• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Willing to trade Specializations for some other pre-order bonus (not BR skin and HAZOP skin though), PM me.
Will check back after i've played the game.

EDIT would like CIO

fawaz

Banned
I have no issues with the menus at all. They are certainly different though and may not be what people are used to.

it just doesn't make sense. They already had an awesome UI/active roster.
why would they change it to an inferior design?

Omni

One thing about the campaign...

I felt rushed... Maybe it was just me, but I felt like everywhere I went I had to shoot something. Sometimes I like to explore a little, and sure, you can do it... but it doesn't feel right (especially the later levels)

Not entirely sure why, but there you go.

Enfinit

Had to stop at Mission 6 to call it quits. Plowing through the campaign too quickly and need to savor it. Gonna finish it up tomorrow. Absolutely fantastic so far!

Ramirez

Oh get off. It was *that* terrible. Literally a full half-second of delay. My movements were *actually* retarded (slowed).

And don't presume to know anything about me. It's a fucking joke.

A poor joke.

The campaign has been amazing thus far. It really can't be overstated enough how much 343 nailed the movement, aiming, and everything that makes a Halo game feel like Halo. Bless you 343. Bout to try out some MP. :)

Lingitiz

A poor joke.

The campaign has been amazing thus far. It really can't be overstated enough how much 343 nailed the movement, aiming, and everything that makes a Halo game feel like Halo. Bless you 343. Bout to try out some MP. :)

Good to hear. How does the general pacing feel so far? I really hated how Halo 3 had some missions that were 10 minutes tops, and then a few reaching an hour.

Omni

Good to hear. How does the general pacing feel so far? I really hated how Halo 3 had some missions that were 10 minutes tops, and then a few reaching an hour.

Missions are about 40mins to an hour long each. Well, that's for me on Heroic anyway.

I keep getting booted offline when I launch the game. Any reason why?

I can't install the second disc. Every time it gets close to finishing it shuts the xbox off and corrupts the hard drive which makes it extremely irritable getting it to work again. When I fix it again I am installing it from live even though I have to wait. Ugh.

Can't wait to see what they do with next gen hardware.

FyreWulff

I'm up to
where Cortana reacts to the Knight directing the Covenant

Instant non-story reactions.

Good

Graphics
Sound (mostly)
Gun animations
Level design is solid, although there's certain spots where it was like "we need to make this long enough to be sprinted through"

Meh

Outside of the DMR, AR, and Shotgun, the guns sound wimpy and feel about as much

It seems you're just randomly handed AAs when you respawn in campaign with no explanation.

The imposter system from Reach is still in use here, and triggers at even shorter ranges than Reach in splitscreen. Objects 10 feet away from me are grey blobs. There was a certain vista when we were making our way to the top of the tower in splitscreen where it was a lumpy gray mass. Um, probably shouldn't be using the imposter system on your skybox elements.

Bad

There is literally not a single cutscene yet, CGI or in-engine, where anybody's damn mouth actually syncs to what they're saying. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

GhaleonEB

Mission 1: completed, Heroic. Waypoint tells me, 92 kills, 33 headshots, zero deaths.

Going to take it real methodical and see how long I can keep that up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finished the campaign in 5 hours on normal.... lots of good, and some disappointing. Gonna sleep and then tackle MP.

Havok

Granted, I've beaten the campaign before, but just did a coop Legendary run in 4 hours. You can really cook through this game if you know where to go.

I haven't got xbox live so Ive been tackling the forge. Only disappointment is that you cannot zoom in on an object while you are holding it, and the lack of nudging controls. I hope this gets a patch at some time. That being said the map I am making looks 10x better than any of my reach forge creations. I can't wait to see what other people come up with.

Ramirez

Yea, the DMR is so much better than the BR, kinda sad. I was trying to use the BR in an Infinity Slayer match against guys with DMR/PV and was just getting toasted on every fight. :|

Not sure I really care for IS, but I had a blast in Dominion/CTF.

The gun play feels so rewarding in this game, not once tonight did I feel like I was fighting the game like Reach...

Arnie

Yea, the DMR is so much better than the BR, kinda sad. I was trying to use the BR in an Infinity Slayer match against guys with DMR/PV and was just getting toasted on every fight. :|

Not sure I really care for IS, but I had a blast in Dominion/CTF.

This makes me sad.

Ramirez

This makes me sad.

I could just be bad at the game, but when I switched to the DMR, I started going massively positive again. The DMR feels like it fires faster than the BR to me, which is weird, since I thought that was supposed to be the BRs strength over it.

Havok

damn, campaign sounds short.
It's about the same length as past Halo releases the first time through. This was a second playthrough, with an extra person. With 2+ people, you can just melt enemies in a heartbeat. Makes the thing kind of a cakewalk, really.

Tunavi

Banned
Yeah I tried going with the BR all night and went very negative. DMR shreds it. Oh well, I will still use the BR anyway

EvB

damn, campaign sounds short.

I did it in 5Hrs 38.

It felt like a good length to play, not dragged out. I guess that is half to be expected because it is definitely more story driven than previous games. It's awesome though!

Looking forward to taking my time and exploring looking for temrinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom