• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Is there any way to replay the movie that plays when you launch Infinity for the first time?

I got this strange video error (see below) when it played. Would like to watch it again and see it clearly.

A6_wYFGCIAApuvS.jpg

The same exact thing happened to me.

this is easily the most impressive console game graphically that I have seen in generations.. I can only compare it to the first time seeing a game like aLttP, the formula isnt new but the detail and attention even the slightest light sources were given is amazing...and im just on the 2nd level

Gazzawa

Haven't had this much fun in a Shooter campaign since battlefield 3....
Lol Jk I will never make such a comparison again. On mission 6 I think. Having a blast so far. Love the weapon sandbox - everything is useable.
-g69

Sup haloGAF? I just got back from voting after finishing an all night campaign play through. From midnight release, single sitting run on solo legendary, apparently it took 8 hrs 44 mins. The campaign is phenomenal, I can't wait until we can openly discuss it. Prom knights are a pain in the ass, you can really burn through a ton on ammo if you hesitate in killing one, the shields recharge so quickly. I was surprised by how easy the game was, of course it was just devs exaggerating the difficulty. That's not to say there weren't some frustrating parts: I shudder every time I have to get into a banshee. So bad.

Of course I can praise all the things done excellently, but where's the fun in that? QTE's are stupid. They add nothing of value to the game. If all I'm going to be doing is holding forward on the left stick, I'd rather do nothing and just watch. Jackal snipers are back, but they're not the problem: Promethean knights and crawlers with binary rifles are ridiculous.

Also, I think pretty much everything about the menu system and menu UI is terrible. Such an unnessecary change, it is not an improvement. I haven't played multi yet, gonna have to put that off for a while since life. But yeah, I was blown away with how good the game is. Those cutscenes...

Only played the first mission of campaign, but so far MP is amazing. Gunplay already feels better than Reach and 3 by quite a bit. I'm definitely feeling the DMR more than the BR. I wreck with the DMR but just do ok with the BR. Also the maps are all better so far than anything that came with Reach. Installing disc 1 now which I forgot to do last night and about to play more MP.

Mayyhem

Well I had like 42 matches of DoubleXP but I played like 12 matches last night and it kept being buggy (resetting me to SR1, etc) and apparently I've lost all my DoubleXP now. awesome

TCKaos

So has anyone been able to redeem their preorder DLC? The receipt at my Gamestop didn't have a code for anything. I asked about it and the guy said it should be in the box. Get home, check the box, nothing but that two weeks insert.

Also, when and how are we getting the arctic BR?

Gazzawa

So has anyone been able to redeem their preorder DLC? The receipt at my Gamestop didn't have a code for anything. I asked about it and the guy said it should be in the box. Get home, check the box, nothing but that two weeks insert.

I got 2 codes. My arctic weapon camo code didnt work. It was handwritten on a piece of paper.
But I care little for such triffles.
I keep it real.

My Gamestop was having problems with the codes not printing on some of the receipts, maybe the same thing happened there?

Fracas

#fuckonami

kittens and I had the same problem. I was told to come back today with my receipt and they'd give me a code.

edit: it seems all gamestops were that way

FyreWulff

Please waterboard whoever thought of assigning that annoying as hell sound to the Monitor in Forge mode, because that's what it feels like is being done to me after a half hour of forging

m23

Pretty great midnight launch last night in Toronto. There were around 200 people, maybe more. They had 2 matches of 8 v 8 going on, as well as a full screening of FUD on a huge screen. Free 2xp Doritos and Mountain Dew as well as posters and tshirts. The only bad thing about it was how cold it was. Some people won the Halo 4 console and headsets as well.

I got home around 1:30 am and played the first mission. Opening made my jaw drop, the actual level was pretty awesome as well. Jumped into War games after that and played a few games of Inifnity Slayer, it is so much fun. We were a party of four until one of our friends left, and for some reason we kept getting matches putting us 3 against 4, no more people were being put on our team. It was still fun though.

I saw someone mention something about their party being split up...can anyone else confirm that? If so, that really sucks.

Havok

Gotta say that I LOVE how the level begins. You're dropped into this area with a bunch of wreckage and there's a lot for the player to discover. There's a Halsey journal entry – not sure how that go into the Forward Unto Dawn – but that was great to find. There's also this Covenant terminal there which took me a second to realize it was saying, "The Didact." There's also Carbines and a SAW lying around for you to grab if you look hard enough.
That's not all.

There are the two audio bits you mentioned, the Carbines, the SAW, a Fuel Rod, a cache of Battle Rifles, and a Sniper Rifle all scattered through the area. Some of them are decently hidden, too.

Beckx

kittens and I had the same problem. I was told to come back today with my receipt and they'd give me a code.

edit: it seems all gamestops were that way

My wife drove by and prepaid for me earlier in the night, all my codes were on the receipt.

Pre-pay was nice, I showed up at midnight and since they handed out copies by group (and my group was 3 out of god knows how many), I skipped to the front and walked away at 12:10.

Petrichor

Goddamn the light rifle is horrible in multiplayer. What a shame. I tried to use the carbine as my main but once you go BR and see how overpowered it is it's difficult to choose anything else.

Blueblur1

I'm not sure about Campaign so far. Seems so-so. I'm currently playing the third level and its starting to be a little more fun though.

GhaleonEB

The feedback when fighting Covenant is pretty weak. Stickies that don't elicit reactions, needle super combines that just kinda go 'plop', Jackal shields not popping when the carriers die (just kinda fading out), Elites just kinda crumpling over silently when killed and so on all make combat feel very flat. Ploopy sound effects, enemies that don't have distinctive profiles or that respond with clarity to taking fire in various ways.

I need to process and play further. But I feel oddly disconnected from combat so far, there's no satisfaction in taking guys out; the simple act of headshotting a Grunt used to be fun and now there's just no visual or audio feedback to that action.

Working on mission 2, which is gorgeous and has some interesting encounter set ups. But the actual combat is off.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The feedback when fighting Covenant is pretty weak. Stickies that don't elicit reactions, needle super combines that just kinda go 'plop', Jackal shields not popping when the carriers die (just kinda fading out), Elites just kinda crumpling over silently when killed and so on all make combat feel very flat. Ploopy sound effects, enemies that don't have distinctive profiles or that respond with clarity to taking fire in various ways.

I need to process and play further. But I feel oddly disconnected from combat so far, there's no satisfaction in taking guys out; the simple act of headshotting a Grunt used to be fun and now there's just no visual or audio feedback to that action.

Working on mission 2, which is gorgeous and has some interesting encounter set ups. But the actual combat is off.

It has become pop and shoot gameplay

I don't feel there's any actual flow to combat scenarios at all

It's advanced and great looking and all, but it doesn't come close to Halo:CE at all.

Arnie

The DMR is a joke, so overpowered compared to the BR. I just went +21. Want actual matchmaking to kick in but I appreciate it's near impossible at this early stage.

FyreWulff

The DMR is a joke, so overpowered compared to the BR. I just went +21. Want actual matchmaking to kick in but I appreciate it's near impossible at this early stage.

Just FYI to everyone out there. The rough number of games before TS figures you out.

FFA: 3-5
4v4/5v5 : 46 - 50
BTB: 91 - 95 games

Petrichor

My impressions were very similar to yours at the point you're at. The prometheans are a lot more interesting to fight than the covenant, so the combat gets better in mission 3 (which is the strongest in the game for me, bar mission 8).

Beckx

Is there any trick to getting the preorder armor to show up in game. I entered the code through the dashboard.

If you completed the download, you can find it in the armor section of spartan hub. If it's not there, check Account Settings > Download History and download it again.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just completed the the game. Legendary wasn't hard, but it was a nice challenge.
Not sure yet how I feel about the campaign overall.

Havok

Just tried do do a bit of Forging for the first time. First impressions: unless they patch precision controls back in, I'm not going to touch this with a ten foot pole. Trying to use any of the default geometry (like the Impact building) on the canvases is a complete pain in the ass, raising and lowering by tapping LB/RB as lightly as possible on a digital button and praying that it lines up this time? Fuck that. On top of that, stuff like the Impact building's windows don't line up with any of the rotation snap values, so you've got to do it by hand. Good luck with that.
How do I turn off join in progress? I want to play a game from scratch. Just got dropped into the losing end of an Infinity Slayer BTB game, and I do not want to do that.
You can't. It's a shame, because the multiplayer is really fun when you can participate in the opening rushes and all that.

GhaleonEB

How do I turn off join in progress? I want to play a game from scratch. Just got dropped into the losing end of an Infinity Slayer BTB game, and I do not want to do that.

Trasher

Servers down for me. Never voting for Obama again.

I pre ordered from game stop. Do I get anything special?

I preordered from GameStop last night, and I didn't get anything... I'm fairly certain I was supposed to though. Anyone have the same problem?

GhaleonEB

You can't. It's a shame, because the multiplayer is really fun when you can participate in the opening rushes and all that.

Oh wow. I had no idea. I won't be touching any playlists that prevent me from starting a game from scratch, I really don't want to just drop into some random game.

I'm taking a break from Campaign and wanted to do a War Games match or two. Now I don't know what to play. Skyrim?

Edit: Skyrim.

MIMIC

Banned
You can join a game in progress? How does this work? Every match I've been in started from the beginning.

EDIT: I've just been playing Team Slayer (4v4), btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom