• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Not bothered, Nintendo still produce the best games in the industry to this date. It is more than arguable that the best handheld and console games of this year are Nintendo games.

I also find it amusing that a huge Halo fan wouldn't like Nintendo. The reason I like Halo so much is that it feels like an FPS Nintendo would make.

Yup. I have owned every Nintendo Console and handheld except the Virtual Boy of course, Wii, and 3DS. I just did not like the motion controls. Wii U has the best of both worlds. Some motion but a controller also hence everyone can play the game how they want. I know I'll pick up a 3DS when cheaper just for Luigi's Mansion. The Mario games on it are a bonus. Course then can't forget all of their other franchises too.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
They probably get a deal on advertising space because Fringe is getting so bad.

Overdoziz

Banned
So you are judging a weapon, you haven't used yet by videos etc.?
I'm sure the Railgun is great (and I'm looking forward to using it), but it doubt it has as much depth as the Grenade Launcher.

With the Grenade Launcher you can choose to bounce grenades off of all kinds of surfaces or choose to try and perfectly time a mid-air detonation. And if you decide to bounce it you can also choose between either pressing the trigger once which makes the grenade do more damage but you have less control over when you want it to explode, or you hold the trigger and release it the moment you want to which allows you to be more accurate but it also makes the explosion less powerful. The Railgun does seems quite interesting to use with you being able to fire it before it's completely charged up and the fact that the projectile has quite a bit of travel time, but it aint no Grenade Launcher. Maybe I'll change my opinion after I've used it, we'll see.

I'm sure the Railgun is great (and I'm looking forward to using it), but it doubt it has as much depth as the Grenade Launcher.

With the Grenade Launcher you can choose to bounce grenades off of all kinds of surfaces or choose to try and perfectly time a mid-air detonation. And if you decide to bounce it you can also choose between either pressing the trigger once which makes the grenade do more damage but you have less control over when you want it to explode, or you hold the trigger and release it the moment you want to which allows you to be more accurate but it also makes the explosion less powerful. The Railgun does seems quite interesting to use with you being able to fire it before it's completely charged up and the fact that the projectile has quite a bit of travel time, but it aint no Grenade Launcher. Maybe I'll change my opinion after I've used it, we'll see.
You guys are way over-thinking my comment. It is my personal opinion. I do not care how depth the "Grenade Launcher" is. I just prefer the Railgun.

Risen

You're practically British.

Actually more Irish and German - odd mix but true. Come to think of it... on the German side there is a pretty big group of Dutch that married into the family way back when. My grandfather's given name was Schuyler. I believe his grandfather was part of a big Dutch settlement in central Texas.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
In the Grenade Launcher, Reach added only one thing I liked, which they took out. But I mean, it wouldn't be a Halo game without the Concussion Rifle. It's like, a staple.

Does 343 have the same setup as Bungie with rendering film clips?

Edit: I do not want to come off as rude when I say this, but holy shit there is almost no other site on the internet that manages to offend me each time I use it. Halowaypoint, why are you so bad Q_Q

OMG that fuckin' tie...

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Moa

Edit: I do not want to come off as rude when I say this, but holy shit there is almost no other site on the internet that manages to offend me each time I use it. Halowaypoint, why are you so bad Q_Q

They've confirmed no video rendering and no Bungie Pro equivalent :/

Overdoziz

Banned
I think the last Bulletin confirmed that there's no service similar to Bungie Pro, nothing yet about rendering videos, though. I wonder when Waypoint will be updated, I remember it being mentioned somewhere that it would get updated just before launch.
They've confirmed no video rendering and no Bungie Pro equivalent :/
Where did they confirm no video rendering?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Everyone's using jetpack. ;__;

Buuuuuut, notice how. You don't have anyone going full retard and flying up to the top of the map and floating. They are using it for longer jumps and level hopping, which it always should have been used for.

Then again these are good players, we'll see what the general population does.

Buuuuuut, notice how. You don't have anyone going full retard and flying up to the top of the map and floating. They are using it for longer jumps and level hopping, which it always should have been used for.

Jetpacks shouldn't even be in the game. Or at least not something you can spawn with. Their function pretty much is to remove the flow of the map.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Don't get me started this early in the morning. :p

It's not as bad as Reach's, I'll give it that; but it still clearly screws with map design. It's serving its purpose, but it appears fundamentally flawed. The annoying "jetpack over everything and rain down hellfire" is still there as well.

Also, is the DMR OP, or are people just using it since they're used to Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom