• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously 343 I connect to friends and you throw me on the opposite team to get buttfucked on a team that's already a man down?

Thanks. Really.

MrDaravon

Wait, so if you're in a party and your party joins a game in progress it will split you? What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, even Call of Duty doesn't do that. Didn't do that any of the times we played as a group and joined in progress, maybe it's related to the servers being jacked right now? I find it really hard to believe that's intentional or a possibility (outside of obviously being in a party that has more players than a team in that playlist has).

Ramirez

Eye Drop received his package today, so the rest of you should be getting yours very soon.

Also, it seems that my stats haven't updated since last night. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
And now I'm fighting you...again

Halo

This team splitting blows. Happened AGAIN.

Party splitting seriously made it in? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Looks like a JIP thing.

The question is does it put you on the same team at the beginning of next match. If so, it's not TERRIBLE, but it's still pretty bad.

Wait, so if you're in a party and your party joins a game in progress it will split you? What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, even Call of Duty doesn't do that. Didn't do that any of the times we played as a group and joined in progress, maybe it's related to the servers being jacked right now? I find it really hard to believe that's intentional or a possibility (outside of obviously being in a party that has more players than a team in that playlist has).

No, COD will just throw you into a match without half your party, or never find a match.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Eye Drop received his package today, so the rest of you should be getting yours very soon.

Also, it seems that my stats haven't updated since last night. :(

Oh I think I forgot to post but yea I got my package. Thanks sexy

Ohhh, that's way more understandable then. I thought she was talking about Halo 3 style party splitting.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, if you join a game that's in progress with a party, it'll split your party up?? Jesus christ. I thought she was joining a friend's game and she happened to be on the other team...

No. Someone JIPed while we were doing a game. Split us all up.

Also I keep having to turn my xbox on and off to join folks.

Ugh.

Getting off for a while I need dinner.

What the fuck

Unless someone else randomly joined before we loaded up and I didn't notice, that's what happened. Anyway I don't want to join shit already in progress. How do you turn that crap off? Why are a bunch of settings defaulted to on? Like perm crouched? Christ.

MrDaravon

No, COD will just throw you into a match without half your party, or never find a match.

I have something like 28 days across Blops and MW3, 99% of that in large groups, and that has never happened a single time, period. MW2 had major issues with that, but Blops and MW3 did not.

Unless someone else randomly joined before we loaded up and I didn't notice, that's what happened. Anyway I don't want to join shit already in progress. How do you turn that crap off? Why are a bunch of settings defaulted to on? Like perm crouched? Christ.

You can't turn off JIP.

I would strongly recommend that everyone who has issues with that (which is totally fair) to pretty much get ready to completely ignore your W/L ratio. It's utterly meaningless and no one looks at it in CoD for the same reason (JIP). This has the unfortunate side effect of making people prioritize K/D though.

lol Regicide is such a terrible game type.

I've gotten top kills 3 games in a row and finished 2nd every time to some guy who is negative. Brilliant game type design there...
You have to kill the king. I think it is brilliant in its design. Very intense and focused, games really come down to the wire for those in the lead.

Besides, FFA was always about the fastest scorers, not the best spread.

Ramirez

I have something like 28 days across Blops and MW3, 99% of that in large groups, and that has never happened a single time, period. MW2 had major issues with that, but Blops and MW3 did not.

Uh, BO had major party issues for a long time at its launch.

You have to kill the king. I think it is brilliant in its design. Very intense and focused, games really come down to the wire for those in the lead.

Besides, FFA was always about the fastest scorers, not the best spread.

A person with a bad spread would not win a game of FFA in past titles, c'mon.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bungie's Halo games were really polished.

Yeah, there was definitely that. Except from my understanding Halo 2 was a mess too.

Funny, I play with a bunch of guys at every launch and it ALWAYS happens.

Amazon still hasn't sent my preorder code.

Most of the time I get it before the game even ships. What gives, Amazon?

Dude, go to customer support and talk to them, ffs.

MrDaravon

Uh, BO had major party issues for a long time at its launch.

On 360? Swear to God, zero problems here. Not that I wouldn't completely believe it (MW2 was a goddamn disaster in that regard), but that was never a problem for us in Blops, which was one of the reasons we stuck with it. CoD has a ton of significant issues, but that particular one hasn't existed for our group since MW2 days. No idea then. It's not defensible in either case though.

Anyone care to update me on these puzzle patterns from the Waypoint classified tags and homepage banner images? *I looked through the last 5-10 pages but nothing there, also looked through Waypoint but things are busy as you can imagine.

1. I put the puzzle pieces together in one strip
YHJeV.jpg

2. The source puzzle image from the Waypoint homepage
apVCN.png

3. Another image found from the "classified" tag cloud
MMZQZ.png

I'm not up with the alphabet or even if this was solved etc???

I assume if you create a party lower than or equal to the team size of the playlist it will never split you even if you stay in with the same group of players (your party and the enemites) for the next game?

Please verify. This is all I'm worried about atm cause I usually run with a full party and only play other kids.

All CoD's I've played have had party issues in the beginning, especially connecting to a party. They got ironed out in a patch later but in the beginning they were all rough. MW and on.

Defect

So I just played Flood for the heck of it and I'm seeing human enemies as a human and I get betrayals for killing them. Wut

malfcn

Anyone care to update me on these puzzle patterns from the Waypoint classified tags and homepage banner images? *I looked through the last 5-10 pages but nothing there, also looked through Waypoint but things are busy as you can imagine.

YHJeV.jpg

I don't meet the requirements?

I don't meet the requirements?

First I had the message "User Invalid", then when I tried again I got your message that I don't meet the requirements.

I'll post this in waypoint and maybe someone who unlocked all the terminals or other puzzle codes can access this...

broony

Finished the game on heroic but I've gone back and done certain bits back on normal and it seems more fun. Heroic seems to plod through in places, certain enemies feel like bullet sponges and often I don't have enough bullets. Normal lets me blast about like a madman and it feels more fun.

Don't know what I think of campaign. Think it will take a legendary co-op replay to help make my mind up.

Shadders

YHJeV.jpg

I'm not up on the alphabet either, but I chucked that into Waypoint and it unlocked some shoulder pieces for Halo 4 and 500XP - Thanks!

The honeymoon period for this is pretty great, but that could be because I'm stomping every game. Mantis doesn't seem too overpowered, surprisingly. Promethean Vision, though... Jesus Christ.

You can't turn off JIP.

I would strongly recommend that everyone who has issues with that (which is totally fair) to pretty much get ready to completely ignore your W/L ratio. It's utterly meaningless and no one looks at it in CoD for the same reason (JIP). This has the unfortunate side effect of making people prioritize K/D though.

I just have an issue with being split from friends and dealing with dumbshits. At some point kill/death doesn't enter my mind it's just a terrible experience.

The honeymoon period for this is pretty great, but that could be because I'm stomping every game. Mantis doesn't seem too overpowered, surprisingly. Promethean Vision, though... Jesus Christ.

P. Vision makes strategic play futile like crouching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom