• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat the campaign in 6 hours. On legendary.

Realllllly short imo. A lot of other stuff I'd like to talk about but dont want to spoiler anything so ill wait

wp000094b.jpg

Was waiting for me at my desk.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Whoa that XNA dev kit is sexy.

WTF though I use XNA on my regular 360, why do you need a dev kit for it? Or is that just some XNA sticker and you're not developing in XNA...

Start off a game of Exile, and my useless teammates scatter like chickens with their heads cut off from spawn as I hop into the Gauss Hog looking for a driver. One of the idiots finally gets killed and notices it in the spawn zone and drives us head-on into a Scorpion.

BigShow36

Join-in-progress is dumb a shit.
Also, Active Roster is a definite step back from Reach's one, same with the lobby.

Yeah, the UI is really horrible. The only way 343 could have possibly designed it like that was to satisfy some MS Glass requirement, because there is no way anyone could think that's a good design.

Whoa that XNA dev kit is sexy.

WTF though I use XNA on my regular 360, why do you need a dev kit for it? Or is that just some XNA sticker and you're not developing in XNA...

Some of these GB dev kits are branded with the XNA program logo. I'm pretty sure the final ones are not branded.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Join-in-progress is dumb a shit.
Also, Active Roster is a definite step back from Reach's one, same with the lobby.

I'm hoping that it's super rare when I'm partied with people. Also, I think for people already in the game and are having their teammates replaced it's pretty awesome. However, if I want to play seriously, I want to start from the beginning. My guess is that when we get ranked playlists, it will not be featured in there.

I could see myself not minding in BTB Infinity Slayer because if I join that playlist alone then I'm clearly looking to just fuck around lol

Also, David Candland >

edit:Gotcha ArbiterMajor, thanks.

I am distinguishing the encounter design from the feedback loop. Encounters are great. Feedback loop is very poor, IMO.

And I'm really starting to dislike the sound design. A LOT. The alien weapons sound both weak, and no longer alien.

Sounds more metallic than plasma or energy sounds

The thing about JIP is that once you get in to a game, that's it. If you join midgame, it'll be for that one match because evry other time after that match you'll be in that party unless you swap hoppers a lot.

Yeah, pistol seems pretty worthless. If I'm gonna have a last ditch sidearm effort I'm gonna try with the bolt shot, else go plasma for vehicle whores.

DMR, Magnum, Frags, PV, Shielding, and Dexterity

that is all you need
Same except Jetpack and Unlimited Sprint. So good.

Yeah, pistol seems pretty worthless.
Pistol is a beast. Beats a DMR close range every time.

Jetpack seems worthless too with how wide open a lot of the maps are.
The paths it opens up are more than worth it.

I love mobility. I can just keep on the move instead of having the burst stop burst stop burst stop of regular sprint.
Not having a sprint meter sucks. This is a solution.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Oh shit I forgot about party splitting. This is a good question

Earlier a bud joined one of my 'matches in progress'. This translated to the system thinking we had 5 members in our party, thus splitting it 3 and 2 to each team.

Kind of sucked.

TheOddOne

Having a blast with the campaign, levels are well designed and the Prometheans are really fun to fight (even on Legendary!). Now sleep, wake up study all day and then go right back in the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom