• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

fawaz

Banned
Two questions:
Where is my GameStop preorder bonus?
Why was there manual? I wasted 10 minutes trying to figureout what to install.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Prime cancelled. At least they refunded all 79 dollars (prime subscription), and gave me 10 dollar credit on top of it.

Wish I had just bought from Gamestop now.

danwarb

The feedback when fighting Covenant is pretty weak. Stickies that don't elicit reactions, needle super combines that just kinda go 'plop', Jackal shields not popping when the carriers die (just kinda fading out), Elites just kinda crumpling over silently when killed and so on all make combat feel very flat. Ploopy sound effects, enemies that don't have distinctive profiles or that respond with clarity to taking fire in various ways.

I need to process and play further. But I feel oddly disconnected from combat so far, there's no satisfaction in taking guys out; the simple act of headshotting a Grunt used to be fun and now there's just no visual or audio feedback to that action.

Working on mission 2, which is gorgeous and has some interesting encounter set ups. But the actual combat is off.

I agree with all of this. It feels strange seeing elites and grunts quietly turn and fall the same way seemingly every time.

Computron

Halo 4 is using some even higher density format for disc one. Fucking POS xbox wont read disc 1, but it plays every other game (even disc 2) 'fine'.

YKkAG.jpg

I had trouble with Gears 3 and anniversary, but if I lower my potentiometer any lower I run a sever risk of blowing our the diode and losing the ability to play any disc games. I am already past the 3k ohm safety point and the disc is only starting to spin longer than 3 seconds and ends up being read as a mixed media, or even worse, it taunts me by saying 'play game,' only to spit out a DRE after a 2 second black screen.

I managed to not sucomb to any hype for this whole past month, but now that I finaly have the game in my hands, I can't even fucking start it? And my box is out of warranty and MS just happens to make the most POS drives... damnit.

This is the worst.

Anyone else getting DRE or 'open tray' errors left and right?

Trasher

Halo 4 is using some even higher density format for disc one. Fucking POS xbox wont read disc 1, but it plays every other game (even disc 2) 'fine'.

I had trouble with Gears 3 and anniversary, but if I lower my potentiometer any lower I run a sever risk of blowing our the diode and losing the ability to play any disc games. I am already past the 3k ohm safety point and the disc is being read as a mixed media, or even worse, it taunts me by saying 'play game,' only to spit out a DRE after a 2 second black screen.

I managed to not sucomb to any hype for this whole past month, but now that I finaly have the game in my hands, I can't even fucking start it? And my box is out of warranty and MS just happens to make the most POS drives... damnit.

This is the worst.

Anyone else getting DRE or 'open tray' errors left and right?
Holy fuck. That dedication.

First impression of Campaign: Freaking awesome! But kinda short.

I wish I would have played Solo first so I could have taken my time, but co-op was still a pretty great experience.

Next time I'm going solo on Legendary. Should be way intense.

Computron

Someone please tell me if the game spins for about 3 minutes after you launch it from an install like Gears of War 3 does when you play from an install.

I am thinking if I can get it to install, it might be worth it to crank my potentiometer that low as long as I play everything from my HDD from now on.

FyreWulff

When the hell does the Wolf emblem show up. I need to know how much Forging I need to do until I feel right again.

Someone please tell me if the game spins for ~3 minutes after you launch it from an install like Gears 3 does?

I am think if I can get it to install, it might be worth it to crank my potentiometer that low as long as I play everything from my HDD from now on.

yep

BigShow36

Sound is shit in this game for the most part.

Eh, aside from the warthog and a few oddities, I've found it quite good. Of course, I don't really pay much attention to the sound unless it's stands out as being extremely good or extremely bad, like the warthog.

Quick question, Can I use the 14 days xbox live trail that comes with the game on a old account(gamer tag) I had already or do I need to make a new gamer tag to use it.

MrBig

Quick question, Can I use the 14 days xbox live trail that comes with the game on a old account(gamer tag) I had already or do I need to make a new gamer tag to use it.

You can use it on an account that previously had a live sub.

Also, why are people still posting about H4 in here? Having to go to two threads for the same discussion/information is bad.

neoism

talk about being shit on!.... me!
:( :( :( mY FUCKING DISC ONE JUST GOT ATE BUY MY REACH CONSOLE!... :(
will not load nothing.. :(

worst halo launch for me ever... not only have I had to redo 3 or 4 levels on coop legendary over again becauseof getting disconnected, but now fucking this..........fuck my LIFE!

:(

heckfu

Banned
Everyone's gone back to Reach.

Damnit, why didn't anyone tell me?
Quote to see codes for some pre-order stuff:

I had to write over every code so if I made any mistakes please tell me so.

Got the Locus helmet. Thanks!

worst halo launch for me ever... not only have I had to redo 3 or 4 levels on coop legendary over again becauseof getting disconnected, but now fucking this..........fuck my LIFE!

Well, as much as that sucks I think you are taking it...way too seriously.

Computron

I know dat feel.

I diode may be botched now... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom