• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

4 to 5mil
Problem is with the NPD locking down sales info, thanks to a console manufacturer, it might be a long time before we hear anything. These days we only hear about shipped data, not sold.

Suprise me Microsoft, issue a PR release giving the info.

JackHerer

I do not like the new flinch mechanic. Getting knocked out of scope was a better mechanic imo. Also, Boltshot will need to be toned down. Spawning with a 1sk weapon is going to get really annoying once people catch on to it and everyone is wielding these mini-shotguns at all times. I think it would work better if it was more like the mauler. It should require a beat down after the charged shot in order to kill.

Problem is with the NPD locking down sales info, thanks to a console manufacturer, it might be a long time before we hear anything. These days we only hear about shipped data, not sold.

Suprise me Microsoft, issue a PR release giving the info.
We did get NPD numbers for Halo: Reach, so here's hoping. We could even see a PR release on how much money was made in the first 24 hours ala 2, 3, and Reach.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So, uh, is thruster useless or what?

At first when I played with it I felt the same way. However, after giving it more though I think that it just has some very specific uses and will prove to be very annoying for those going against someone who uses it well.

TheOddOne

We did get NPD numbers for Halo: Reach, so here's hoping. We could even see a PR release on how much money was made in the first 24 hours ala 2, 3, and Reach.
Reach was pretty much before the total lockout, we still got some tidbits once and while, but yeah there is huge chance they might release a gloating PR.

Ken

So, uh, is thruster useless or what?

Think about it as a Gears of War roll/Reach leap. I've been having some success using it to get away from grenades and make it into cover. It's kind of lame as an offensive tool because of how long the recovery time is.

Omni

Who put Star Wars in my Halo campaign?

Seriously. Game took itself a little too seriously, IMO. (things could've been a little more laid back instead of constant objectives and srs bsns).

Plus I honestly can't see myself fighting Prometheans for an entire trilogy. Not that fun

WITHOUT SPOILERS, how does everyone feel about the Prometheans? A good enemy? Boring? Fun?
I just think they don't differentiate as much. I don't like the reactions of the knight, but they do feel like surrogates for existing enemy types. Crawlers are like a pseudo-skirmisher, watchers are a lighter engineer, and knights are the new elite but they take more hits after knocking down their shields and they like to warp away. I just think that if they had more prominence in the encounters I'd probably like the game less as a whole, so I dunno. Covenant are still fun.

Omni

WITHOUT SPOILERS, how does everyone feel about the Prometheans? A good enemy? Boring? Fun?

At first, they're a nice challenge. Later on though, it just becomes a little tedious tbh. The Knights or whatever just aren't fun to fight at all... I mean, sure, you can headshot them... It's just not satisfying at all (plus I don't know what it is, but it seems to be random as to whether or not you get the headshot).

Plus on the Legendary they're bullet sponges. Doesn't help that you can't tell when their shields are down and they tend to teleport out of the way of your limited ammunition, leaving you to run around with a boltshot or whatever it's called.

Grenades are useless too. I don't even know what the Promethean grenade is supposed to do against them.

TommyT

At first, they're a nice challenge. Later on though, it just becomes a little tedious tbh. The Knights or whatever just aren't fun to fight at all... I mean, sure, you can headshot them... It's just not satisfying at all (plus I don't know what it is, but it seems to be random as to whether or not you get the headshot).

Plus on the Legendary they're bullet sponges. Doesn't help that you can't tell when their shields are down and they tend to teleport out of the way of your limited ammunition, leaving you to run around with a boltshot or whatever it's called.

Grenades are useless too. I don't even know what the Promethean grenade is supposed to do against them.

I think they do what they do in multiplayer: Initial area that is around the grenade drops shielsd.

So uh, what exactly is the draw-back of the BR? Cause it sure seems like dudes have no problem cross-mapping me with the damn thing. If it has equal range to the DMR, why would anybody go DMR?

So uh, what exactly is the draw-back of the BR? Cause it sure seems like dudes have no problem cross-mapping me with the damn thing. If it has equal range to the DMR, why would anybody go DMR?
'Cause the DMR has a 3x scope and can hold aim-assist for longer ranges. Playing some Ragnarok matches made me switch over to DMR.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just think they don't differentiate as much. I don't like the reactions of the knight, but they do feel like surrogates for existing enemy types. Crawlers are like a pseudo-skirmisher, watchers are a lighter engineer, and knights are the new elite but they take more hits after knocking down their shields and they like to warp away. I just think that if they had more prominence in the encounters I'd probably like the game less as a whole, so I dunno. Covenant are still fun.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm only half way through the campaign, but so far I find the Promethean's pretty underwhelming. Campaign is still a blast, though.

daedalius

Prometheans on Legendary are awesome to fight against. Can't just fall back on PP/Precision like with elites... and pretty much what I did all through Reach. Its a nice change.

Also, I've had quite a bit of success with thruster pack so far I'd like to think.

The only real problem I have with the Prometheans is that I don't feel like they did what 343i initially promised. I can't recall the exact details, but I remember 343i talking about how different Prometheans would react to each other and make themselves stronger. Yes, the watchers do that to an extent. But there's nothing that Crawlers do to make Knights more challenging, or vice versa. I'd love to see more Prometheans classes introduced that expand upon what the watchers do.

Edit: Ugh, I feel like I explained that poorly. Maybe I'll try again after some sleep lol

K, two things are really pissing me off with this game.

1) I am getting a TON of assists when I feel like I should be getting kills. Shields are popped, I'm shooting and shooting, guy goes down in one shot for a buddy. My number one medal is headcase, so I know I know how to aim the damn weapons.

2) Do grenade tosses feel downright impotent to anyone else? They ALWAYS feel like they're landing 10 feet short for me on a standard throw.

Gray Man

Banned
Prometheans on Legendary are awesome to fight against. Can't just fall back on PP/Precision like with elites... and pretty much what I did all through Reach. Its a nice change.

Also, I've had quite a bit of success with thruster pack so far I'd like to think.

How about Hardlight Shield?

Karl2177

Alright, so here is Karl's quick campaign comparison. Details removed(because I'm lazy).

Gameplay:
3>CE=4>ODST=2>Reach

Story:
2>CE=ODST=4>3=Reach

Halo 4's story was good, but I can't help that it feels more like fiction rather than science fiction.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I hope the UI gets patched, not a fan of having two giant buttons for MM and my roster hiding behind a button because of those two buttons.

K, two things are really pissing me off with this game.

1) I am getting a TON of assists when I feel like I should be getting kills. Shields are popped, I'm shooting and shooting, guy goes down in one shot for a buddy. My number one medal is headcase, so I know I know how to aim the damn weapons.

2) Do grenade tosses feel downright impotent to anyone else? They ALWAYS feel like they're landing 10 feet short for me on a standard throw.

10 feet short. Look on kill cam when you die. Nade is like 5 feet off, still takes off shield. Throw one yourself, lands right by them, still have to plug in several shots.

I hope the UI gets patched, not a fan of having two giant buttons for MM and my roster hiding behind a button because of those two buttons.

I'm not a fan of having how many people are in their party 2 menus deep.

Okay there need to be more power weapons dropped outside of the bases on Adrift.
I just played a team in Adrif CTF that capped it once and then just camped in their base for the rest of the game.
There is nothing we could do to break their setup and no reason for them to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom