• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

loooool at these server issues. come on microsoft.

You can pass the time by checking out your stats on Waypoint...

Capture.jpg

None of the maps really stand out, pretty underwhelming map design.

I actually like the smaller maps, but there's only a few of them. Gets old playing Solace 50 times in a row.

kylej

Banned
didn't Frankie say Prothean Vision is something that would never be used be anyone except for newbies and that it wasn't powerful

and people pointed out how it's pretty obviously extremely powerful

and then MLG pros used nothing but prothean vision

and then a bunch of nerds here defended Frankie and said you're wrong you need to play the game

and then the game came out and prothean vision was super powerful

I'm gonna jump out a window

didn't Frankie say Prothean Vision is something that would never be used be anyone except for newbies and that it wasn't powerful

and then a bunch of nerds here defended Frankie and said you're wrong you need to play the game

Yeah, Promethean Vision is already really annoying to fight against, as expected.

So is there any reason not to pick Promethean vision?

Yea if you are already smart you know where the enemy is rendering it pretty useless.

Jetpack is better as it actually increases your players ability beyond normal, thats something quickthinking/knowledge cant do.

Its like picking the quick level up in Fallout...its useless because its a waste of a perk and youll eventually get to the next level without it.

All I can say is, it's infuriating to go up against it in 4v4. It's one thing to dart your eyes back and forth between radar and the world, but to actually see people through walls and know how to adjust yourself when you juke out is another thing entirely.

BigShow36

All I can say is, it's infuriating to go up against it in 4v4. It's one thing to dart your eyes back and forth between radar and the world, but to actually see people through walls and know how to adjust yourself when you juke out is another thing entirely.

When you combine it with radar, it makes any sort of flanking or juking completely futile.

kylej

Banned
bodes pretty well for Halo multiplayer that the dude in charge of all future halo products completely fails to recognize the power of what seems to be nearly a game breaking mechanic

gg 343

Woorloog

Banned
LOL @ people saying the BR is bad. Babbys first recoil? Learn2play

What recoil? I used it whenever i could in campaign (and in one-and-one-and-half War Games before the game crashed) and never noticed the recoil, while owning with it.

How long does it take for Halo Waypoint to acknowledge me as LE owner? Do i need to open the Xbox app first? I entered all the codes that came with LE and the Xbox accepted them all.

Mayyhem

It's not "bad", the DMR is just a much better choice in almost every situation if you have even a grain of skill.

edit: why the fuck did these server issues make me lose more than 25 matches of legitimate doubleXP?

Are the servers back up?

the server situation is beyond disappointing. how the fuck does this happen with Microsoft's flagship title? My friends were having a blast last night but are so bored of trying to join games they've gone back to other games.

Fucking embarrassing.

neoism

Damnit, why didn't anyone tell me?

Got the Locus helmet. Thanks!

Well, as much as that sucks I think you are taking it...way too seriously.

ibuWrq3Sg2gbyy.gif

your right first time it happen to me ever...though :/
it is really shitty to have to do the 7th level three times on legendary though because of random disconnects.. in 900 hours of reach not one problem.

GhaleonEB

What recoil? I used it whenever i could in campaign (and in one-and-one-and-half War Games before the game crashed) and never noticed the recoil, while owning with it.

It has a slight recoil you were probably correcting for instinctively.

I'm a ways into mission 3. Very mixed on the Campaign so far.

Fracas

#fuckonami
khannooooo.jpg

Crap. Wish I'd saved my Forest Skin for trade. I do have the gamestop theme and avatar prop left but I suspect you won't want that trade.
Check PMs in a sec

It's so damn annoying to play against.
If you can aim better than a head of lettuce, then you'll outduel a BR user with a DMR 9 times out of 10. BR's not bad, but DMR kills faster.

Speaking of casuals. All my real life friends hopped on and bought Halo 4 proceeded to post the picture of their game on facebook last night. Was kind of smirking at it considering they will play for a week, get mad, yell at the game that it sucks and its their fault they are doing so bad, even though I am playing with them going positive. They will then move on to other games. Been happening since Halo 3 for me.

Woorloog

Banned
It has a slight recoil you were probably correcting for instinctively.

I'm a ways into mission 3. Very mixed on the Campaign so far.

Didn't Halo 3 BR have recoil as well? Wouldn't correct the recoil instinctively otherwise, i think. Or if do, damn good control design.

Shadders

It's taking me about 15 minutes to get into a party with my buddies as it keeps spitting out random errors. Then after each match it splits us up and we have to do it all again.

This isn't fun.

Speaking of casuals. All my real life friends hopped on and bought Halo 4 proceeded to post the picture of their game on facebook last night. Was kind of smirking at it considering they will play for a week, get mad, yell at the game that it sucks and its their fault they are doing so bad, even though I am playing with them going positive. They will then move on to other games. Been happening since Halo 3 for me.

my friends are already back on call of duty.

MrDaravon

the server situation is beyond disappointing. how the fuck does this happen with Microsoft's flagship title? My friends were having a blast last night but are so bored of trying to join games they've gone back to other games.

Fucking embarrassing.

What's mainly baffling is I've seen 800k+ users on CoD at once with no issues, and this is breaking at 200-300k. Beta something something. I don't think it could be just Waypoint integration in general, CoD Elite pulls game and more detailed data immediately. Elite WAS really rough the first few weeks, but that didn't have any impact on game servers/matchmaking so I wouldn't think that was it. All of my friends are on for the first time and we can't play :/

Striker

Had a Dominion game go a minute and five seconds in length. And for a large part of CTF Ragnarok, it was two Mantis and Banshee hitting the base, and two guys sitting in mid hill destroying the opposition. Classic Valhalla.

BigShow36

Fucking embarrassing.

Imagine how bad its going to be if it's not fixed by next Tuesday.

The Crawf

Fucking embarrassing.

Same here, party of four, after ages of faffing around we just gave up. Not good enough!!

lilty

So apparently I'm not connected to the Halo 4 server. Would that have to do with it?

If I have to beat this shit again I'm gonna be a little mad...

Havok

Just beat the game. Wasn't I supposed to get Mark VI armor?
If you did it on Legendary, yeah. If the servers were down and you couldn't access commendations, it won't count. Totally sucks, I know.
Had a Dominion game go a minute and five seconds in length. And for a large part of CTF Ragnarok, it was two Mantis and Banshee hitting the base, and two guys sitting in mid hill destroying the opposition. Classic Valhalla.
Using that vehicle set for 5v5 is just awful.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just beat the game. Wasn't I supposed to get Mark VI armor?

Did you get the Achievement that you beat it on Legendary? If not you might have missed a chapter or something and have to redo that one.

Edit: Nevermind, Plywood cleared it up.

Server shit happens guys. Maybe after diablo 3 release, a day of servers being a little screwy doesn't get to me anymore. Diablo's shit lasted for weeks.

lilty

Servers are borked, ran through co-op legendary with my bros and it's saying they haven't beaten Legendary in spite of having the achievements and the Mark VI armor.

It says I've done 4 missions but I have the achievements for doing them all. Hopefully when this gets fixed I get the armor too.

Overdoziz

Banned
Regicide:

1st place: 305 points - 30 kills - 3 assists - 9 deaths - 10.2 points per kill
2nd place: 240 points - 13 kills - 3 assists - 15 deaths - 18.5 points per kill

Why is this in matchmaking and not normal FFA? :lol

Really bummed out from this server jazz. I just can't keep playing and get reset back to SR1 or trying to get friends in to a party to play together only for everything to fall apart.

JackHerer

I just realized the the Magnum is actually really powerful in this game if you are close enough to counteract the bloom. It's a lot like the Reach beta magnum with the extremely high rate of fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom