• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

TS Pro so much better than Infinity Slayer. No running into a guy and getting a surprise scattergun in the face or dueling someone only to have them poop out a regen field.

I think I've killed a dude with a grenade once... by accident. I just can't get my head around them. They seem to destroy me with ease, yet mine feel like fire-crackers. :(

Havok

This is the first Halo campaign where I really struggled with ammo.
It seems that way for a while, but there are ammo boxes in almost literally every room and combat space if you go a bit off the beaten path and start recognizing their profiles at a glance. That they're not more obvious is a little strange, given the way you really do just burn through ammo in that game.

Already annoyed by various power up/ordinance bullshit. Going to play slayer pro next time I'm on and see how that is. Also some weapons are so bad kid proof, easy as pie to use.

This is the first Halo campaign where I really struggled with ammo.
I had some ammo issues at the second and fourth mission.

The campaign is pretty good but it does some questionable things. Last mission spoiler:
The whole intro beginning was fun but I can imagine it will be annoying as hell and as an huge impact of the replayability. It should have been an extra mission...

Overall the campaign was a lot of more fun than Halo: Reach and 2. I'd put it on even ground with 3's campaign. One thing I missed and this was definitely a missed opportunity for 343i is
an exploration level like Halo. The Chief is on a gigantic shield world. The whole setting screams for an exploration level. But at the end we got more of those kinda Halo 3 types/Assault of the Control room levels.(Not a bad thing still and the Mammoth level was pretty new and kinda fresh :)) I love the second area's opening, just because of the exploration. Finding Halsey's journal entry was nice etc. I wish the game had parts more like this.

Ken

Already annoyed by various power up/ordinance bullshit. Going to play slayer pro next time I'm on and see how that is. Also some weapons are so bad kid proof, easy as pie to use.

I'd play with you but right now all I'm doing is running around trying to get as many assassinations as I can.

That's how it works. You play enemies at your skill level, you get better, play better opponents.

No, what's happening is that my kills are being turned into assists. My last few games have been something 11 - 20 - 13 or some shit. It's ridiculous. I'm very tired of my teammates having more effective weaponry and grenades than me.

PNut

Banned
The Campaign is awesome.

I'm already tired of Haven, Adrift and Solace in MP. Looking forward to good 4v4 Forge maps.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
They keep pushing to use The Storm Rifle in campaign. No, I don't want it. It is garbage.

Give me more BR and DMR, kthxbye.

The campaign made me feel like fucking Macgyver. I used anything and everything to kill those bastards. I would have thrown the guns at them too if I could.

Omni

The second level is the most eye pleasing environment I've seen in a console game. The aesthetics are amazing. I love how the environments in this game vary so much in each mission.

And people are seriously complaining about the graphics.

Also, just found
a Covenant terminal thingy.
Wonder if there are more...

fawaz

Banned
Pro tip: use carbine in BTB. stealing kills like a motherfucker.

Additional thoughts: while the maps are in no way bad, I am really gonna miss 4v4 arena type maps.( speaking off, any word on the pit forge remake? If so I am down for some customs GT: Z MEN xx.)

Less than 24 hours is a pretty sad threshold for this..

(and not a reflection on the game)

*shrugs*

What can I say?

I'm done going up against teams of people 10 levels higher than me.

I'm tired of shooting dudes with popped shields through a red reticule an insane amount of times only for my teammates to clean-up the kill on a single-shot to the guy's ass.

It's not fun. I'll try again tomorrow.

But suffice to say, first impressions are that this game is a HUGE let-down over Bungie's efforts multiplayer-wise. Bungie seemed to have some sense of craft to the balance of their gameplay, whereas these guys have seemingly tried to throw in as much shit as possible to cover the fact that they can't recapture the magic.

Riptwo

Are any of the preorder skins unlockable in the game itself? The amazon.com skin looks great, but going through eBay for a code seems like a bad time.

Camo doesn't show up on radar anymore? That's some brilliant shit right there.

There are many, many profoundly stupid decisions in the design of this game.

BTW: Is there a way to filter game searches so you don't join in progress, but only join games that are starting from the beginning? Or is that one of those basic, sensible design ideas they decided to forgo in their quest to cram as much CoD-inspired crap into Halo?

Enfinit

Day 1 complete. Managed to finish the campaign co-op on normal, complete Episode 1 of SpOps on legendary, and reach SR-20. In one day.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Now the Suppressor...I'm having a heck of a time finding a use for it. Seems like a weaker version of the Storm Rifle.
Really? I've heard quite a few people say they dislike the Suppressor. Outside of the campaign, the thing's worthless. However, I loved using it during the campaign. They're plentiful, ammo's never an issue, it takes care of Crawlers quickly and drains Knights' shields decently. It's not too bad.

Plus it sounds AWESOME.

JimiNutz

Banned
Now the Suppressor...I'm having a heck of a time finding a use for it. Seems like a weaker version of the Storm Rifle.

The Suppressor sucks sooooo bad.
There was part near the very end of the game where all I had was a shitty Suppressor (had run out of ammo for my second weapon) and I had to fight wave after wave of those crawlers. The crawlers are east with any sort of weapon that you can fire accurately fire but with the Suppressor it just sprays everywhere! Weak as ahit.

daedalius

*shrugs*

What can I say?

I'm done going up against teams of people 10 levels higher than me.

I'm tired of shooting dudes with popped shields through a red reticule an insane amount of times only for my teammates to clean-up the kill on a single-shot to the guy's ass.

It's not fun. I'll try again tomorrow.

But suffice to say, first impressions are that this game is a HUGE let-down over Bungie's efforts multiplayer-wise. Bungie seemed to have some sense of craft to the balance of their gameplay, whereas these guys have seemingly tried to throw in as much shit as possible to cover the fact that they can't recapture the magic.

This makes no sense to me.

And bolded part is just insulting.

Fucking Reach was magic? What a joke.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just checked the tracking. Apparently my game is in Maspeth, NY. Which if Google Maps is accurate, is about 1 hour away from me. Hoping to get the game early afternoon.

It seems camo doesn't have the radar blips if the player is standing still.
Mighty annoying after you "clear" out a dominion base and start capturing it, only to find there is an active camo camper waiting for you to be helpless.

GhaleonEB

really? I love it

best gun for protein knights by far in my opinion, strips their shield faster than anything else, then pop a headshot

Must be using it wrong somehow. Unless I'm point blank, even feathering the trigger slowly makes the shots go so wide it can take a full clip to take a couple Crawlers out. Knights take FOREVER with it, the AR does a much better job.

I'm partial to Prom Knight.
Also not bad.

I'm guessing just over half way through Campaign.

Not sure how I feel about it. Heroic is far less challenging than I was lead to believe for one thing. The non-melee Knights just feel like damage sponges, the fights with them have been very disappointing. It's odd, because the Elites seem to go down too easily. It's almost as if they wanted to make the Knights seem "tough" by changing the tiers of strength among the different races.
The crawlers are currently my favourite of the Promethean enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom