• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Also, whats up with the commendations?

For example, my stats say I have 619 kills with the DMR and my commendation progress for "DMR-Distinguish. Kill enemy spartans with the DMR" is a t 220. I have 44 kills with the SAW and my commendation bar says 6. I also see that a lot of other commendation numbers are way off.
There's different levels of a commendation. So the first could be 100 kills, then 200 kills (So in total 300), etc.

Be happy it does, the mantis is freaking overpowered I just went +44 with it.
lol wut. Yeah. If the opposite team consists full of noobs or Tashi who can't take you out because he only has the railgun...

I just noticed the achievement "Hanging on the Combat Deck" is still called "The Dongblainer" in your Waypoint stats, lol.

That said, I've played way too much over the past 24 hours, feel like I'm on a Halo hangover.
It were some funny matches, we had played.

m23

Have one preordered, along with the limited edition guide. Should be arriving soon, but I got a glimpse of the guide when I was picking up the game....the hardcover looks just awesome. Of course I can't open either until I beat the campaign.

I'm still at work but if anyone needs more people to play Halo 4 with my GT is "Munish Thiara." Don't really know how much play time I'll get as I'm working mostly and still doing campaign.

BigShow36

There's different levels of a commendation. So the first could be 100 kills, then 200 kills (So in total 300), etc.

That makes sense. On waypoint it's presented a little differently than it is in game; in game it actually shows what level commendation you're on (3/7, etc.).

Redford

aka Cabbie
As fun as the pace and mechanics are, feels like Competitiveness on even a basic level took a hit. I hardly ever see the scoreboard in game, and it makes calculating kills gotten/needed for the win difficult, which is only compounded by the fact I use a CRT for gaming and its almost impossible to read the font.

I'm trying to Break the habit I've already developed of mashing x to spawn. I also notice in btb the scoreboard doesn't show up automatically, which is a problem.

Basically I often don't know if I'm winning or losing and Steitzers "enemy neeearing victory" doesn't tell me shit, only lets me know we pretty much lost bad doesn't motivate me to pick it up. And like bigshow said the ui after game is hard to keep up with, so shit will be happening while I'm trying to look at the post game carnage for a few seconds.

Overall it's just really difficult to care about the win because of this, plus JIP. I guess this was the intent, unfortunately.

Unless you want Specialization unlocks, don't have anything.
Well, female Recruit avatar armor too.

Just to make it clear, Deadeye and Locus helmets are just skins like all the other pre-order stuff, right?
No, I think Locus is the actual helmet while everything else is a skin.

Sai-kun

Banned
As fun as the pace and mechanics are, feels like Competitiveness on even a basic level took a hit. I hardly ever see the scoreboard in game, and it makes calculating kills gotten/needed for the win difficult, which is only compounded by the fact I use a CRT for gaming and its almost impossible to read the font.

I'm trying to Break the habit I've already developed of mashing x to spawn. I also notice in btb the scoreboard doesn't show up automatically, which is a problem.

Basically I often don't know if I'm winning or losing and Steitzers "enemy neeearing victory" doesn't tell me shit, only lets me know we pretty much lost bad doesn't motivate me to pick it up. And like bigshow said the ui after game is hard to keep up with, so hit will be happening while I'm trying to look at the post game carnage for a few seconds.

"enemy nearing victory" means they have 5 kills to win.

Also, I wish there were more than 2 daily challenges :(

How do I apply my double xp points from dewxp.com onto my actual gameplay?

I have 24 games on dewxp.com available, but its been that way since yesterday, and I've played a good 6-8 games. Not sure what else to do.

And I'm constantly going negative on multiplayer. It just seems like an incoherent mess so far. I'm just not getting a hang of it at all.

MrDaravon

Just got a black screen in Dominion that actually rolled the match all the way back to the beginning (albiet this was like 2 minutes in). What. Also for some reason it removed the A/B/C base waypoints completely from the HUD, which was fantastic because I had never done that map before and had no idea where anything was, so that was swell.

It seems weird about marking matches about DNF when you quit out after, on this last match it should have showed the DNF because I quit after but it doesn't, but on other games it does. It also is showing one or two of my games twice, once with the correct score/placement, then a second time with a DNF. I have no idea what's going on with their stat tracking right now.

I have 24 games on dewxp.com available, but its been that way since yesterday, and I've played a good 6-8 games. Not sure what else to do.

And I'm constantly going negative on multiplayer. It just seems like an incoherent mess so far. I'm just not getting a hang of it at all.

You have to apply the games to your XBL account on the website.

I'm going all over the place placement-wise in multiplayer. More and more it feels like they took a lot of things from CoD that I'm happy with, but don't mesh well with Halo, or at least not in the ways they balanced it. I'm literally flip-flopping between 26-0 and 3-13.

Oh, and I swear to god if I get Haven one more fucking time I will choke the life out of every person in my lobby.

Seriously. Until this game I'm about to enter, I have played on one other map. Jesus.

m23

Oh, and I swear to god if I get Haven one more fucking time I will choke the life out of every person in my lobby.

Seriously. Until this game I'm about to enter, I have played on one other map. Jesus.

Lol, get in a party, that way you usually get the maps you want.

Oozer3993

Sure. What time?

I can play pretty much any time today.

I think the DewXP site just shows how many total games of 2XP you've unlocked. It doesn't track how many you've used. At least it's not for me.

Lol, get in a party, that way you usually get the maps you want.

None of my friends want to play with me I guess. Have yet to get an invite and all mine are rejected. Oh well.

I can play pretty much any time today.

Same here. Any time.

I think the DewXP site just shows how many total games of 2XP you've unlocked. It doesn't track how many you've used. At least it's not for me.

That makes sense. I guess I was overlooking it before, but it explicitly says so on your after-action report thing. Thanks.

Pop

Yeah I noticed my stats are all messed up to and I didn't get Mark VI armor for beating solo legendary.

Also custom searching isn't working or people having made maps yet. :)

Redford

aka Cabbie
I was more optimistic about global ordnance than personal, but I like the latter far more (at least within the boundaries of its specific lists).

Small adjustments could make this already great game magnitudes better.

I was more optimistic about global ordnance than personal, but I like the latter far more (at least within the boundaries of its specific lists).

Small adjustments could make this already great game magnitudes better.

100% agree. The Global Ordnance is ridiculous IMO with how random and rare they feel.

Also, they seriously need to bring back those BIG RED DEATH X marks.. Why in the world would they take those out?? RIP "one shot on my X"

This game is amazing and I cannot wait for the CSR.

100% agree. The Global Ordnance is ridiculous IMO with how random and rare they feel.

Also, they seriously need to bring back those BIG RED DEATH X marks.. Why in the world would they take those out??

This game is amazing and I cannot wait for the CSR.

Completely agree.

Also, I switched to Slayer Pro and that is much more closer to me style. I'm doing a lot better now.

Fuchsdh

Question: What's the series of numbers on the magnetic flap on people's LEs? Mine is 605186. Anyone else's the same or different? Wondering if its actually sequentially numbered or it's just visual flair.

While the actual contents are thin (still a good deal for me), the LE is really nicely put together.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Joined in Progress into a Ragnarok CTF game where they had both Banshees, a Mantis and two Snipers in middle.

Can you say: forced anal.

Overdoziz

Banned
My Legendary solo campaign stats according to Waypoint:

7 hours, 8 minutes and 35 seconds of gameplay
1804 enemies killed
74 deaths

Pop

I have a Locus Helmet code if someone wants to trade something for it. I really would like the Oceanic helmet if someone got it but I'm all ears.

zap

Question: What's the series of numbers on the magnetic flap on people's LEs? Mine is 605186. Anyone else's the same or different? Wondering if its actually sequentially numbered or it's just visual flair.

While the actual contents are thin (still a good deal for me), the LE is really nicely put together.

Mine is 015791. I'm in NZ, so maybe the first lot went to us? I dunno.

BigShow36

As far as I can tell, in regular Infinity Slayer games the weapons spawn once and thats it. I have no clue if they respawn or not during the game. I don't get the waypoint above the weapons if they do.

Oozer3993

Do we have to account for bullet travel time or does the bullet register instantaneously

Instantaneously for BR, DMR, Light Rifle, and Sniper Rifle. Possibly more.

Merguson

Banned
Finished the Halo 4 campaign.

I need to check my stats but I think I finished the campaign in 7-8 hours. Except for the first mission and one of the later missions, the rest were a solid hour for me to finish.

Felt a lot like Halo 2 in terms of the campaign structure but I mean that in a good way. I liked the campaign, didn't experience any real frustrating moments unlike Halo 2 on the Normal difficulty. (I finished Halo 4 on the Heroic difficulty).

Considering how much of a role "QTEs" play in the game, I'm not sure why you would bother with them at all. Don't care for them.

The story was pretty solid minus some confusion on a couple of things.

Also, one really weird moment during the campaign.

Level 5 with the Mobile Base, the Mammoth. I see the weapon platform, target it, the Mammoth takes it out and suddenly I'm transported into the driver seat of a Warthog with no gunner, and a passenger.

I've only done the first two or three missions in Spartan Ops solo, and even though it's designed for co-op play, it's still pretty fun. I like it so far.

If anyone wants to play multiplayer later on, I'll be on.

In the meantime, I have the Pulse Armor and Locus Helmet DLC code up for grabs. Just reply or quote me. And no, you can't have both.

I need to check my stats but I think I finished the campaign in 7-8 hours. Except for the first mission and one of the later missions, the rest were a solid hour for me to finish.

Felt a lot like Halo 2 in terms of the campaign structure but I mean that in a good way. I liked the campaign, didn't experience any real frustrating moments unlike Halo 2 on the Normal difficulty. (I finished Halo 4 on the Heroic difficulty).

Considering how much of a role "QTEs" play in the game, I'm not sure why you would bother with them at all. Don't care for them.

Level 5 with the Mobile Base, the Mammoth. I see the weapon platform, target it, the Mammoth takes it out and suddenly I'm transported into the driver seat of a Warthog with no gunner, and a passenger.

I've only done the first two or three missions in Spartan Ops solo, and even though it's designed for co-op play, it's still pretty fun. I like it so far.

In the meantime, I have the Pulse Armor and Locus Helmet DLC codes up for grabs. Just reply or quote me. And no, you can't have both.

Want anything in return?

IHaveIce

Banned

In the meantime, I have the Pulse Armor and Locus Helmet DLC codes up for grabs. Just reply or quote me. And no, you can't have both.

wow locus helmet would be awesome

Thanks!
fullbody

Colors are way brighter than in game.

Locus would be awesome if it is still available.

Edit: Too late! Y'all enjoy!

LD2k

Neo Member

Can I haz Pulse armor? I like my Halo mandoll ;)

As far as I can tell, in regular Infinity Slayer games the weapons spawn once and thats it. I have no clue if they respawn or not during the game. I don't get the waypoint above the weapons if they do.

And speaking of those waypoints, any word on why they don't even show up a lot of the time? Ordnance Drop waypoints are glitchy as hell sometimes.. Personal Ordnance waypoints not only don't show up sometimes, but they stay there for like a minute after I've picked it up.

willow ve

Campaign deserves a 10/10. Gorgeous artwork everywhere. Solid gameplay with a few minor annoyances (typical of any shooter really). The story, cut scenes, and level design are all tops. Absolutely well done 343. This truly feels like a fun Halo experience.

Spartan Ops or Multiplayer next?

Oh, also, Mark VI armor looks great.

And wow, I have over 150 kills, so however many games of slayer that means, and I only have three wins. I keep getting stuck on terrible teams. Not even sure what to do to fix that.

Anyone up for legendary SpOps?

I would love the Locus helmet! :D Been looking all over for a way to get it. Not in my country, it seems.

Edit: Whoops guess I'm late. Oh well!

Nice to see someone being kind and just giving things away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom