• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Dat FuD ending. God damnit, I want Halo 4 now!

How big is the fleet that goes with the Infinity? haha, fuck.

New avi because Cortana looked cool.

TheOddOne

I was going to wait until tonight to watch all 5 episodes but a buddy of mine who isn't an active Halo player at all convinced me after work to watch the first 4 straight through.

Incredibly impressed so far and FINALLY can put the Frankie meme in context now.
Hamish Beamish is Cortana. Cortana is Hamish Beamish.

th_AceandPlunger.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hope the showing of trueskill ranking won't be something as lame as a number on Halo Waypoint. Nobody is going to actually care about a rank if you can't even see it in game. And even if it's in game, it shouldn't hidden away in menus like in Reach because that doesn't help either.

Huh, so maybe it could be presented in the form of an electronic human sexual organ?

Will we ever get FuD in an uncompressed format?

broo rey

aj1467

You'll be able to get the BR or DMR after your first match, it costs one Spartan Point and is available from the start. In your first match just choose one of the default loadouts instead of your custom one (which will have AR).

Also, hidden stuff in the Bulletin:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/11/hidden-messages-in-halo-bulletin.html

Capture.JPG

There's a video in there somewhere too, but I haven't worked out hot to get at it yet...

I have a weird feeling that UNSC RUBICON is (primordium spoilers)
the ship Guilty Spark 2 took control of.

IIRC he was described as damaged in Primordium... right?

Karl2177

FuD was good. Overall I wasn't impressed, but I wasn't disappointed. I think part of my unimpressed status is how I don't know how Lasky ties into the Halo 4 story, and how they made the cryosleep thing a giant issue and at the end
they are all like whoopdie doo, lets throw him in the sleeper pod again.

I already know 3 users are gonna hop on me saying that it was a symbol or some bullshit, so just don't. I can have my opinion, so don't pop yours onto mine.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
frankie, is it normal that the game crashes everytime i try to launch waypoint?

Totally possible - Waypoint won't launch unless you have a Live account and there may be live dependencies that aren't working until the day before launch.

Where are you people buying it from to get the game early? No one I know here in Australia has it early.

Mine is from eBay. A guy was breaking the street date the other day to make about $5 more off each copy sold. But it was worth it, not only am I getting the game early but I am paying $1 less than I was with my Amazon pre-order.

wwm0nkey

Just read the Bulletin, REALLY like how they said they will be treating TUs differently because that gives me hope for Assault and 1 Flag to return with the DLC.

MrBig

Just read the Bulletin, REALLY like how they said they will be treating TUs differently because that gives me hope for Assault and 1 Flag to return with the DLC.

They're still using megalo, new gametypes wont require a TU. Assault will probably end up being halo 1 style "reverse CTF" though, unless they have an unused bomb asset.

Omni

Where's your avatar from `?

Forward Unto Dawn, episode 5. :)

Mine is from eBay. A guy was breaking the street date the other day to make about $5 more off each copy sold. But it was worth it, not only am I getting the game early but I am paying $1 less than I was with my Amazon pre-order.
Mmmm, bit dodgy but okay.

I always buy my games from EB games, and they never ever release early. Though I did get BF3 and CEA on the night before official release, I'm pretty sure they had a reason.

Gray Man

Banned
They're still using megalo, new gametypes wont require a TU. Assault will probably end up being halo 1 style "reverse CTF" though, unless they have an unused bomb asset.

Well at least we can do BTB flag custom games still. Has anyone had the chance to play dominion yet?

wwm0nkey

Well I am assuming if they don't have an unused asset they can just put one in via DLC, they were tinkering with adding things into the .map files of Reach so I assume they will be able to do it with 4.

MrBig

Well I am assuming if they don't have an unused asset they can just put one in via DLC, they were tinkering with adding things into the .map files of Reach so I assume they will be able to do it with 4.

I sure do hope they have a delta patching system if they go down that route, because as far as I know they aren't using a shared.map anymore. The bomb looking like a bomb doesn't really matter though as long as the mechanics are there. Reverse CTF would be fine.

wwm0nkey

I sure do hope they have a delta patching system if they go down that route, because as far as I know they aren't using a shared.map anymore. The bomb looking like a bomb doesn't really matter though as long as the mechanics are there. Reverse CTF would be fine.

I don't know man a Promethean bomb that blows up and then disintegrates everyone would be pretty awesome.

FyreWulff

Caps prevent out of control boosting.

That's the long and short of it. They don't want people hitting Mattrickeritor in the first week.

willow ve

Caps prevent out of control boosting.

That's the long and short of it. They don't want people hitting Mattrickeritor in the first week.

I guess this begs the question... Who the fuck cares if someone hits max rank in the first day/week/month? They don't get an achievement, there are no leader boards, and they keep saying nothing you unlock is going to give you a definite advantage.

If some kid wants to grind his ass in Grifball then let him grind.

They have an XP cap, yet have the double XP diabeetus special.

#icanteven

Yeah. Doesn't make any sense. Now with DoubleXP I can hit my limit twice as fast per day! Which for a LOT of casual (or even hardcore) fans means they might only play 1/2 as much per day... What developer would really want that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom