• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Just had a CTF game where it started 5 on 4 and never gave us a 5th teammate in the entire 15 minutes. C'mon 343. Even having the possibility of a game starting when the match isn't full is just asinine. Being a man down during the open rush even just for a minute because the matchmaking system decided "well, guess this is good enough!" with JIP as a justification is pretty awful.

Just happened again in a ball game. Sigh.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys and your silly online purchasing, no way I could wait for a game I wanted this bad. :p

I fucked up. I waited too long to reserve the LE because I thought I could get one. Senador bailed me out with an Amazon pre order. So it sucks but I blame myself.

OverHeat

« generous god »
513D4C3E-0FB0-46E5-8870-AF7462363B41-4710-000002AD2FABEBC9.jpg
GF got this for me today... But I Have to wait to get home to play it. Only 7 sleep left :s

MrDaravon

Any problems with balance in Big Team Infinity Slayer?

Hard to say at this point, but almost every single time I have played on Ragnarok in BTB (which is the map you are going to get about 75% of the time) it has been one team getting the momentum, and completely donging on the other team at their base until the end of the game. While spawn killing a team at their base on Valhalla is nothing new, them killing you is getting them ordinance drops as well. Usually what winds up happening is one team will lose their Banshee and Mantis, then the other team sets up their Mantis on the hill, Banshee at their base, and everyone just surrounds and pummels it with snipers, lasers, etc. that they're earning. I've been on both sides of it, and it's kind of stupid actually. The team donging on you getting the extra bonus of earning more ordinance drops while doing so is something that had not occurred to me until it happened. It's really hard to say how this'll pan out long-term though, stuff like this could shake out very quickly.

I've had something similar happen on Exile once or twice, but nothing unusual. Right now though everyone just votes for Ragnarok, so I see that most of the time with Exile every now and then. I've seen Meltdown once, and if any other maps are in BTB I literally have no idea what they are.

Finished campaign earlier today. Brief campaign thoughts:
It's way better than 2-Reach's campaign by far in my opinion. I'm undecided on where to place it in relation to CE, though. Could be just as good, but I won't know until I've replayed it some more. That's where CE shined so much. Replay ability was through the roof.
Finally getting in some games of IS. Already feels so much better than Reach AND 3 for me. Too early to really have a solid opinion though, but I'm enjoying it. Back to games.

Gray Man

Banned
I haven't played it, but you know there is. No way you can have 16 people calling in ordnance and it not be a clusterf*ck.

Dominion/CTF is tons of fun though.

Does Dominion sort of play like Star Wars: Battlefront 2? That's my dream haha.

I wonder if they will be tweaking the Ordinance system, it would be nice if it had some sort of predictability, a meter to fill up, its just so hard to plan for.

Hard to say at this point, but almost every single time I have played on Ragnarok in BTB (which is the map you are going to get about 75% of the time) it has been one team getting the momentum, and completely donging on the other team at their base until the end of the game. While spawn killing a team at their base on Valhalla is nothing new, them killing you is getting them ordinance drops as well. Usually what winds up happening is one team will lose their Banshee and Mantis, then the other team sets up their Mantis on the hill, Banshee at their base, and everyone just surrounds and pummels it with snipers, lasers, etc. that they're earning. I've been on both sides of it, and it's kind of stupid actually. The team donging on you getting the extra bonus of earning more ordinance drops while doing so is something that had not occurred to me until it happened. It's really hard to say how this'll pan out long-term though, stuff like this could shake out very quickly.

I've had something similar happen on Exile once or twice, but nothing unusual. Right now though everyone just votes for Ragnarok, so I see that most of the time with Exile every now and then. I've seen Meltdown once, and if any other maps are in BTB I literally have no idea what they are.

Quite interesting, thanks I'm glad to hear it! I'm really interested how Meltdown is going to play out, looks pretty interesting.

kylej

Banned
PV being overpowered is the weirdest misconception I have ever seen. Even if you ignore the fact that PV targets are invariably indicated on the motion tracker (including approximate vertical location), thus meaning you are sacrificing a newability for a redundant power, the fact is that it only displays foes you cannot shoot. Think about the balance of that combo. The reason PV is cool for some players, is that they don't have the situational awareness of high level players or observant motion tracker users.

DeadNames

Banned
PV being overpowered is the weirdest misconception I have ever seen. Even if you ignore the fact that PV targets are invariably indicated on the motion tracker (including approximate vertical location), thus meaning you are sacrificing a newability for a redundant power, the fact is that it only displays foes you cannot shoot. Think about the balance of that combo. The reason PV is cool for some players, is that they don't have the situational awareness of high level players or observant motion tracker users.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

Wizman23

Banned
I can tell this game is good because even in games when my team is getting owned I am having fun. Have yet to play a game of CTF and Dominion where I didn't have a blast either. I actually enjoy getting the flag in CTF. Also on the big vehicle maps the Plasma Pistol is your best friend.

Frankie hacked kyle's account.

nillapuddin

so I cant tell whats going on here, all of our stats from today are.. gone?

ex:
I finished campaign just now, only says I got to level 6

TommyT

Really am liking thruster. Can be used mid air, and has saved my ass from death falling numerous times (by thrusting through a window)

MrDaravon

xp limited reached...

gets 6k points ...

-___-

Was the 6k for completing a Challenge? I haven't been able to find out if XP earned from completing a Challenge (and Commendation levels also give you XP I think?) is outside of the daily XP cap. It seems ridiculous that the daily cap is in place right now, and that once you hit it you can't even just grind for Challenges/Commendations for XP if you want, and that any of the XP you would get for those would be lost. So stupid -_-.

Promethean Vision is a mindboggling design decision.

How so?

Its gunna be cool eventually you'll have one player on a team using it and calling out, the rest should be using actual AA's that give a physical advantage.

Same as how teams had an advantage in Reach when they all used different AA's. Like having a jetpack sound made the other team look up was a distraction and helped the rest of your team kill easier. Little cross things like that.

MrDaravon

stop

caring

about

credits

play the game for the game.

So you're saying if you completed a monthly challenge for a big XP reward, and as a result of the cap didn't get any reward for it, that wouldn't suck? They have a shitload of bars and levels and XP for a reason. If you don't care that's fine, but let people care if they want, they know that's obviously a hook.

Defect

Done for the day. About to hit SR24.

Thruster/DMR/mobility/dexterity/magnum are all I need.

David, I was searching with a team of 4 in infinity slayer and we joined in progress and my friend was put on the other team. Please do something about this.

The game is great! I haven't had this much fun since Halo 3.

neoism

Was the 6k for completing a Challenge? I haven't been able to find out if XP earned from completing a Challenge (and Commendation levels also give you XP I think?) is outside of the daily XP cap. It seems ridiculous that the daily cap is in place right now, and that once you hit it you can't even just grind for Challenges/Commendations for XP if you want, and that any of the XP you would get for those would be lost. So stupid -_-.

just did good that game.. on meltdown good map.... got like 2899 from the dubxp... bar didn't move... lol I never once hit the limit in reach

fuck it though slept 3 hours in 2 days its stop time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom