• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
What i have learned from having two MLG streams running at the same time is that its possible to be running two shitty streams simultaneously.

Full-Stream-ghostbusters-27831704-500-209.gif

FyreWulff

But it hinders the players who sometimes want to play the same playlist competitively and sometimes socially. For example, if CTF was a playlist with ranks, I'd love to play it competitively, but I'd also like to play it with friends who don't necessarily want to play ranked. If I don't want to lose my rank in CTF, I won't be able to play it socially.

Depends on if they use pure trueskill or a modified one. Pure TS, your 'rank' will settle after a point and won't really move up or down without a big win or big loss. I'll also have a hunch that you won't be able to see it for the first 30 games or so. There was a reason Arena didn't show your division until you put in a minimum number of games.

nillapuddin

haha that was cool, just before the game ended too.

I keep trying to put Ghosts through the mancannons on Spire, but it never seems to work.

thanks ;)
we were playing 8 v .... 1 in BTB 1-Flag

people get so discouraged that we run full lobbies, half of the team quits out before the game even starts

played 14 matches last night, the only one where 75%+ of the other team didnt leave was another full team of 8 all perma muted who picked neut bomb on hemorrhage and played infinite slayer

: /

Depends on if they use pure trueskill or a modified one. Pure TS, your 'rank' will settle after a point and won't really move up or down without a big win or big loss. I'll also have a hunch that you won't be able to see it for the first 30 games or so. There was a reason Arena didn't show your division until you put in a minimum number of games.

But still, let's say I'm trying to get my 50 in CTF and I'm a 47. I have a standard team which I play CTF with to rank up but they aren't only. Other friends, who aren't that good and are not interested in ranks are online and they want to play CTF. If I want to play with them, there is a probable chance I'll lose my 47.

thanks ;)
we were playing 8 v .... 1 in BTB 1-Flag

people get so discouraged that we run full lobbies, half of the team quits out before the game even starts

played 14 matches last night, the only one where 75%+ of the other team didnt leave was another full team of 8 all perma muted who picked neut bomb on hemorrhage and played infinite slayer

: /
Ah, Reach.
Speaking of which, would you be up for playing within the next few hours? I could get on if you needed someone to play with.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah it sucks but I guess it seems like the most classic Halo map(along with Haven). However the map looks extremely fun surprised it isn't in matchmaking.
It reminds me of Foundation which really wasn't any good for anything aside from that dumb infection gametype. Biggest difference is that they added a load of lazy cover.

With the ranks being only viewable on Waypoint, I think a good way to make it a bit better is to include the ability with the mobile and browser versions of Waypoint to view the current match you are in. It would list the map, gametype, and a list of players each with their rank next to their gamertag. After the match it would update to reflect the Post Carnage Report.

This way, you can keep your phone or laptop or whatever next to you, and when you're waiting for the game to start, just check Waypoint real fast to get an idea of who you're up against.

FyreWulff

But still, let's say I'm trying to get my 50 in CTF and I'm a 47. I have a standard team which I play CTF with to rank up but they aren't only. Other friends, who aren't that good and are not interested in ranks are online and they want to play CTF. If I want to play with them, there is a probable chance I'll lose my 47.

That's mostly the pitfall of using a skillmatch system designed for FFA in Team Settings. Which is also why Reach originally sorted everyone in the game like an FFA leaderboard when submitted to the Trueskill.. it was technically the best way to give TS the information instead of "these 4 people were first, these 4 were second". If you did well, you were treated by TS as doing well, even if your team lost. So you didn't get dragged down TS-wise by dead weight teammates.

Who knows, they could go with that again, or just not allow it in Objective playlists where k/d can't be used as an accurate marker anymore.

nillapuddin

Ah, Reach.
Speaking of which, would you be up for playing within the next few hours? I could get on if you needed someone to play with.

Sorry dude got life stuff, Halo 4 pre-launch will be the end of me, Im cramming as much as I can to get school shit done so I can fall off the map this week, it doesnt help that work keeps expecting me to do my job

AINT_NOBODY_GOT_TIME_FOR_THAT.gif

Trickster

LOL

Played so much 16 player CE in the day.

(I guess I was like 12 when Halo came out, so getting together with a bunch of guys to play with 4 Xbox's was what we did back then.)

I think most people outside of the US didn't play a whole lot of halo ce multiplayer. I can count the number of times I played multiplayer in halo ce on one hand (despite pretty much asking friends if they wanted to whenever we were together). The console culture in my country just isn't really there, all my friend play pc exclusively, and it's pretty rare that I talk to people that play consoles, and if they do, it's pretty much only to play fifa.

It reminds me of Foundation which really wasn't really good for anything aside from that dumb infection gametype. Biggest difference is that they added a load of lazy cover.

Hmm I see that similarity however I feel like it will play closer to warlock. At least I hope it will.
This map better not be used for team snipers I'll rage.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I was dumb in high school and dated the same girl pretty much the entire time.

I married the girl I dated in highschool. Don't regret it one bit, and that was back in 1999 married since 2003. She even stuck out the long ass deployments and countless training exercises.

Not bothered, Nintendo still produce the best games in the industry to this date. It is more than arguable that the best handheld and console games of this year are Nintendo games.

I also find it amusing that a huge Halo fan wouldn't like Nintendo. The reason I like Halo so much is that it feels like an FPS Nintendo would make.
Oh, I absolutely agree with this sentiment and I used to be a huge Nintendo fan, but I just didn't like the Wii and got tired of being disappointed. In my opinion, Nintendo hasn't released a single game that can compete with the quality of Halo 2, which was released 8 years ago, and is my least favorite Halo game. I pretty much stopped playing Nintendo games when I started playing Halo. I tried to play them, but they just couldn't hold my interest (MKDS was probably my most played Nintendo game in the last 8 years).

MrBig

Anyone know what happened to the Machinima livestream?

The best thing about this MLG stream is the intermission music.

Akai__

I'm going solo on Legendary to get dat Mark VI. Those Prometheans are a bitch.

Shit forgot about that. I will do a solo run, when my english copy arrives. :D

---

So far, I played 3 matches of Infinity Slayer and the BR is perfect! Currently stats:

Kills: 80
Deaths: 26
Assists: 15

It's so much fun!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why the hell does this guy keep calling him elumnite? It's even spelled that way on bottom. Isn't he Elemite?

Also, REALLY hate this split screen crap.

MrDaravon

No-scope earns him an Overshield ordinance drop which he uses to push an advance into the enemy, love it.

Somewhere a purist is crying.

That's mostly the pitfall of using a skillmatch system designed for FFA in Team Settings. Which is also why Reach originally sorted everyone in the game like an FFA leaderboard when submitted to the Trueskill.. it was technically the best way to give TS the information instead of "these 4 people were first, these 4 were second". If you did well, you were treated by TS as doing well, even if your team lost. So you didn't get dragged down TS-wise by dead weight teammates.

Who knows, they could go with that again, or just not allow it in Objective playlists where k/d can't be used as an accurate marker anymore.

It's going to give way to much trouble anyway, so I'm not going to bother with it. A bad ranking system could be no ranking aren't that much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom