• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvB

Yeah I tried going with the BR all night and went very negative. DMR shreds it. Oh well, I will still use the BR anyway

I felt the same for a while, I'm getting the Hang of the BR though. I still prefer DMR though, it sounds like it is punching a hole through the wall of my house.

Yahooo! A sexy brown envelope sits on my desk beside me.

Re: DMR vs BR:
Felt clear from Duncan's NYCC footage that the DMR was the primary weapon of choice.

Omni

I'm glad there's no ranking system. Every single game I've joined my team were already losing.

The BR is my go-to weapon. DMR is just boring.

Thermite

Well, PV is about a big a joke as I could have ever imagined. Terrible...

ikfmgw73aebn0pnjwr.gif

Ken

I'd like ordnance drops to get some kind of marking of where it will land before calling one in; I've been calling some in today expecting them to land at where I was aiming or even somewhat close to only to have them land in further ahead in much more dangerous spots than I was expecting.

heckfu

Banned
I just played for about 4+ hours and I have had so much fun already. Can't wait to hit the hay, wake up, and start campaign!

Gui, were able to bring your 360? Or is that back in Portugal?
What is it's function in MP? So far I think I know in the campaign it was used to see through the fog. lolol You can still see the enemies just as well without it lolol
See through "nearby" walls, see enemies highlighted in red.
Quotes because I'm sure of the distance, but it's a short range thing.

The multiplayer game feels great. Love the DMR. Played from Tuesday 0030 to 0630 EST (Monday 1730 to 2330 UTC -12) and hit XP cap between SR-24 and SR-25.

Lunchbox

Banned
Reliable single-shot utility weapon with good range. Sounds like the best thing to hit Halo in a while.
it turns the match into poking each other with that gun from a mile away looking for angles and takes away from the combat pyramid of grenades and melee

that's not halo, it's shit. turns the game boring

The multiplayer game feels great. Love the DMR. Played from Tuesday 0030 to 0630 EST (Monday 1730 to 2330 UTC -12) and hit XP cap between SR-24 and SR-25.

Does the timezone trick work?

I feel for all the hardcore people who put down like 200 Doritos codes who will probably hit the cap and waste those codes away.

So people are tearing through half the SRs in a morning's play? Good to hear, the sooner that grind is over for as many players as possible the better.

zap

I thought the Halo 4 campaign was right up there with the best of them (Halo 3 imo). Not quite so expansive as Halo 3's felt, but really enjoyable. I felt like the story was a whole lot more meaningful than Reach - I cared so much more.

SO DAMNED PRETTY. Seeing some of the concept art realised almost perfectly in game made me so happy.

I feel like BTB and Dominion have too many power weapons - it feels like heavies. CTF is fun though.

Promethean vision feels like playing with cheat codes.

Gui_PT

Gui, were able to bring your 360? Or is that back in Portugal?

It's back in Portugal, unfortunately =\

Btw guys if I don't reply to one of your posts, it's not on purpose. I'm only home at night and there's like 15+ pages of posts.

Just quote one of my posts if you want to say something and I'll catch that for sure.

Does the timezone trick work?

I feel for all the hardcore people who put down like 200 Doritos codes who will probably hit the cap and waste those codes away.
I'll let you know when I get back home in an hour. Also, I don't think it uses your DXP matches once you hit the XP limit.

So people are tearing through half the SRs in a morning's play? Good to hear, the sooner that grind is over for as many players as possible the better.
The max is SR-130.

I emvy all of you who are just sitting down to start the campaign for the first time.
I wish I could wipe it from my head everyday and re-start it.

Roll on Halo 5!

S1kkZ

my online status always says "not joinable", even if i set privacy to open?!

also: spartan ops doesnt work at all right now "this playlist doesnt work, please try another one".

TheOddOne

Halo: 343 would consider different genres, mediums
343 would consider different genres, mediums and delivery mechanisms for future Halo games, Halo 4's exec producer has said.

Speaking to CVG in a just-published Halo 4 interview, Kiki Wolfkill explained that if a different type of Halo experience moved the IP forward in an interesting way, "we'll do it".
"We've always had a big vision for Halo and the universe and we look at ourselves as not just a games studio but an IP studio," she said.

"The first-person shooter is the best place to tell one kind of story but as you can see from Forward Unto Dawn and stuff like that, there are other parts of the story that are interesting to tell in different ways.

"Forward Unto Dawn allowed us to explore characters a little bit differently and tell a different kind of story - and that is interesting to us. We want Halo as a universe to grow and evolve and be a Star Wars... all the good parts about Star Wars!"

She added: "I think we'd look at what the most interesting genre, medium, delivery mechanism is to tell a certain story, and if it moves the IP forward in an interesting way we'll do it."

The Halo franchise previously explored the RTS genre with Ensemble's Halo Wars. 343 Industries is planning a new trilogy of Halo games.

I hope this isn't me being too negative given what I said yesterday, but I think Steitzer has been used...poorly. Granted, in past games, almost everything Steitzer said was unnecessary, but it was cool and he was used effectively. Now Steitzer says too much stuff and says too many things at once.

Stuff like "Hold the ball to earn points!" at the beginning of Oddball matches, and just about every other objective gametype, are unnecessary once the player becomes familiar with the gametype. Steitzer comes off as clumsy too by making him say too much stuff at once. Rather than saying "ball taken" it's "you have the ball." Instead of "ball dropped" it's your "your team dropped the ball." Having Steitzer saying stuff like "closing in on victory" or "five kills to win" is not cool an entirely unnecessary. I can tell that my team is about to win from my HUD.

Take that all together with announcements of insignificant achievements like "wingman" and "distraction," and it all comes off as too much.

Also, I think I understand why there's a marker over the ball carrier and the flag carrier now. With the inclusion of sprint, the average map sized has been increased. I get the impression it'd be difficult to find an oddball carrier on, say, Solace without the waypoint over her head.

I'll be starting campaign within the next hour. I'm excited.

Akai__

also: spartan ops doesnt work at all right now "this playlist doesnt work, please try another one".

Server crash maybe? Could be, because of the massive population.

Currently ~70000 people, but I bet there are a lot more,

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Getting this for MP and SpOps, haven't even played either yet.

Take that all together with announcements of insignificant achievements like "wingman" and "distraction," and it all comes off as too much.

You'll get used to it! After an hour you won't even hear it! It fades into the background! Programming options is hard!

Ken

I wonder when the join community games option will be used?

It's under the option where you set your party privacy.

That's used to join any ongoing games people on your friends list are in. It opens up a window with any friends you can join in progress/join their lobby.

Currently on mission 2 solo legendary. The Covenant AI is...really bad. The only difficult thing is the lack of ammo for good guns. I'm in serious need of more magnum ammo and I finally find a UNSC weapons rack, but all there are are Assault Rifles. :I

I suppose it does force you to get creative, although it's also been illuminating how meh the Storm Rifle is against the Covenant. Game is pretty though!

Omni

Jeeez. In theatre, there's a hell of a lot of motion blur when you try to use explosions and whatnot as effects. Odd... Makes things really difficult.

Okay. I have a bowl of noodles, a nice cold glass of milk, it's a nice, cold rainy day outside, and I have a brand spankin' new Halo campaign waiting to be played.

I'm ready and excited. Let's do this.

kylej

Banned
today is going to be a 6am to midnight type day. I don't think I'll have any chance to play halo 4 until the weekend, but glad people are enjoying themselves

GO VOTE

I hope this isn't me being too negative given what I said yesterday, but I think Steitzer has been used...poorly. Granted, in past games, almost everything Steitzer said was unnecessary, but it was cool and he was used effectively. Now Steitzer says too much stuff and says too many things at once.

Stuff like "Hold the ball to earn points!" at the beginning of Oddball matches, and just about every other objective gametype, are unnecessary once the player becomes familiar with the gametype. Steitzer comes off as clumsy too by making him say too much stuff at once. Rather than saying "ball taken" it's "you have the ball." Instead of "ball dropped" it's your "your team dropped the ball." Having Steitzer saying stuff like "closing in on victory" or "five kills to win" is not cool an entirely unnecessary. I can tell that my team is about to win from my HUD.

Didn't Bungie get rid of some announcer stuff over time? Maybe 343 will do the same.

Tawpgun

Road to Inheritor again.

Anyway, roommate was sleeping so there went my plans to play last night. I got to play at the launch event in the MS Store in Boston even though I preordered from the neighboring gamestop.

They had a DJ playing Halo music, master chief in old armor costume, free pizza and soda/water, those play on the go Xbox+TV in the suitcase things to play campaign in, and 2 1 v 1 stations with a bit of input lag on displays. Got to see the first level of campaign and play a bit of the second. Also tied my friend 1 v 1 Slayer Pro. Intense game, people were cheering behind us.

MS store knows how to put on a sweet launch party.

Anyway, I got a question about the discs. What do I need to do to play campaign and what do I need to do to play multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom