• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it like a shotgun when charged, or is it similar to a plasma pistol overcharge? I heard comparisons to the mauler early on. It's hitscan right?

Cannot wait to get my hands on the promethean weapons. Dat entirely new weapon sandbox.

Pretty sure it's like a shotgun blast, you see people getting blown away with it, PP overcharge is just an EMP.

Akai__

I almost slept 20 hours today, because I'm ill. Just catched up and saw some vids earlier.

I liked Tashi's montage, it was really good and you have to remember, it was only gameplay from one day. Keep them comming Tashi, if you have time for them. :)

Can't wait for MLG tommorow. If I don't get the game tommorow, I have something else to do, but it would be pretty nice.

Anyways I'm out again. Getting something to eat and then probably sleep again. :p

Pop

These are the fans that 343 is shooting for though. The guys who think that CoD multiplayer is more "advanced" and the "future" of shooters. If they're willing to incorporate sprint, loadouts, unlocks, and perks, why shouldn't casuals expect them to add in iron-sights as well.

Why couldn't 343i copy the one thing CoD is doing with Blops 2, skilled ranks.

Damn such a shame...

CyReN

from the other thread.

Zap said:
I was watching the Tsquared video on Gamespot just now...

Tsquared said "I wouldn't give this a 10 because of the DLC, I don't like how we don't have this stuff on the disc and playable now"

*sigh*

But they saved objective! with all their amazing changes.

I'm sure its just nobody wants to wait to play and noones in the playlist yet. RIGHT!?

Seance

Banned
I almost slept 20 hours today, because I'm ill. Just catched up and saw some vids earlier.

I liked Tashi's montage, it was really good and you have to remember, it was only gameplay from one day. Keep them comming Tashi, if you have time for them. :)

Can't wait for MLG tommorow. If I don't get the game tommorow, I have something else to do, but it would be pretty nice.

Anyways I'm out again. Getting something to eat and then probably sleep again. :p

Get well kid. Keep restin', don't wanna be ill on the 6th.

Despite me saying earlier that I think this thread should be closed, I think I'm going to ignore the Halo 4 OT and just focus on this thread. Ghal, m0dus, and all did great work on it, but there's simply too many posts being made in that thread at once to keep up. Too many people I don't know, blah blah blah.

I always look forward to Halo releases, but I often forget it makes GAF unreadable, which I don't enjoy. Hopefully the separation mitigates this issue, and you all will still posts your thoughts and feelings of the game here. I don't want to miss out on anything.

ElRenoRaven

Despite me saying earlier that I think this thread should be closed, I think I'm going to ignore the Halo 4 OT and just focus on this thread. Ghal, m0dus, and all did great work on it, but there's simply too many posts being made in that thread at once to keep up. Too many people I don't know, blah blah blah.

I always look forward to Halo releases, but I often forget it makes GAF unreadable, which I don't enjoy. Hopefully the separation mitigates this issue, and you all will still posts your thoughts and feelings of the game here. I don't want to miss out on anything.

Yup. That's just another reason this thread is a good thing to have. Most of the Halo 4 stuff will be talked about there but the community Halogaf has built can still interact here without a lot of the non regulars filling it up.

willow ve

Whoa those kill cams have crazy sync issues.

Day 1 patch has been confirmed by Frankles (we assume it addresses kill cam issues). He said he would try to get a "plain english" list of what it will update/fix/introduce.

Here's the copypasta:

There a number of minor issues that are fixed in a Day One update. I will try to get a short, plain English list of these this week.

There's the Frankie quote from the gaming side
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43849304&highlight=#post43849304

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

There's no reason both threads can't exist anyway. One is a game OT, the other is the "Halo Community thread." They serve different purposes anyway.

Plus I'd rather stay out of the other one as much as I can too.

m23

all i want to know is about groups, but it probably got axed.

i thought someone said at sometime that halo 4 was going to do huge things on the social side of things...

I was looking forward to some sort of group/clan thing as I tend to play with the same people most of the time. Max Payne did it pretty well, disappointed we haven't heard anything for Halo 4.

FyreWulff

BeekleMatter, check your Hy Vee again. One of my friends just picked up 3 12-packs of Game Fuel at the 36th & L Hy Vee, and they had 4 out :lol

DeadNames

Banned
Final episode of Forward Unto Dawn tomorrow!

So excited but going to miss having a Halo based show. :(

Makes me realize how strange it is we don't have a Halo show, or at least a Movie.

So much CoD hate. Don't worry 343i added that to Halo 4 for you.

And yes they did announce that.

Glad ya finally caught on ;)

But in 343s defense, I think loadouts are a fine idea. I like the concept of choosing primary/secondar/grenade. Remove AAs and you have a good Halo game IMO. I don't particularly like Global Ordnance/personal ordnance, perks, and AAs, but loadouts are fine in my book. Ah... CoD. I don't really think these skill ranks are quite fit for CoD, as it is not what I count as a "competitive" game. But alas, to each his own.

Pop

Skilled ranks, leagues, individual rankings, team rankings, classic core game modes and fast gameplay.

It's like a dream come true.

Like someone at Activision has inside information on H4 knowing they weren't adding skilled ranks. For shame...

Blops 2 ranking structure is shaping up to be great with all those feature and it absolutely looks nice as well.

BigShow36

The real answer is because it's not a Slayer gametype. Unwashed masses etc., etc.

Personally, it just doesn't sound appealing to me, and I think most people will find the same thing after the play it for a while. To me, Halo has always been most enjoyable when it was fast enough to be exciting but just at the edge of being able to process and control the flow of gameplay. I don't want to camp huge bases that get fortified the longer I camp them, I don't want these long, drawn out games where I need to trek across big maps to attack a base.

People want to feel adrenaline when they play; you can't fault them for going to the gamemode that gives it to them. It's the developers job to incentivize players to play different modes, and when they constantly slow those other modes down, make them long, draw out, big-team affairs, it turns most players off.

willow ve

I can't believe we get the last FUD at 6 tomorrow. Seems like yesterday the first one came out. Really drives home how close H4 is.

Forward Unto Dawn has been a pretty spectacular effort as a marketing piece. Although it's nowhere near the effects, story, or acting of a full length feature film it is quite remarkable what they accomplished in a 90 minute advertisement.

Really makes me wish there was a Halo movie out there (but I'll admit it would probably need a central protagonist that isn't Master Chief...)

Just because that song has 15 seconds of Dubstep, that doesn't mean it's a dubstep song.

Also, it's amazing.

What is the song?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's up to 20, 000 views. That's impressive for a GAFer video.

It's more. The view counter is busted ;)

Forward Unto Dawn has been a pretty spectacular effort as a marketing piece. Although it's nowhere near the effects, story, or acting of a full length feature film it is quite remarkable what they accomplished in a 90 minute advertisement.

Really makes me wish there was a Halo movie out there (but I'll admit it would probably need a central protagonist that isn't Master Chief...)

What is the song?

Nemesis Remix by Alvin Risk

Pop

We need to close this thread and all move to Gaming side.

how-about-no-bear-meme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom