• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunavi

Banned
saw and went into a Microsoft store for the first time when I went out to dinner tonight. was pretty impressive. was more pleasing to be in than the Apple store. There was a giant wrap around bar of monitors filled with Halo 4 stuff that was cool
I counted 38 monitors (very HD) at the one I went to. Such a big investment to launch one of those stores

Havok

[*]If you press X in the MM lobby it brings up the Roster. It looked about the same as Reach's so I don't know why Havok said it wasn't there.
So yeah, it is there, but missing some very basic, low-level functionality that Active Roster had in Reach. If you pull it up in the voting lobby, it'll give you a list of the players in the lobby with you, but it won't indicate which team they're on or if any of them are grouped together, both of which Reach's Active Roster was capable of. I should have been more specific with that criticism. I think the pullout roster works really well otherwise.

So yeah, it is there, but missing some very basic, low-level functionality that Active Roster had in Reach. If you pull it up in the voting lobby, it'll give you a list of the players in the lobby with you, but it won't indicate which team they're on or if any of them are grouped together, both of which Reach's Active Roster was capable of. I should have been more specific with that criticism. I think the pullout roster works really well otherwise.

Oh ok, I see what you mean, then. That sucks :/

Anyone try Smartglass with it?

It was identical to the Reach experience. I mention one or two sentences later that I don't know if the guy was European or not, because that would certainly make it worse, but it was a pretty awful experience I was having.

I'd guess that the experience a given player gets in Reach Firefight now, whether good or bad, is probably close to what you'll experience in 4's Spartan Ops.

Late as hell, but damn thank goodness. Reach was always perfect for my buddies and I. Never had any lag issues in that game, even playing on opposite coasts. Halo CE:A on the other hand.. well that game was broken.

willow ve

Anyone else order from Amazon (US) with release day shipping? I find it odd that I don't have a shipping notification or a tracking number. I guess they could already have all the units stocked in the local warehouses and they "ship" on Monday... but I'm starting to get nervous.

Oh! I noticed another thing, not sure if it was mentioned: You can no longer switch votes during the voting process. You are locked in once you pick a map.

JackHerer

Anyone else order from Amazon (US) with release day shipping? I find it odd that I don't have a shipping notification or a tracking number. I guess they could already have all the units stocked in the local warehouses and they "ship" on Monday... but I'm starting to get nervous.

Same here. No shipping notification yet on my LE from them. I pre-ordered a regular copy at best buy though so I can pick it up at midnight.

daedalius

I wrote up some impressions of Halo 4. I would have posted it here but it's just over 3400 words long. I don't know why. I talk a lot. Please forgive typos. It is long.

It's a good video game.

Good write up, and I totally imagined Havok's voice reading it to me the whole time.

It didn't seem overly negative, but objective and emphasizing what he thinks needs to be adjusted for a better game.

So if there were chairs and two 4 player screens the main-stage would actually be way better than anything we ever had before.

7293-width=660_height=660_fit=true_upsample=true.jpg

How do people keep getting the game early? Is it just a UK thing or is it everywhere int'l? It's such a wonderfully enjoyable experience waiting the last 4-5 days before the game comes out listening to everyone give their, at least for me, unwanted impressions. Do not want. Play the game in a dark room please and pretend you don't have it. Always love starting a game on release night knowing people have been playing it for days. PMS!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you have the game, but stop playing to write up a huge impression, what's wrong with you?!

blamite

Are newer controllers less prone to slow turn? I dug out an old one and it is pretty bad.

Slow turn is the thing where your aim drifts in a direction even after you stop moving the stick, right? I've had way too many controllers get that over the years. I don't know if newer ones are less likely to get it, but the wired one I've had for about 6 months is fine so far.

Are newer controllers less prone to slow turn? I dug out an old one and it is pretty bad.

I bought a controller a month ago and it is the worst slow turn I have ever played on. It also started randomly disconnecting.

Slow turn is the thing where your aim drifts in a direction even after you stop moving the stick, right? I've had way too many controllers get that over the years. I don't know if newer ones are less likely to get it, but the wired one I've had for about 6 months is fine so far.

Na thats just a worn out stick, slow turn is when a controller tuns slower in one direction than any of the others. Usually upwards and to the right.

Ramirez

I wrote up some impressions of Halo 4. I would have posted it here but it's just over 3400 words long. I don't know why. I talk a lot. Please forgive typos. It is long.

It's a good video game.

Good write up, I knew PV was going to be insanely OP...

I completely agree with your notion that a lot of flaws can be overlooked if the core gameplay is tight, which it seems to be. I put up with Reach for 5K games, and that game was anything but tight on the gameplay side...

RIP veto trolling

RIP EazyB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom