• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Honestly that was the first time I was able to get that many kills with it, if you are off by even a little you will miss the kill.

reminds me a bit of an overcharged pp + melee from reach in that it appears you virtually have to be that close to pull it off.

wwm0nkey

Said this in the gaming side but if you guys want to get in an out of combat the fastest go with regen, as soon as your shields start coming back (instantly when you touch it) get out of it and go find someone to kill :)

If you don't have firepower as your perk, I don't see why you would even choose the magnum as a secondary weapon. You can have a mini shotgun or an EMP gun instead.

op_ivy

If you don't have firepower as your perk, I don't see why you would even choose the magnum as a secondary weapon. You can have a mini shotgun or an EMP gun instead.

headshots. but yeah, for most matches, it seems the boltshot or pp.

Seems my go-to loadout is going to be:

LightRifle
Boltshot
Plasma Grenade
Regen or Thruster
Dexterity or Resupply

LightRifle is unlocked at SR-22, right?

op_ivy

I will choose Damage Boost when I have the option, all the time. That thing looked insane yesterday in the stream

it sure did. along the same lines, overshield is not like the old overshield, is it? it seems to strip so much faster (not necessarily a bad thing since its an ordnance item)

wwm0nkey

it sure did. along the same lines, overshield is not like the old overshield, is it? it seems to strip so much faster (not necessarily a bad thing since its an ordnance item)

Its pretty much a "Take 3 extra bullets to kill" power, its honestly better to choose Speed or Power over OS.

malfcn

Gamestop fails again. I submit an order online and I get one page confirming a total, and an email confirming a different total.

It's still capable of a 1hk, and it is headshot capable. It's going to be the go-to pistol and people will master the 1hk with it quickly.

PP tracks, strips shields instantly, and disables vehicles... combined with a mêlée, its almost as powerful as the BS one shot.

Sofa King

Can someone tell me what the population count has been for multiplayer? Just trying to get some idea of how many people are playing early.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Sadness is kicking in that I have to work on the 6th.

I could probably rush though campaign the night before but I'd prefer to enjoy it in one sitting not having to worry about waking up in time for work.

How many of you are going to be just playing MP the night of release?

Swarmerr

Because the majority of the player base doesn't want "ranked" playlists (look at any trends of ranked vs. unranked playlist population in not just Halo, but just about any game). This way, all the playlists can be "ranked" for those that want to look it up, and the majority that don't want that or don't care aren't bothered by it.

Personally, I'd prefer if the ranks were in the game, but I see why they are doing it the way they are.

I laughed.

This Halo 4 ad they keep showing in the MLG stream (and I've seen it several other places) would be nice if they threw a few lines of dialogue in there.

Bolded is a very good point. Less segmentation of playlist, still get matched up eventually against good opponents providing you play well, don't have to worry about when you start playing having hard time finding games. Wins all the way around.

malfcn

Gamestop fails again. I submit an order online and I get one page confirming a total, and an email confirming a different total.

And they charge my card the least, thank goodness.

Confirmation page: $27
Confirmation email: $45
Credit Card Bill: $25

willow ve

Sadness is kicking in that I have to work on the 6th.

I could probably rush though campaign the night before but I'd prefer to enjoy it in one sitting not having to worry about waking up in time for work.

How many of you are going to be just playing MP the night of release?

I'll be playing MP from day 1. I'll eventually get around to the campaign, but probably not for the first couple of weeks (until after Thanksgiving) so I can go through it all at once.

I don't know if it's the weapon itself, or if better players prefer using it, but every time I see people using the DMR they play better than the other weapons.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't know if it's the weapon itself, or if better players prefer using it, but every time I see people using the DMR they play better than the other weapons.

They're just used to the DMR in the Reach type game, and a better player would do better with the DMR because it's hit or miss, no chance of a half-hit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So is the Suppressor as useless as some people have said? The AR looks to be the best automatic, but that's just me.

nillapuddin

Seems my go-to loadout is going to be:

LightRifle - 2
Boltshot - 2
Plasma Grenade -2
Regen or Thruster - 3 / 2
Resupply - 1
Dexterity - 1

LightRifle is unlocked at SR-22, right?

LR = lvl 22 yes.

either way, your dream loadout there consists of 10or11 points, which leaves you with 12or11 extra SP to mess around with (once you hit 22)

all weapons are 2 points, mods are 1, and AA are mostly 3

I think you could easily get to what you want, have some flexibility along the way and be a happy camper

edit:
math fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom