• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crosspost:

If you like to collect, and are a fan of Halo, this has been a good year. There are offerings from McFarlane, Sqaure Enix, ThreeA, Sideshow and others. I am particularly fond of the statues..

There is the Sideshow Halo CEA Master Chief statue:

It is limited edition of 1050 if you include both variants and costs $399

(FUD episode 5 spoilers)
McFarlane is offering a resin statue from Forward Unto Dawn that is 14inches tall, limited to 500 pieces and costs $225. If you haven't seen the show and plan to, do not look at the link until then as this is from a climatic scene.

To avoid spoilers I have cropped the pictures:

And finally, Sideshow has just begun to tease a new Halo 4 Cortana statue!

I had to skip the MC sideshow piece due to price, but I have preordered the McFarlane statue and I really think I will do the same with Cortana (depending on price and how it looks.)
I've got the Sideshow statue preordered and I can't friggin wait. The McFarlane statue looks pretty darn cool, but probably won't get it because it's only available on their Collector Club site so I can't get my usual wholesale discount. :(

Excited to see Sideshow's Cortana even though I also probably won't get it. Giant naked blue women doesn't really fit in with my collection.

hey there's been insurmountable amounts of posts on retailer specific DLC and whats in the LE boxes.

I honestly haven't been able to make perfect sense of it since some say the listings for everything are either incorrect and or not listing everything.

I've also seen people saying you get better DLC if you don't get the LE game and buy the season pass separate.

So I right now have the LE console pre-orded. As well as the game, and plan on just selling the game to whomever is far back in line for 45-50 bucks.

I'm starting to think It would make more sense to save myself some money and cancel my LE game and put that towards my Warhead headphones.

I'd love to know exactly what comes in the LE box, and wether or not it's worth it to get such a purchase, especially since I'm getting the LE console. I'm also getting the console from gamestop, in case that makes any difference.

Hope someone can help.

I've got the Sideshow statue preordered and I can't friggin wait. The McFarlane statue looks pretty darn cool, but probably won't get it because it's only available on their Collector Club site so I can't get my usual wholesale discount. :(

Excited to see Sideshow's Cortana even though I also probably won't get it. Giant naked blue women doesn't really fit in with my collection.

Haha yeah, especially now that she is so curvy and naked.. and judging by that picture they are not shying away from it. Still, if its half as classy as the Weta Cortana statue I will have to get it:

weta_halo_cortana.jpg

I would kill to own that.. I also vastly prefer Cortana there, although I do like how much personality her new face conveys.

As for the MC, yeah I want it really badly, it is very nice looking, sleek and simple.. I just can't afford it. Hell, I'm not sure if I can afford Halo 4 yet, so it is really out of league. I do think the McFarlane statue is a good price assuming the final quality looks nicer than the Reach statue.. I have it preordered, but odds are I will end up canceling it. Im just glad these things exist.. I hope we can expect more statues from Halo 4 down the line.

Pop

This dude on the Machinima stream right now haha

Doesn't like H4 think's it sucks, likes Reach more.

-__________________________-

it will fit fine with my zero suit samus.

Ken

After watching 5 minutes of this Machinima stream, I don't think I'll be watching anymore Machinima things.

I suppose it did provide a good preview of the XBL community on Tuesday.

nillapuddin

Jesus Fucking Christ, idk who the hell these people are on the Machinima stream right now

but they have clearly never played "THE HALO" before

holy shit, they need to pull the plug on these guys, like now.

OMG.

"Im going back to Halo Reach"

zap

I thought you couldn't zoom in with the railgun, but it looks like people are doing it - when was that changed?

Kibbles

I thought you couldn't zoom in with the railgun, but it looks like people are doing it - when was that changed?

Well technically there isn't but since you can go into the binocular view while charging up, it helps give the effect of a scope.

Seance

Banned
Jesus Fucking Christ, idk who the hell these people are on the Machinima stream right now

but they have clearly never played "THE HALO" before

holy shit, they need to pull the plug on these guys, like now.

OMG.

"Im going back to Halo Reach"

These guys are running the graveyard shift, in all fairness. But lol, yeah.

FyreWulff

Halo 4 theme codes

GH22X-GYXW6-C4QQP-4374H-T2D2Z
D6YMX-XGH94-CRFVH-H9DRD-GG2RZ
KJT9C-YTG3R-2TWJH-TMHYV-GYPCZ
WHC6K-XCJW7-CMRVF-K6YTQ-JT33Z
Q2PW6-4C79R-CXTYH-VX2RM-QGW2Z

Demoncarter, thank you for posting about that new Cortana statue.

I too would love to get my hands on the Weta one, shame I'm years late.
BTW, the issue earlier today with banning WAS in fact on our end, that is to say 343's and while none of you are technically supposed to be playing today and technically not able to even be affected by the false-bans, the vast majority simply bought the game legally and were inconvenienced for a couple of probably irritating hours. It was on us and I personally apologize. Also would like to reiterate that it had nothing to do with Xbox Live or any other games or services.
If I could use the comedy stylings of Hydranockz - "Well that's very frank of you, thanks".

And hey, better now than Tuesday :p

Pop

Halo 4 theme codes

GH22X-GYXW6-C4QQP-4374H-T2D2Z
D6YMX-XGH94-CRFVH-H9DRD-GG2RZ
KJT9C-YTG3R-2TWJH-TMHYV-GYPCZ
WHC6K-XCJW7-CMRVF-K6YTQ-JT33Z
Q2PW6-4C79R-CXTYH-VX2RM-QGW2Z

These codes didn't stand a chance out in the open like this. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom