• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Halo Waypoint is still fucking terrible.

I don't get how HaloCharts and Bungie.net had it right for so many years and 343 messes it up so bad.

Looking at my stats just from 9 games is a headache.

Having to scroll to browse medals, only having 5 games per page in Game History, and a straight up confusing as hell navigation screen to switch through game modes.

Less is more when it comes to stats pages. No one cares about neat looking effects and futuristic user interfaces.

Halo Waypoint is still fucking terrible.

I don't get how HaloCharts and Bungie.net had it right for so many years and 343 messes it up so bad.

Looking at my stats just from 9 games is a headache.

Having to scroll to browse medals, only having 5 games per page in Game History, and a straight up confusing as hell navigation screen to switch through game modes.

Less is more when it comes to stats pages. No one cares about neat looking effects and futuristic user interfaces.

Yeah I tried to quickly browse to check which medals are in the game and couldn't even do that. Terrible stats tracking UI - there didnt seem to be information on the commendations in the game on there either?

willow ve

So the Waypoint player counter lists 65,369 people in multiplayer right now. That seems pretty low for launch day. Anyone have a prediction how high it will climb today?

Is there any way to track total number of players that are currently online (multi + campaign + spartan ops)?

MrBig

Eh. I have 3 wins and 9 loses. Join in progress is a pain in the ass.

If there's not going to be any way to disable JIP that's going to be really detrimental in playing the game in the way you want to.

I was completely OK with JIP until I was told you can't have the option to have the traditional Halo MM experience :/

willow ve

If there's not going to be any way to disable JIP that's going to be really detrimental in playing the game in the way you want to.

I was completely OK with JIP until I was told you can't have the option to have the traditional Halo MM experience :/

There must be a way to eliminate JIP (toggle/preference) for upcoming CSR (competitive skill rank). Unless the CSR has nothing to do with win/loss and is a similar algorithm to the start of Arena in Reach (although no one would make that mistake again... right?).

That's why they need at least minimal search options in the game. And honestly even join in progress games shouldn't let you join past the halfway (or even 1/3rd) point in the game.

I can't wait for the Battle Rifle 4sk buff in the upcoming title update, because right now the DMR is faster, has less recoil, and more range. And considering 100% of the maps in Halo 4 are fuckin' huge, that matters.

Don't nerf the DMR, just make the weaker weapons better.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Anyway, I got a question about the discs. What do I need to do to play campaign and what do I need to do to play multiplayer?

Once you install Disc 2, it's a coaster. Put it safely back in the box and never trouble yourself again. You then use Disc 1 to play or launch Campaign (you can install it of course, from the Dash to reduce wear and tear on your DVD drive if you wish) and Multiplayer.

It is also possible to install Disc 2 first, before ever using Disc 1 at all.

senador

Banned
So the Waypoint player counter lists 65,369 people in multiplayer right now. That seems pretty low for launch day. Anyone have a prediction how high it will climb today?

Is there any way to track total number of players that are currently online (multi + campaign + spartan ops)?

It'll go way way up tonight. Work, school, campaign, many haven't picked up yet.

Does the timezone trick work?
Yes. The game tracks XP earnings during the current day, by local time. I set my Time Zone to UTC -12 before I even went to get the game, to try and capture as many points for Monday 11/5 and I succeeded in hitting the limit. Once the clock ticked over from Monday, November 5th, 23:59 to Tuesday, November 6th 00:00, the new XP day started and I was again earning.

Duji

I really like what 343 did with the aim acceleration. Finally the aiming feels really responsive like back in H1 and H2.

willow ve

Where the hell is the postman. I can't even study correctly.

Same here. Deliver status for the UK version is still 60%.

UPS man was really late making the rounds yesterday. I'm dreading a 4pm or later delivery here in the States. Damn you Amazon and all the credits I had...

Once you install Disc 2, it's a coaster. Put it safely back in the box and never trouble yourself again. You then use Disc 1 to play or launch Campaign (you can install it of course, from the Dash to reduce wear and tear on your DVD drive if you wish) and Multiplayer.

Anyone know how long it takes to install (and/or total install size)?

Striker

I really like what 343 did with the aim acceleration. Finally the aiming feels really responsive like back in H1 and H2.
Feels like that too, and the vehicles (noticeably the Warthog) feels pretty great. More akin to me to what the Halo 2 Warthog was in maneuverability compared to the heavy Halo 3 Warthog or the one in Reach where it is more floaty. Wraith is also more nimble.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
UPS man was really late making the rounds yesterday. I'm dreading a 4pm or later delivery here in the States. Damn you Amazon and all the credits I had...

Anyone know how long it takes to install (and/or total install size)?

About five minutes of a pleasant slideshow and some music, and <8Gigs.

JackHerer

This game is pretty fun. Can't wait to put a lot more time into it this weekend.

Is 343 aware of the glitch with ordinance drops? A lot of the time from far away it will show one weapon, say, a Saw, and then when I go to pick it up it's something else entirely like frag grenades. Killcams still seem glitchy as well.

I can't wait for the Battle Rifle 4sk buff in the upcoming title update, because right now the DMR is faster, has less recoil, and more range. And considering 100% of the maps in Halo 4 are fuckin' huge, that matters.

Don't nerf the DMR, just make the weaker weapons better.

It may be more difficult than you imagine. Think chain reaction.

willow ve

About five minutes of a pleasant slideshow and some music, and <8Gigs.

Thanks - that's nice it's around 8GB. Just was doing some general cleanup on the old 120GB Elite model. Holy shit BF3 takes up 23GB (with more DLC to come).

Do you have to sign for the game if getting it from amazon? I don't want it to get to my house while at work!

It depends on the carrier and your arrangement with the carrier. In the past I've never had to sign for anything with UPS, but sometimes Fedex. Long story short, you can't really be 100% certain...

Akai__

I'm adding a couple of you on my FL. If you are not okay with it, just ignore it.

Would be cool, if some of you add me, too. Looking forward to play with you. :D

GT: CrazY CroaTia

So I thought I had bad luck last night for a bit- my local GS was short both on the LE and SE, by over 80 copies.. so no walk ins there.

My friend and I head over to best buy, walk in and pick up the two LE's they had that were not for preorder people. Yay!

Project

I ripped through about 6 hours of MP last night. Absolutely love the game. Infinity slayer is extremely fun. Really like where that's gone.

Also, I was a fan of Valhalla in halo 3 (weird, considering I am a very competitive halo player) but I have to say, Ragnarock is 1000x better with sprint. That map is awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love this game so fucking much. There are many problems, some big, but many more good things than bad.

My game is here. I am going to shower, pick it up from the mail room, play it forever, and go to class.

I hope to see some of you online because I don't have time to get invested in campaign right now.

Arnie

Funny you should say that.

awwww yeaa

Pretty images whilst you install. Couple games of multiplayer then it's on with the campaign. Starting on Heroic. Got work in three hours. Time is of the essence.

Akai__

Thats pretty crappy - any news on when they expect to deliver? If its a days delay thats not too bad, otherwise I would be better off just heading to a store and trying my luck.

The e-mail said it usually arrives the next day, so it should be today.

Normally, I get my packages in the morning, but I'm expecting it in the next hour.

Me: Hey do you still have Halo 4 in stock?

Shop assistant: "How do you spell Halo?"

The e-mail said it usually arrives the next day, so it should be today.

Normally, I get my packages in the morning, but I'm expecting it in the next hour.

Ah interesting, who did you order with? I may hold out and see if it arrives then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom