• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy

I don't know if this is the right place to do this but does anyone have a Deadeye Helmet code they're willing to trade for the Oceanic Armor Skin and the Bulletproof Emblem? I could throw in a 2 week Xbox Live Gold trial too.

You should be able to hit start and find them in the File Browser (next to the Network option) and save them with the Y button menu. If not there, then you can go into the theater, hit Select Film, click the right stick, select Recent Films, hit Y, and save them.

That is a mouthful.

Thanks, pumpkin.

lilty

Gah, so I guess I have to beat the 2nd half of the game again for the helmet. Does it have to be solo or can I just rip through it quickly with friends?

Ken

So uh...on the third mission I think.

The Ghost run...I can't boost? On any of these Ghosts.

Oh nevermind, these are special Ghosts that don't deplete the boost bar. :I

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The intro is fantastic o_o

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This happens with every major multiplayer game. Should have guessed there'd be issues. Least I can get into a game here. Just wish my stuff would show...

Fuchsdh

2557, and we still have static in voice comms.

Star Trek did the same thing. Radio static is just too essential a storytelling mechanic in popular culture.

I'm just not sure how you actually get viewers to understand it's from a radio without some sort of compressor. You don't have to be all static and noise, but you still have to crunch the voice or cut the high freqs.

Hell, come 2557 we'll probably still have static in our pop culture with crystal clear holographic wonder-TVs at the same time :p

Ramirez

lol Regicide is such a terrible game type.

I've gotten top kills 3 games in a row and finished 2nd every time to some guy who is negative. Brilliant game type design there...

Highlaw

Banned
Beat the campaign

(no actual location/events/story spoilers, just impressions)
unimpressed.

While the visuals are good (Super stellar art direction, but graphically you can see the sacrifices they had to make, specially on textures), the campaign has little replayability. I'll do one legendary run but that will be it, me thinks.

It's more of a spectacle than anything else. It's less of a fun mission-by-mission memorable sandbox gameplay thing , and more of a 1-time-orgasmic-cinematic-experience. There isn't a Silent Cartographer or Delta Halo level in here, imho

Going to get my feet wet in War games now, wish me luck

She didn't say that to me. Unless I missed it or you're just joking.

Yes,
she transfers the energy from your shields into the ghost's engine/core. That's why it malfunctions in the next cutscene and MC has to bail out

Finished the campaign, loved it. Just loved it all over. Would've changed some things, and haven't finished it on Legendary (there better be an extended ending), but it was everything I wanted and then some.

In a couple of weeks I'll probably post my thoughts in spoiler-y details.

Also, what the fuck was the deal with the low-fi audio in the cinematics? Particularly the music.

Shadders

Regarding the Legendary ending..

Is there no Legendary ending? I got the same ending on my Heroic playthrough as I did on my Legendary playthrough.

What's the point of Spartan Ops again?
I'm really not sure at the moment, all I could think while playing through it is "Ghaleon's not gonna be happy about this."

Was any explanation given on why you cannot choose your inputs for the buttons? I hate all of the layouts for different reasons.
I think the actual reasoning was something like they couldn't test all the combinations for button glitches or something.

Regarding the Legendary ending..

Is there no Legendary ending? I got the same ending on my Heroic playthrough as I did on my Legendary playthrough.
I heard the ending cuts off when MC takes his helmet off, but when I played through Legendary you get a glimpse of his eyes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
2san just confirmed the Waypoint/MM Fix works for him:
Yes yes, this fixes everything! You are a hero! Also switched back to UK to get English everything works for now. I'm off to bed now though.

Let me say it again:

Plywood:
Possible MM FIX:

Download latest Waypoint via H4 Menu, launch it, exit out, play H4. Should load up your records just fine.

Ramirez

You might want to re-read the Regicide rules....:p

I understand the gametype, that doesn't make it any less terrible. So because I get a +35 bounty, some scrub who has done nothing all game can come and kill me in a crowd and instantly be back in the game? It's stupid.

Was any explanation given on why you cannot choose your inputs for the buttons? I hate all of the layouts for different reasons.

In order to prevent button glitches which could have occured if untested schemes were being used and since if that were to happen they never would have went ahead and fixed/patched the game, the alternative was to just test a limited set of schemes that fit the majority of users.

Even though other games have the option. Halo couldn't.

Also pretty sure Regicide will be the first gametype removed/changed back to real FFA rules. Its just bad. Lets hope MM choices aren't a joke this time around.

Kibbles

I'm really not sure at the moment, all I could think while playing through it is "Ghaleon's not gonna be happy about this."

I think the actual reasoning was something like they couldn't test all the combinations for button glitches or something.

I heard the ending cuts off when MC takes his helmet off, but when I played through Legendary you get a glimpse of his eyes.

I beat the game on Legendary and got the Mark IV, didn't see that. It was still blacked out. I think that was just edited by whoever uploaded the ending a while back when it leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom