• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

Yeah, multiflag on asymmetric maps is really bad. Blue flag on Complex sits in a killing field where anyone approaching will get melted in a heartbeat if the defenders are paying any attention, and there's no viable cover-heavy route to get out of there even if you do manage to grab it.

But you have the flagnum to defend yourself with!

So, been playing the multiplayer and its really really fun. People that say thrusters are worthless need to use it more; it's really useful. Grenades need more radius, forerunner grenades are also more useful than people are making them out to be.

My biggest concern right now is something that can't be changed; the lack of being able to freely run around due to everyone having long range weapons upon start. I know most people here have always wanted br/dmr starts, but I think it can really screw with map design, like Ghaleon has mentioned before. It's not horrible, it just feels less like a halo sandbox to me. All of the short range/mid range weapons have now been turned into power weapons, simply because they have to be. If they weren't, there would be no reason to use them because the br's/dmr's would trump them every time. Not a fan of this, it really disrupts the balance of weapons that halo 2/3 had, in my opinion.

MrDaravon

Finished the Campaign, I posted in the spoilers thread since people want to keep it out of here, I'm just going to say that overall I'm fairly disappointed and leave it at that. Spartan Ops and Campaign co-op netcode also still sucks ass, so Ops is almost a complete bust for me. Going in I expected the Campaign at least to be excellent, Ops would be great assuming the netcode was improved, and multiplayer was my toss-up. Now outside of going back to get the Achievements because I'm a whore I doubt I'll ever touch Campaign again, and Spartan Ops is a total bust because the it's laggy as shit whenever I try to play with most of my friends. After finishing up the current Ops stuff solo, I'm definitely going to check out some multiplayer, I haven't played nearly enough of that to call it either way yet. At the end of the day that's still the most important component for me in terms of if this is going to be my go-to game going forward, but the Campaign stuff has just completely bummed me out.

I do want to call out whoever the fuck was going on pre-release about how reviewers had to have rushed through the game on normal bypassing encounters and terminals to finish it in under 9 hours and that they obviously "didn't care" about Halo. I did it on normal in 6 hours (wanted to get through the story so I could do Ops with friends), was exploring and found the majority of the terminals, and without going into detail let's just say I don't see how much time could be saved by bypassing encounters.

Noricart

Finished the campaign on legendary. Was sort of disappointing in the encounter design. Lots of times where you are given crappy weapons not suitable for the ranges you are given. Prometheans are interesting; tough to read, but they take to much damage. Escpically frustrating as at one point where you have to go through a short gauntlet of the damn things.
And a thing about MP: How the hell do my teammates steal my ordnance so fast, and why does it never land close to me? Definitely can't play MP alone. Having some fun with forge though. Wish there were clear instructions on getting dominion working in forge.

Redford

aka Cabbie
So far every complaint I have is something extraneous to the actual game/gameplay.

- need to condense/add playlists
- get rid of instant respawn
- fix join in progress to the way people have suggested

I'll never like the scoreboard or global ordnance, which are both unlikely to change.

Otherwise this game is a diamond in the rough, in a month hopefully it will be shined up a bit.

I am pleased to say, the carbine is pretty good.

I'm gonna make it my primary.

Same. Firing as if it has Reach bloom helps a little to conserve shots and make sure they hit. Can usually finish a kill with half a clip.

I'm really happy they brought it back, very unique style of gun.

Havok

So far every complaint I have is something extraneous to the actual game/gameplay.
Pretty much in the same boat. The mechanics are great, but the overlying structure sometimes isn't. A lot of my enjoyment of the game will eventually come down to, as always, their playlist management abilities (as well as some much-needed feature patches, either user-level or on the backend). Right now there's some serious work that needs to be done on that front.

killthekampers

Neo Member
If anyone wants to play send me a F/R: iEat Th0s3 I'm usually on from around 4:00-6:00pm EST everyday since the military keeps me pretty busy and thats really the only time I get to play!

Fox Mulder

Finished the Campaign, I posted in the spoilers thread since people want to keep it out of here, I'm just going to say that overall I'm fairly disappointed and leave it at that. Spartan Ops and Campaign co-op netcode also still sucks ass, so Ops is almost a complete bust for me. Going in I expected the Campaign at least to be excellent, Ops would be great assuming the netcode was improved, and multiplayer was my toss-up. Now outside of going back to get the Achievements because I'm a whore I doubt I'll ever touch Campaign again, and Spartan Ops is a total bust because the it's laggy as shit whenever I try to play with most of my friends. After finishing up the current Ops stuff solo, I'm definitely going to check out some multiplayer, I haven't played nearly enough of that to call it either way yet. At the end of the day that's still the most important component for me in terms of if this is going to be my go-to game going forward, but the Campaign stuff has just completely bummed me out.

I do want to call out whoever the fuck was going on pre-release about how reviewers had to have rushed through the game on normal bypassing encounters and terminals to finish it in under 9 hours and that they obviously "didn't care" about Halo. I did it on normal in 6 hours (wanted to get through the story so I could do Ops with friends), was exploring and found the majority of the terminals, and without going into detail let's just say I don't see how much time could be saved by bypassing encounters.

I agree about the length of the campaign.

Me and a coop buddy flew through all but two levels fast as hell last night.

Had some real trouble last night with black-screens, it was happening about 5 times a match in BTB. Annoyed us enough that we all just stopped playing. What gives?

On the bright side, when I can actually play the game I friggin love it

Tunavi

Banned
82t1p.jpg

Happy Birthday Heckfu

yJsnC.jpg

Rev3rb, Me, Alison, Squidhands.

Had some real trouble last night with black-screens, it was happening about 5 times a match in BTB. Annoyed us enough that we all just stopped playing. What gives?

On the bright side, when I can actually play the game I friggin love it

Same happened to me last night in BTB. In more than one game, actually.

90% of the time things work great, but 10% of the time I would have a game of rolling blackouts.

Woorloog

Banned
Carbine good in bigger maps? Because the BR, while feeling great, doesn't quite work in bigger maps... that recoil, as small as it is, is unnecessary with spread. Or spread is unnecessary with recoil.
In smaller maps, it works well but even then the DMR looks like it is better (and i don't want to use it, i don't like it)... Don't see much Carbine use in those either though.

The game is so fast grenades are hard to use effectively. Not a bad thing, they're still useful for flush out enemies, which is their main purpose as far as i'm concerned.

Any impressions about the Lightrifle in multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom