• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop

caring

about

credits

play the game for the game.

Yea everyone knows ranking system is what matt....oh wait.

Yeah, it's not like there aren't meaningful weapon and ability unlocks earned by XP, thank God.

Yes I've heard Blizzard say 343 has shown XP caps work so well Diablo and WoW is not adding them in. The motivation to play is increased after you remove your progression system you've spent so much time implementing to get people to keep playing your game.

neoism

And its OVAH

iQc2PZrSgTRqZ.gif

Fuchsdh

I'm proud to see HaloGAF donated its salt to the political campaigns and news corporations for the election.

22908942.jpg

Halo 4 tomorrow! Yessssss

Just completed the campaign on normal. I really enjoyed it.

Not a fan of the Promethean enemies though. I understand they can't just stand there and take your bullets and have to move around and attempt to flee, ala Grunts, Elites, and Jackals, but jesus. Teleporting to random places far across the playing field? That's lame. Made battles so much more tedious.

Also, the final fight seemed a little lack luster as well.
I mean, you're supposed to care so much about it, but they literally show him...twice. In his introductory cutscene, and then his final one. Otherwise, dude's a giant glowing ball. I don't know when I'll get around to doing it on legendary, so I youtube'd the ending. Finally get to see a little bit of John, that's cool. So was that alluding that everyone on earth died, or just the area where the Didact's beam was hitting?

Overall, fun campaign. I'd give it an 8/10. Only played a few games of multiplayer so far, haven't tried Spartan Ops yet. It's nearly 11 here and I get up around 530 every morning, so looks like I'll head to bed and have to try everything out tomorrow. Hopefully I see some of you fellas on!

MinkTANK

Banned
Does the aiming feel a little funky to anyone else ?

Enjoying the game so far, but there's just something that feels a little off :/

CyReN

Does the aiming feel a little funky to anyone else ?

Enjoying the game so far, but there's just something that feels a little off :/

It's aim acceleration most likely, weirdly the issue hasn't been brought up by anyone in the last 6 months or in the history of Halo on the Xbox 360 yet.

MinkTANK

Banned
It's aim acceleration most likely, weirdly the issue hasn't been brought up by anyone in the last 6 months or in the history of Halo on the Xbox 360 yet.
If aim acceleration is the culprit, it's not at the setting we've all grown to.. get used to.

It's just feels awkward, it's not a big thing, it doesn't impact gameplay to a degree if annoyance, it's just odd-feeling.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Obama doesn't even need Ohio anymore. It's over.

Tick tock, Mitt.

My point is "they" (politicians) never give up until its "really" over. Gore held on for quite a bit, but he was also projected to win at first. (Not to mention all the other issues).

And to be honest I wouldn't expect him to concede until later/tomorrow or the next day anyway.

My point is "they" (politicians) never give up until its "really" over. Gore held on for quite a bit, but he was also projected to win at first. (Not to mention all the other issues).

And to be honest I wouldn't expect him to concede until later/tomorrow or the next day anyway.

Except Mitt Romney was never projected to win tonight, or at any point. At best it was a "dead heat" in the media prior to today.

It is "really" over. Right now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Except Mitt Romney was never projected to win tonight, or at any point. At best it was a "dead heat" in the media prior to today.

It is "really" over. Right now.

Yeah, that's true, but only part of what I'm talking about. Him not conceding yet isn't really indicative of his character (not that a like him) its just how this shit goes. Especially when they are at that high of a level. Why concede if you don't "have to yet." I sure a hell wouldn't! Make that shit count!

Yeah, that's true, but only part of what I'm talking about. Him not conceding yet isn't really indicative of his character (not that a like him) its just how this shit goes. Especially when they are at that high of a level. Why concede if you don't "have to yet." I sure a hell wouldn't! Make that shit count!
I disagree; it clearly is. If you look at his demeanor and his comments behind closed doors (47% comment), this is another sign. It's really not all that surprising.

Edit:
Well, if you take it as a whole, then yeah, but by itself I wouldn't take it that way.
It's what I originally meant.

Also: It appears Romney only wrote a victory speech. lulz

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Didn't know this was the election OT.

My main complaints with Halo 4. Complex as a map and terrible team mate waypoints. Was there a need to take out the waypoint X when somebody dies, and why is telling if a team mate is getting shot at/shooting so difficult. What happened to yellow meaning team mate is shooting and red meaning team mate is getting shot at.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Didn't know this was the election OT.

My main complaints with Halo 4. Complex as a map and terrible team mate waypoints. Was there a need to take out the waypoint X when somebody dies, and why is telling if a team mate is getting shot at/shooting so difficult. What happened to yellow meaning team mate is shooting and red meaning team mate is getting shot at.

Amazon didn't deliver my copy of Halo 4, so I voted for hope and change.

Now we celebrate.

(Also it's a community thread, so yeah, community discussions happen)

I cannot believe this.

Tell us more....

;)

It's what I originally meant.

Also: It appears Romney only wrote a victory speech. lulz

Yeah, I probably should have got that. And yeah, they said that earlier today about the "only wrote a victory speech."

What a turd.

Seriously, can we stop talking about politics? Love all the ass hats gloating about who won and congratulating america like you speak for everyone. I'm not sure I even knew who I really wanted to win, but no need to be tools about it to either side. get.over.yourselves.play.halo.instead.

Ken

Oh cool this MLG guy is doing nothing but crouching with camo and scattergun and waiting for people to walk past him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom