• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj1467

We need to close this thread and all move to Gaming side.

ph5IF.gif

Yea, I got spoiled on the other side after all the closing of chat streams and avoiding of youtube comments. Oh wait, all that shit is always shit anyway, I never look at that shit. Shit.

Does anyone know how long until the bulletin is up?

well i just checked bsangel's twitter, and nothing about the bulletin.

we pretty much know everything (besides groups) about Halo 4 at this point, so a bulletin won't really be useful at this point.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, no forge maps in matchmaking at launch... where will that cool looking 343 (certain affinity?) forge map be then, customs only?

willow ve

well i just checked bsangel's twitter, and nothing about the bulletin.

we pretty much know everything (besides groups) about Halo 4 at this point, so a bulletin won't really be useful at this point.

She must be working overtime trying to answer the massive list of questions submitted via the official "ask a question thread" over on Waypoint (and/or coming up with a better excuse as to why the ranking system is hidden from each user).

Wow. I'd rather talk to yall than gaming side but keeping up with two threads is crazy. Maybe we can close this one once the release hits?

Or just ditch gaming side thread altogether?

Same here, comes with the LE right? Anyone know what the quality is?

Probably just standard DVD but a guy can hope.

LE only gets a digital code to watch Forward Unto Dawn via Waypoint (with some extras?). The Blu-Ray and DVD release is Dec. 4th and will include a lot of extras. Preorder page is up on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009B8YZKS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

FYI - probably avoid "reviews" on Amazon just to be safe.

There is no cool forge map, stop lying.

Uh... Cragmire remake has already been confirmed.

They're pruning fan questions for the soft balls as we speak. Tryign to find the least confrontational questions they can.

"Will Halo 4 have new weapons!?!?"
"Yep"

DeadNames

Banned
It's like a dream come true.

Like someone at Activision has inside information on H4 knowing they weren't adding skilled ranks. For shame...

Blops 2 ranking structure is shaping up to be great with all those feature and it absolutely looks nice as well.

All I see out of you is how much better BlOps 2 is than H4.

Since the ranks are there, can't 343 add a title update that would let us see them?

Woorloog

Banned
Does CEA and HALO 3 have Campiagn matchmaking ? I need to run through these real quick.

No and no.

EDIT if you these for story, Easy is your friend. Just run and run... the enemies are no problem. EDIT uh, naturally, no achivements and not necessarily very fun...

There are two things I'd like to know:

1) Are there in-game subtitles for NPCs?
2) Can I adjust volume of any kind in the menu screen?

I'm playing through Reach's campaign again, and I remembered that I couldn't do either of these things.

FyreWulff

Does anyone remember offhand how many games it takes to get to General in Halo Wars now?

edit: I'm seeing 30 games, at max score so far.

Woorloog

Banned
Damn , I wanted to run through them with someone real quick. Nah no easy I wanna at least have some fun while I'm at it lol.

Then your best bet is to ask if some HaloGAF is willing to do that.

I would be, though considering it is 4:30AM here, i'm not very confident i'd manage to play even on Easy without dying... and since you're awake, you're most likely from the US or some other place where it isn't night and thus latency would be a big issue.

EDIT and unrelated thing, i could draw maps for Halo 2 missions from my memory (along with notes about music and encounters). How cool is that?

I would be, though considering it is 4:30AM here, i'm not very confident i'd manage to play even on Easy without dying... and since you're awake, you're most likely from the US or some other place where it isn't night and thus latency would be a big issue.

EDIT and unrelated thing, i could draw maps for Halo 2 missions from my memory (along with notes about music and encounters). How cool is that?

What the hell are you still doing up at 4:30 in the morning?

It's night all across the US as well.

Mr.Fresh

Yep east coast USA . Stuck in the house till the gas stations open. But yea if anyone wants to play just hit me up.

ElRenoRaven

NO. It's failure to get with the times and iimplement proper iron-sight mechanics in favor of their age-old addiction to slow, methodical combat has deemed this game unworthy of saving Halo.

ib1uwAfxqAxqJ.png

Ugh I've never really let a review piss me off but EGM managed to with that section. Durr it doesn't have this checklist that every shooter should have it must suck.....durrrrrr.

It was EGM. Someone linked it in the Halo 4 OT. Let me find the link.

*Edit*

Found it. http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-halo-4/

If you're avoiding any mention of the campaign, don't read this quote from EGM's review. But this is a complaint I totally understand about previous Halo campaigns:

... causing the campaign to quickly degenerate into a rinse-repeat relay of pumping way too many bullets into the same half-dozen enemies over and over on your way to pushing some random-ass button or blowing up a shield generator ...

BigShow36

Ugh I've never really let a review piss me off but EGM managed to with that section. Durr it doesn't have this checklist that every shooter should have it must suck.....durrrrrr.

Yeah but the reviewer has a point; he's tired of the same old gameplay with each Halo game, especially when compared to such pioneers of the industry as Call of Duty.

Ken

These low points are openly exacerbated by the series’ staunch refusal to get with the times when it comes to game mechanics and level design, ignoring obvious enhancements like big-ticket sequences and proper iron-sights mechanics in favor of their age-old addiction to slow, methodical combat in unnecessarily large environments.

I can't tell if sarcasm or not.

Big-ticket sequences means RE6 should get like a 11/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom