• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Heh, my boss just walked up and handed this to me.

Qs8Xil.jpg

Copy of H4 for the Office! Definitely going to put some time in playing at lunch :)

Shit could be worse.

Havok

What we would like out of a patch if possible

[/LIST]
ps: we think the game is really good, just minor tweaks the could help expand the game for years to come.
Precision forge controls, active roster/voting lobby party grouping (being able to tell who is in a party with who).

What is the point of the. New grenades? I don't see how they kill things at all.

I haven't played it yet, but if its anything like the power drain in 3 it will stop players from jumping out at you if your shield is down and you're in a close-quarters position. So if nothing else it gives you more time.

And random comment about frag grenades: why did they change the appearance of explosions? The sparks that shoot out of them all slow makes them look so much less powerful. Looks like a firework explosion rather than a grenade. I forget what Halo 2's look like, but Halo 3's grenades have way more of a "bang" explosion to them, like you can see the force.

Servers down for everyone or just me?

Posted this in the other thread:

Is anyone else having serious connectivity issues only in Halo 4? It says the matchmaking servers are having errors, it won't load my Spartan IV armor, etc..

What is this heresy ;[

I should note that all of XBL is working fine for me, even the party chat. Only in Halo 4 do these problems occur..

Having those problems too?

-EDIT-

XBL says this about Halo 4 service issues.

Anyone else having weird issues with not being able to join anyone?

I also have a problem where I'm technically SR-17, but for everyone else I show up as SR-1. It's pretty lame. :(

EDIT: Well, I guess the servers are unavailable.

Oozer3993

Just got the Limited Edition guide from Amazon. Can't crack it open yet, as I haven't beaten the Campaign just yet, but it's very nice looking. And it comes with dry erase multiplayer map overviews and an avatar shirt. I was not expecting either of those, so that's nice.

5gMKd.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You can play MP fine it seems, but joining is wonky, and it shows you as SR1 in the friend list and won't let you use loadouts you made, but shows your correct rank after the game.

Swarmerr

From the videos I have been watching grenades might need a buff, obviously too soon to know for sure but..

Edit: also the strafe seems sluggish, what happened to the strafe we saw in the conan br video??

Beckx

We interrupt this launch day with leaked details on Destiny from Superannuation.

This is not a dedicated server game, but there is some simulation and coordination running in their server infrastructure. The game was up and down a lot, playing in a team of 3 we did manage to experience entering a zone to find other players already taking on the bad guys, it's cooperative so we helped out (mostly [name removed], I just died) before both groups went their separate ways. Which is a pretty cool experience, making you feel you are part of a much larger populated world.

…At the end of the day I was excited about the game, I like the feel of being in a large world with different destinations and the interactions along the way. It actually brought back a sense of exploration I recall from playing [Elite] many years ago, although there was no opportunity to shoot aliens in the face in Elite. I'm not fully sold on the appeal of being able to change the colour of a weapon, but I guess it works in China, and customization and individual identity is a big theme for the game.

...He also gathers that the general consensus from others is that Destiny is "still quite like Halo" and "there is a lot of work still to be done."

Blueblur1

Unfortunately, all but one of them are JIP-mandatory from what I can tell.

There are a few things I'd like them to patch in, and a JIP toggle is definitely one of them, as well as the aforementioned Forge precision controls (this especially is vital to my enjoyment of the entire mode) and an Active Roster update that lets you see which players in a voting lobby are in a party together.
There a ton of small details like that one that are missing from Halo 4 and I don't understand why. I see stuff like that along with the other hiccups I've experienced (wonky Banshee AI, sound effects getting cut off, menu freezes) and it really disappoints me. I'm starting to have the opinion that they didn't reach the quality bar Bungie set with Reach. It's a shame because the base gameplay is better in Halo 4.

fawaz

Banned
To the people complaining about grenades: are you insane!
Never do I want to return to the days of the hand nukes in halo reach.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just got an update from Amazon. My shit isn't going to be here today even though I pay for prime. That's the last time I buy a game from them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom