• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

You guys are crazy on the campaign. It's way better than Reach, 2, or 3's was, and the combat with Elites and the Prometheans is the best in a long, long time.

I usually don't enjoy the campaigns very much, but I had a blast in this one!
It felt a bit stale the first few missions, than really picked up!
Story was great! I love how it embraced the Halo lore instead of just sticking with the covenant/human struggle.
Bright future is ahead!

GhaleonEB

MISSION OBJECTIVES

*Press Button
*Place Four Fingers on Random Touch Screens
*Insert Cortana
*Retrieve Cortana
*REPEAT ABOVE UNTIL A CUTSCENE HAPPENS.

How anyone at 343 thought this was fun...no words....

As an aside, the first time "Insert Cortana" appeared on screen, I totally misread it. Granted, it was right after a cinematic lingered on her rear for a bit.

Kud Dukan

Only a few levels into the campaign, but so far it's fantastic. Going to jump into the multiplayer later tonight and give that a try (assuming the servers don't die before then, of course).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I kinda find it less fun now that the Prometheans show up! (But I'm still enjoying it.)

The AI is seriously worrisome at times, though.

Crawlers are the only thing in the game that presents a challenge

Knights are just bullet sponge statues

Watchers are just irritating and are usually out of the way very quickly

While all these things would make you think that they were expanding the battleground dynamics, I believe it actually sharply narrowed them.

I really did not have one interesting engagement the entire game.

Fuchsdh

I'm in Northern Virginia, so why the hell is my Halo 4 copy shipping from "Breinigsville PA"?

Should be here tomorrow, however, so I might be able to get a crack at the campaign by Thursday.

Thanks for being good about spoiler tagging things, guys.

You guys are crazy on the campaign. It's way better than Reach, 2, or 3's was, and the combat with Elites and the Prometheans is the best in a long, long time.
I liked the first couple levels a lot, though the first one was pretty barebones. Prometheans are fine, just feel kinda repetitive so far. Knights feel a bit damage-spongey, or else I haven't figured out how to hurt them quicker yet. Watchers are the ultimate trolls. The Boltshot feels kind of clumsy, but the Light Rifle is cool.

Anyone else think it's funny how humans, Covenant, and Prometheans all store their weapons in convenient upright racks?

lilty

So I can play mulitplayer now, just don't have the armor or proof I beat it asides from the achievements. What the hell

Booties

Banned
Too much work to do and too much of a desire to watch CNN all night. Being an adult sucks. I'm never going to play halo at this rate

I beat the first three levels last night. I went to be not looking forward to playing the rest. I think the campaign is pretty boring. The PKs are just elites with arbitrary health and shields. How do I know if I'm even hitting them? Ammo gets used up too quickly. Not enough grenades. Vehicles suck. Hopefully when I get into MM later this week I'll feel better about this game.

Kade

I'm new to the whole Xbox Live and Halo thing so if there are any friendly GAF dudes who want to play you can add me. Gamertag is dygiT.

Tawpgun

Just beat the game.

;_; so good.

Suffered from a bit too much button pushing at times and repetitive sequences but GOOD LORD.

Beautiful. Watching credits right now and anticipating some kind of hint as to what the eff we're doing for 5 and 6.

Is matchmaking still hosed? Trying to figure out if me and the boys should bother dragging all our stuff into my house to hop online for the night. Need to let them know ASAP.

What's the word? Heard it was spotty all afternoon.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I decided to download Waypoint while waiting for the servers to work and this seems to have fixed it,

Possible MM FIX:

Download latest Waypoint via H4 Menu, launch it, exit out, play H4. Should load up your records just fine.
Still seems to be working, got 2 chapters of SpOps in with no problems.

heckfu

Banned
Have you noticed that whenever you select menu options or go into a menu the noise is almost the exact same as the Wii noise?

FyreWulff

dear matchmaking:

plz give me good teammates in matchmaking for once when going in alone

enemy team kills:

my team:

16 (me)

I'm in Northern Virginia, so why the hell is my Halo 4 copy shipping from "Breinigsville PA"?

Should be here tomorrow, however, so I might be able to get a crack at the campaign by Thursday.

Thanks for being good about spoiler tagging things, guys.

Because theres a pretty big Amazon hub in Breinigsville on Boulder Drive.

dear matchmaking:

plz give me good teammates in matchmaking for once when going in alone

They still haven't fixed that? That was in Reach. Direct comments to Hirednoobs the local community Trueskill expert.

Heroic Solo done.

Doesn't reach the highs of Halo 3 I think because of the worse feedback loop, but doesn't have any of the lows either. Hits a very consistent, pretty damn entertaining note at the third level and basically stays there the whole game. Love the huge playspaces that actually use your increased mobility options.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Impressions at this point

Campaign: Very good so far. Not quite Halo 3, but pretty dang close. I love fighting the Prometheans.

Multiplayer: Fun, but has some issues. Promethean Vision is really overpowered, as is the Mantis, Binary Rifle, and Jetpack. Way too many power weapons, every match feels like Heavies. Complex is garbage. Regicide is alright. Flood is literally just reskinned infection.

I can't even launch Waypoint from the main menu. I get a black screen I hear a 360 notification blip, but I can't do anything from there. Crashes my 360.

Havok

How do I save films in Halo 4?
You should be able to hit start and find them in the File Browser (next to the Network option) and save them with the Y button menu. If not there, then you can go into the theater, hit Select Film, click the right stick, select Recent Films, hit Y, and save them.

That is a mouthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom