• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarmerr

If teams do not get matched up against teams in halo 4, there better be an outcry from everyone.

I don't care what playlist it is a team should never face randoms EVER. It isn't fun for either side and makes going into matchmaking by yourself almost impossible. 343 made super slayer a gametype where teams faced other teams, this better be the case with every freaking playlist in halo 4. (partly because being in a team of 4 and not getting matched against a team of 4 is just as frustrating)

I know that feel. For me, playing solo in Reach and running into partied up players was far worse than anything ever experienced in Halo2 and 3 matchmaking, period. Hoping beyond hope that what you bring up in this post doesn't become the norm in Halo 4. I still want a mercs playlist, personally.

A mercenary playlist would be amazing since I spend 90% of my time solo. It was one of my favorite additions from COD. No idea if the matchmaking framework has any capability like that though.

I'm interested to see what kind of post-game support 343 is going to be doing. Bungie always treated TUs as patches are things that are strictly broken.

IHaveIce

Banned
someone interested in the weapon skin that comes with the limited edition or the avatar.cryotube?
I'm interested in double.exp codes.

Can give it out tommorrow.

neoism

Whelp, now there is a how can Halo be reinvented thread.

tumblr_mcsnp67iCM1qdntjwo1_250.gif

woow the gif is amazing

The Barry Manilows featuring the beatdown crew.

Special guest appearance by Xand.

I told Xand about your 2forts plans.

He hates you.

Joining in progress has its flaws.

What usually happens is you join a team that is being completely stomped on, to the point that everyone else has quit.

This is exactly how it works in Call of Duty lol. I cant wait to join games where the opponents all have power weapons and are halfway to winning and my team has like 5 kills between them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The problem is less with JIP and more with quitters, which has always been a problem in Halo.

I'll take joining a losing team for 1 round over being stuck in a lobby where my whole team quits out with no hope of reinforcements over and over.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
devin with the turret rocking promethean vis in 3rd person - love the red glow off the helmet

TheOddOne

The problem is less with JIP and more with quitters, which has always been a problem in Halo.

I'll take joining a losing team for 1 round over being stuck in a lobby where my whole team quits out with no hope of reinforcements over and over.
Speaking of quitting, is the penalty system from Reach still in place in Halo 4?

This is the truth. Id like there to still be penalties for quitting but the jip feature to allow the unlucky remaining players to get reinforcements. Otherwise jip seems like a license for habitual quitting.

Yo Hydra if you want someone to compete in a european league/ tourney, I'd be more than happy to dong out.

I will graciously decline but only because of the Raven (or Crow) which is watching, always watching, from a distance.

I hear Zeouterlimits is a pretty cool guy. You should totes team up. He has a far more well kept beard than I.

I will graciously decline but only because of the Raven (or Crow) which is watching, always watching, from a distance.

I hear Zeouterlimits is a pretty cool guy. You should totes team up. He has a far more well kept beard than I.

Oh 2v2 tourney? Interesting - who is competing UK only or Europe in general? If its Europe in general I request either Overdoziz or Robbert come to my aid - only so that I have the advantage of dutch connection on my team and dont have to go against it :p

Highlaw

Banned
Finally read through 100+ pages.
No forge fine tuning is bothersome.. and the general lack of customization in some gametypes... I'm guessing there is still more stuff that's not working as intended and wasn't discovered yet.

The first thing I was going to do after beating the campaign was forging a Titan mode (Battlefield2142) gametype/map. But I'll wait until some issues are solved.

Havok

Part of it is that, but the issue I was having is that it was putting me in games against an obviously full party who were just creaming the guys I was joining. A real dongfest. Ordinarily, against a "normal" enemy team of a group of randoms (which is what I, as a solo player, should be matched against), I'd totally stick it out and wait for the game to rebalance teams. With a full enemy party it's not going to rebalance, so why waste my time?

In this instance I would say that the issue is less with JIP and more with party matching, which has been a consistently awful problem with Halo like Henery mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom