• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Oh I thought you meant you would play MP and then surf the internet for 4-5 hours before work lol. Couldn't you just mute everyone and turn off message alerts? I suppose you'd still run the risk of people putting spoilers in their gamertags but what are the chances you'll meet one of those people.

I suppose. :_\

That takes away half the fun though.

I suggest:
c.) Don't play at all until you have the time to finish campaign in one sitting.

Riiiiiight. Wait years for a game to come out, buy it at midnight, sit there with it in front of me all night and then go to work the next day.

Nope.gif

Pop

If there are enough people in the same boat to jump right into MP, I'll be there. But I somehow doubt that.

Gotta get that organized pronto.

---------

This guy playing on the Machinima stream is complaining non-stop about the game. I somehow think his horrible skills are what's making his time unpleasant.

Ken

Started adding some HaloGaffers for Halo 4. I'll be sure to delete you off my old gamertag too soon so I'm not taking up two spots on your friends lists.

Probably not best to comment this in the middle of a FUD episode being released, but...
Cutting through the filler:

What playlists are going to be available at launch? - SensoryFour34

Infinity Slayer – 4 v. 4
Big Team Infinity Slayer – 8 v. 8
Dominion – 6 v. 6
Regicide – 6-player FFA
Flood – 10 players
Capture the Flag – 5 v. 5
Oddball – 5 v. 5
King of the Hill – 5 v. 5
Team Slayer Pro – 4 v. 4

Yeah. I found this very encouraging.

I'm a bit disappointed in the playlists. I totally approve of the consolidation, as I think that will make a huge difference in skill matching and speeds. But I'm a BTB fan, in particular BTB objective - of which there are none. I also do NOT want to play Infinity Slayer, and that's the only BTB playlist. And I was looking forward to Extraction, which is MIA.

So I kind of struck out in terms of what I want to play in War Games. Since I'm doing my Campaign and Spartan Ops romps before touching War Games, I hope something is added around those lines. I really want a BTB objective playlist: Dominion, CTF, Extraction. Given 343 is doing one playlist per hopper, I'll settle for any one of those.
I was going to post the same thing. I'm disappointed that there won't be any BTB objective. It's where you have the most fun in BTB. I hope there's a playlist added soon after launch.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow, this was awesome, can't even say how much I'm suprised by this series.

Really well done. wish it would be longer or we would get a movie.

EDIT: Oh just read the Bulletin, the part about the skill visualized in the not-so distant future gives me hope <3

And theater could possibly be patched for campaign? Yes, at least they listen to us and know their mistakes

Morelikejuzzeverywhere.

Terrible.

Also, I'm asking this on behalf of Bobs', so you can't watch the terminals in the game, right? How about watching the terminals via waypoint on your mobile device as soon as you unlock them? That should provide a less fragmented experience.

I hope you can do that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Great bulletin. Good to see they are thinking of adding the stuff that didn't make the cut via updates. That should quell HaloGaf for a bit. :)

Shadders

But the BR has to be unlocked. The BR has to be unlocked.

You'll be able to get the BR or DMR after your first match, it costs one Spartan Point and is available from the start. In your first match just choose one of the default loadouts instead of your custom one (which will have AR).

Also, hidden stuff in the Bulletin:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/11/hidden-messages-in-halo-bulletin.html

Capture.JPG

There's a video in there somewhere too, but I haven't worked out hot to get at it yet...

I hope the showing of trueskill ranking won't be something as lame as a number on Halo Waypoint. Nobody is going to actually care about a rank if you can't even see it in game. And even if it's in game, it shouldn't hidden away in menus like in Reach because that doesn't help either.

Mindwipe

Great bulletin. Good to see they are thinking of adding the stuff that didn't make the cut via updates. That should quell HaloGaf for a bit. :)

Indeed. The lack of a sprint toggle is unfortunate, but the fact they know the lack of campaign theatre is bad and might well put it in via an update is very good news, as is that Halo 4 seems to have been built with updates in mind a bit more.

IHaveIce

Banned
You'll be able to get the BR or DMR after your first match, it costs one Spartan Point and is available from the start. In your first match just choose one of the default loadouts instead of your custom one (which will have AR).

Also, hidden stuff in the Bulletin:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/11/hidden-messages-in-halo-bulletin.html

Capture.JPG

There's a video in there somewhere too, but I haven't worked out hot to get at it yet...

Oh man and this hidden stuff could unlock an armor? Because till now I think it is pretty boring stuff and I'm a fiction nerd

S1kkZ

fud episode 5: amazing.

halo 4 (played 2 levels so far): fucking amazing. the visuals: holy fucking shit. however: there are some areas where the framerate goes downhill. not super smooth as monumental an monkey wrote.

Pop

halo 4 (played 2 levels so far): fucking amazing. the visuals: holy fucking shit. however: there are some areas where the framerate goes downhill. not super smooth as monumental an monkey wrote.

How bad are we talking here, like for a second or two then corrects itself?

IHaveIce

Banned

did your order arrive or did a store gave it out?

But that is sad to hear :(

Fuchsdh

This. It is vital to understand that there are by no means any security in future Halo events with MLG. MLG is a business and a company that wants to thrive and make money. If Halo doesn't provide that then they cannot support it, plain and simple.

A ranking system will help increase the competitiveness of the halo community so that they can fight for "the best rank." And this was a major factor in Halo 2 and Halo 3 that helped get the MLG community recognized.

I know personally that I would never have discovered MLG if there were no ranks because I wouldn't have cared to be the best or achieve that "50" rank and develop strategies to make me a good Halo player.

If your only inspiration to play better is a number for a video game--and this is ostensibly for a game you like anyway--I shudder to think of what your productivity is like in the real world.

FUD Ep 5 was pretty good, although the super slow mo was excessive and the visual details were still all over the map--
Kelly and Fred are wearing Reach era MkV? The Pelican like the Covenant is Halo 4 style, etc.
Nice end Lasky segment though.

Pop

more. the are is pretty big and there is a lot going on.

This makes me worry a little.

All I kept hearing was how smooth the framerate has been for MP and campaign. So what gives.

If your only inspiration to play better is a number for a video game--and this is ostensibly for a game you like anyway--I shudder to think of what your productivity is like in the real world.

What's the big deal really, seriously? Why can't we have our visible skilled ranks.

Casual players get numerous playlists/gametypes and we just want a few. Would have been a hell of a lot easier to just have copied the MP structure of H3. Social and Ranked split, simple enough.

Final episode spoilers:
First thing I thought when I saw Kelly take of her helmet: "What the hell is up with her eyes?" She looks almost alien. I'm a little apprehensive about Kelly and Fred taking off their helmets because I don't want to attach a face with them in my mind.

I was pretty indifferent to the episode and the series overall. I don't know if it's that it's not what I expected it to be, but then again I wasn't sure what to expect, so it's probably not that.
Even though I'm not exactly a fan (nor someone who dislikes) the story of how the Chief met Lasky, after seeing this I know it'll only benefit Halo 4's story. I liked the ending of the episode, too, with Lasky and then Cortana.

I think my favorite episode was 4. I'd have to go back and re-watch them all to be sure.

To be honest, I think I enjoyed the introductory Cortana sequences more than the episodes themselves. They were all filled with this desperate cry for help that was complimented by the atmosphere and good use of extreme close-ups.

Nirvana

FUD was great, much better than I expected from an online series.

Someone has to make a GIF of Lasky crying and shaking his head over and over though.

heckfu

Banned
I was going to wait until tonight to watch all 5 episodes but a buddy of mine who isn't an active Halo player at all convinced me after work to watch the first 4 straight through.

Incredibly impressed so far and FINALLY can put the Frankie meme in context now.

Fuchsdh

What's the big deal really, seriously? Why can't we have our visible skilled ranks.

Casual players get numerous playlists/gametypes and we just want a few. Would have been a hell of a lot easier to just have copied the MP structure of H3. Social and Ranked split, simple enough.

I begrudge no one their ranks, and I'm glad to hear that 343i is considering substantial content and feature updates post-launch.

I *do* find it hilarious that he said the only reason he wants to be good at the game is chasing a number on a screen.

ElRenoRaven

So just watched FUD 5. I have to say very fucking well done. The emotion and pretty much everything were well done except
them showing their faces but then refusing to say how old they were. I mean you'd think they wouldn't want to show their faces either them being classified and all.
Other then that though without a doubt an amazing episode. I really just can't say anything more. Simply amazing.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is Regicide 6 player FFA but the person in the lead is marked with a waypoint?
Regicide is 6 player FFA where the person in the lead gets fucked over because he gets less points per kill.

Final episode of FUD was good, the entire series definitely exceeded my expectations.

Final episode spoilers:
First thing I thought when I saw Kelly take of her helmet: "What the hell is up with her eyes?" She looks almost alien. I'm a little apprehensive about Kelly and Fred taking off their helmets because I don't want to attach a face with them in my mind.

I was pretty indifferent to the episode and the series overall. I don't know if it's that it's not what I expected it to be, but then again I wasn't sure what to expect, so it's probably not that.
Even though I'm not exactly a fan (nor someone who dislikes) the story of how the Chief met Lasky, after seeing this I know it'll only benefit Halo 4's story. I liked the ending of the episode, too, with Lasky and then Cortana.

I think my favorite episode was 4. I'd have to go back and re-watch them all to be sure.

To be honest, I think I enjoyed the introductory Cortana sequences more than the episodes themselves. They were all filled with this desperate cry for help that was complimented by the atmosphere and good use of extreme close-ups.
We saw their faces in both Legends and the Fall of Reach comic. All three times we have seen their faces they look completely different, so I don't see it as a problem.

S1kkZ

did your order arrive or did a store gave it out?

But that is sad to hear :(

i rented it from the local video store, my limited edition arrived today but i wasnt home :(
so i have to wait until tomorrow, since i have to pick it up from the post office.

about the framerate: i am very sensitive, so i notice even the slightest drops. it has been only this one area so far. this is one of the best looking video games i have ever played and it still runs finde for the most part. just to be very clear: i think (so far) its the best looking console shooter, this game looks fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom