Cowboys fan I must go against Cruz, go team Gronk.

Ken

Is there any way to "import" a friends list from one gamertag to another or do I have to do it manually one by one.

In my opinion, this thread should be closed on Nov. 6th. Reason being is that a lot of the discussion will be focused in the Halo 4 OT, and it will just be moved to Communtiy shortly after anyway. I just know that personally I won't be reading GAF on Nov. 6th until I have beaten the game, so spoilers on that day won't affect me.

Enfinit spewing craziness

watching Kovic/T2 getting 3k per match on average

SR-1 is 750 points. I can easily see you getting to like level 3 on your first good game

Sr-18 to 19 is only 9K

thats a very lenient requirement for someone "that far" into the progression

From the Bravo vid you can see when custom loadout shit is

Custom Loadouts: COST - LVL REQUIREMENT

Primary Weapon: Default
  • Assault Rifle:
  • Battle Rifle: 1 SP - Level 2
  • DMR: 1 SP - Level 2
  • Storm Rifle: 2 SP - Level 5
  • Carbine: 2 SP - Level 5
  • Suppressor: 2 SP - Level 22
  • Lightrifle: 2 SP - Level 22
Secondary Weapon:
  • Magnum:
  • Plasma Pistol: 2 SP - Level 8
  • Boltshot: 2 SP - Level 18
Grenade Type:
  • Frag Grenade:
  • Plasma Grenade: 2 SP - Level 8
  • Pulse Grenade: 2 SP - Level 18
Armor Ability: Level 3
  • None
  • Promethean Vision: 2 SP
  • Thruster Pack: 2 SP
  • Hologram: 3 SP
  • Jetpack: 3 SP
  • Hardlight Shield: 3 SP
  • Active Camo: 3 SP
  • Autosentry: 3 SP
  • Regen Field: 3 SP - Level 16
Tactical Package: Level 7
  • None
  • Mobility: 1 SP
  • Shielding: 1 SP
  • Resupply: 1 SP
  • AA Efficiency: 1 SP
  • Grenadier: 1 SP
  • Firepower: 1 SP
  • Fast Track: *
  • Requisition: *
  • Wheelman: *
Support Upgrade: Level 12
  • None
  • Ammo: 1 SP
  • Dexterity: 1 SP
  • Sensor: 1 SP
  • Awareness: 1 SP
  • Explosive: 1 SP
  • Ordnance Priority: 1 SP
  • Stability: *
  • Gunner: *
  • Drop Recon: *
  • Nemesis: *
  • Stealth: *

* Unlocked via Specializations

I dont know the level at which the mods are individually unlocked, Ive seen it a ton but never felt like recording that info, I think Deflat has some of that down in his spreadsheet

Oh for fucks sake. I sure am looking forward to jumping into matches with just an Assault Rifle...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Pretty funny to see my montage ripped and put up on other people's channels. Also, saw a kid I went to school with years ago share my montage on Facebook. Not sure if he knows I made it lol

Hey Halo 2 Campaign fans.

CVG's statement in regards to Halo 4's Campaign. I nearly shed a tear.

I know they use it as a negative, but to me, that is a HUGE postive. Halo 2 fo lyfe!

If they mean storytelling then I also am happy with that statement. Halo 2 campaign had some awesome gameplay moments but it is not nearly as replayable as Halo 1 or 3.. too many drawn out sections that aren't too special.

There should be no problem with both. Many other franchises have a thread for the franchise and one for each new game. In this one people talk about everything Halo. The other people talk just about Halo 4. So both can co-exist easily.
Trying to make two Halo threads go on at once has never worked out too well, and I stand by what I said in that the discussion about Halo 4 – the topic for the vast majority of the discussion in the coming months – remains too unfocused, at least in the short term. There will be some people who make posts about Halo 4 here but not in the Halo 4 OT, some people will post the same thing in both threads, like Deadly and sltpoison – leaving me to try and figure out what's the best place to post a response – and so on.

Enfinit

In the words of Gronk:

They just got on that flyin' space machine and they kept shooting us and running us over.

If you didn't get me 20 points a game in fantasy, I'd lose a little respect for you, Gronk.

MinkTANK

Banned
Halo 2 campaign had some awesome gameplay moments but it is not nearly as replayable as Halo 1 or 3.. too many drawn out sections that aren't too special.

H2_gondola_hover.jpg

Ken

Two profiles... why? Lemme guess, making a new GT is cheaper than changing the old one?

Because I lost access to the email associated with my old gamertag and customer support is incredibly stubborn about giving me access to it again despite giving them the evidence they asked for. I've already forgotten the passcode to the support ticket since I've given up on it so I decided to make a new gamertag. Did this so when the next Xbox rolls around or whatever, I'd be able to move my gamertag to it without losing anymore DLC/arcade games. I've been moving it around from console to console currently through a USB stick, but if anything ever asks for me to sign into my Windows Live email I would be unable to do so.

So no, you guessed wrong.

Woorloog

Banned
Because I lost access to the email associated with my old gamertag and customer support is incredibly stubborn about giving me access to it again despite giving them the evidence they asked for. I've already forgotten the support ticket number/passcode to it since I've given up on it so I decided to make a new gamertag. Did this so when the next Xbox rolls around or whatever, I'd be able to move my gamertag to it without losing anymore DLC/arcade games.

Lol, "here's the evidence you need", "sorry, can't do anything"?
I remember my brother had some issues with his hotmail account/GT but that ended up being solved quickly...

Hmm. This reminds me, i need to make sure i have all the necessary data for my gamertag saved somewhere for next gen, even though i won't be joining it until at least a year in to it, preferrably more.

Ken

Lol, "here's the evidence you need", "sorry, can't do anything"?
I remember my brother had some issues with his hotmail account/GT but that ended up being solved quickly...

They asked for my contacts on Windows Live Mesenger, email folders, titles of emails I had in my inbox, XBL Microsoft Points cards I used, stuff like that. I provided all I had but they still wanted more so I gave up.

Weird way to say it, but I get what they are saying.. 343 really went out of their way to make a sexy Cortana when she already looked good before. This isn't just a "more detail=more naked" thing, she is super curvy now.
I don't know if I agree that this is how I happened.

They took the already ..questionable (and somewhat janky) Halo 3 Cortana appearance, turned her into part of their more realistic art style and rendered that concept really closely.

Frankie already talked about how the bump in quality made her look naked at first, but I wonder why they didn't go with a more Halo 2 style Cortana or some where in the middle.

Petrichor

Without going into specifics - the Halo 4 story is more similar to Halo 3 than Halo 2 in terms of scope and depth - but the execution of the story is miles better than any of the previous games. There isn't a "to war" moment, I promise.

Dunno if this was posted earlier, but interesting read: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/...ators-threaten-permabans-for-sexist-comments/

I dunno why they don't follow a three-strikes policy or similar for XBL idiots. Get blocked for increasing durations, then suspend their accounts and rack up the money saved.

"If the offensive stuff doesn't turn into a pile-on, it tends to generate defensive rants from all sides on free speech, white-knighting, and relative skill levels at hand. I just want to play my game."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom