• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Joking aside, I love that you can't change your vote. I had to sit through so much garbage in Reach due to vote trolling.
Really? That's awesome!

Despite so much garbage (return of camo and jetpacks, promethean vision, etc) they've really done so many things right too.

Joking aside, I love that you can't change your vote. I had to sit through so much garbage in Reach due to vote trolling.
Yeah I'm happy they implemented that.

What's your opinion on JIP? In Reach I would have loved it due to how gimped a player was on his own against 2 or more other players at once. But 4 looks like the individual is at least gaining a little swagger back. That kind of taints the whole join-in-progress addition for me with Halo 4.

I've played Gears of War and Call of Duty, and the matches just don't feel as meaningful with players coming and going. It's a totally different kind of system that just doesn't feel right in Halo. I would still love to see a social playlist that allows JIP and a special ranked playlist that doesn't.

One AA that I'm not liking still is promethean vision. Watched several streams where people were trying to be sneaky and failed miserably.

Ramirez

Yeah I'm happy they implemented that.

What's your opinion on JIP? In Reach I would have loved it due to how gimped a player was on his own against 2 or more other players at once. But 4 looks like the individual is at least gaining a little swagger back. That kind of taints the whole join-in-progress addition for me with Halo 4.

I'm fine with JIP, I'll never be alone though. People love me!

Enfinit

Just watched FUD Part V again.

The part where Fred and Kelly take their helmets off gives me nerd chills every time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The butt-chugging lawyer is my avatar. Nobody admires me.

Also: congrats on the montage. 100k views is no joke.

:p

And thank you man. It means a lot. I've been pretty thrilled by the response and I can't wait to make some more stuff when the game actually comes out.

DeadNames

Banned
That is what I thought too while watching.
That had to be cgi right? They looked creepy as all get out. "How old are you" "That's classified." ALIENS CONFIRMED!!!!!

I'm 75% confident they were CGI. Their eyes were just so... far apart. Really creeped me out. To be honest, I would've preferred it if they didn't show their faces. And I always imagined Kelly to be blonde lol

FuD 5 spoiler talk.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Did i just witness Tashi get an Overkill

in Grifball?

Rest of the match looked like my 5 year old nephew flailing around with a pool noodle.

:lol

2 overkills!!

That was probably that most fun I've had playing Grifball. You see that pass at the end for the win? So sick

:p

And thank you man. It means a lot. I've been pretty thrilled by the response and I can't wait to make some more stuff when the game actually comes out.
It was a great montage even if i didn't care for the song ;) So if hurricane sandy ripped the roof off your place, then you have no ceiling. The sky is the limit for you.
case in point? vv
Did i just witness Tashi get an Overkill
haha can't let the streets beat me http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QrfO6kW8EIs#t=34s

Enfinit

I'm 75% confident they were CGI. Their eyes were just so... far apart. Really creeped me out. To be honest, I would've preferred it if they didn't show their faces. And I always imagined Kelly to be blonde lol

FuD 5 spoiler talk.

It was CGI. Not what I expected, but still gave me nerd chills.

Kelly was kinda creepy looking, but I guess that's the side effect of being genetically manipulated.

It was CGI. Not what I expected, but still gave me nerd chills.

Kelly was kinda creepy looking, but I guess that's the side effect of being genetically manipulated.
I figured as much. Still enjoyed it quite a bit.
dj.gif
LATE NIGHT PARTEH!!!! FUD 5 spoiler >
seriously, how would you show steroidal looking teenagers without cgi? haha

GhaleonEB

On top of that, there's no more None of the Above voting options, so voting lobbies go by pretty quickly.

One of the benefits of single game type hoppers. You don't have to veto hoping to get something you want to play - you get that by entering the playlist in the first place.

One of the benefits of single game type hoppers. You don't have to veto hoping to get something you want to play - you get that by entering the playlist in the first place.
Things are moving in the right direction. I'm really interested and eager to see what stuff 343 adds post release of Halo4.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Are newer controllers less prone to slow turn? I dug out an old one and it is pretty bad.

Affects all. Just cheap materials used to make them.

Its only a problem on wired controllers.

Nope. I bought a wired and it had the worst slow turn of any controller I have owned. I got sick of buying to controllers so I ended up just fixing my wired one. (simply grind the holes for the tumbsticks out and than smooth them down with sand paper.)

blamite

It's crazy, it feels like just weeks ago all we had wa a few seconds of gameplay in gif form to just watch over and over again.

iV1ixOTawT9hb.gif

also, looking for this gif I stumbled back upon this great moment in HaloGAF history:
My cat LITERALLY just shat itself because I laughed so hard at this gif. He jumped up and a tiny poop fell out of, or off of his cat-rocket-engine.

This is an actual event that just happened.

Ramirez

Wow.

Asscreed ending was severely underwhelming from both past and present perspectives. :(

This game was this || close to being traded in today. Freeing the Indian slaves with the officers that detect you for walking wrong was really tedious.

^ I miss the sparks.

Pop

This game was this || close to being traded in today. Freeing the Indian slaves with the officers that detect you for walking wrong was really tedious.

^ I miss the sparks.

Terrible ending in AC3.

I believe the sparks are still there. I think in the Tashi gameplay when someone gets blown up by the Incineration Cannon, sparks everywhere.

Edit: His oddball gameplay right at the 40 sec mark, dude gets shredded by the cannon.

Almost got stabbed to death tonight HaloGAF. This is why I hate North Dakota. Live every day to the fullest, and always let those closest to you know how much you love them. <3

Ken

There are people at SR40+........ What in the actual fuck. How many hours must that be?

Didn't monkey say he got to SR25 in only a few hours? Either the curve isn't that steep or that Mountain Dew and Doritos is paying off.

BTW I still don't understand Specializations. Are they basically little "classes" to level up in for the unlocks and after that you can't really do anything else with it? So once you've unlocked everything in every Specialization you just have a bunch more perks and armor pieces to play with?

Seance

Banned
Didn't monkey say he got to SR25 in only a few hours? Either the curve isn't that steep or that Mountain Dew and Doritos is paying off.

BTW I still don't understand Specializations. Are they basically little "classes" to level up in for the unlocks and after that you can't really do anything else with it? So once you've unlocked everything in every Specialization you just have a bunch more perks and armor pieces to play with?

:( Not living in the US sucks balls sometimes. No DewXP for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom