• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

bGanci

Banned
Finished the campaign on legendary. Was sort of disappointing in the encounter design. Lots of times where you are given crappy weapons not suitable for the ranges you are given. Prometheans are interesting; tough to read, but they take to much damage. Escpically frustrating as at one point where you have to go through a short gauntlet of the damn things.
And a thing about MP: How the hell do my teammates steal my ordnance so fast, and why does it never land close to me? Definitely can't play MP alone. Having some fun with forge though. Wish there were clear instructions on getting dominion working in forge.
It drops where ever your looking. Look t the ground in front of you,

It drops where ever your looking. Look t the ground in front of you,

Not always, depending on space and what is around you and other seemingly unknown factors. Sometimes it lands behind me even when there should be enough room in front. I hate it when that happens.

Even when it lands in front of me, that doesnt stop some jackass who happens to be closer from stealing it. There should be a three second reserved-for-caller timer.

Project

I am on right now if anyone wants to play. Can't stand not having a little communication.
If interested just add me and lets rip.

The God Project

82t1p.jpg

Happy Birthday Heckfu

yJsnC.jpg

Rev3rb, Me, Alison, Squidhands.

Lol this is awesome.
Totally. You can't even see the pizza stuck in my teeth.

Carbine good in bigger maps? Because the BR, while feeling great, doesn't quite work in bigger maps... that recoil, as small as it is, is unnecessary with spread. Or spread is unnecessary with recoil.
In smaller maps, it works well but even then the DMR looks like it is better (and i don't want to use it, i don't like it)... Don't see much Carbine use in those either though.

The game is so fast grenades are hard to use effectively. Not a bad thing, they're still useful for flush out enemies, which is their main purpose as far as i'm concerned.

Any impressions about the Lightrifle in multiplayer?
BR wrecks on Complex, which is a big map. Go figure.

Project

Does anyone have any pre order DLC they would like to trade?
I am going to be getting 2 codes which have:
Locus Helmet
Gungnir Armour
Pulse Skin

I'm looking to get the Deadeye helmet. And maybe Raptor or Venator

Woorloog

Banned
Locus Helmet
Gungnir Armour
Pulse Skin

Unless you want Specialization unlocks, don't have anything.
Well, female Recruit avatar armor too.

Just to make it clear, Deadeye and Locus helmets are just skins like all the other pre-order stuff, right?

blamite

It'd be great if leaving a lobby after finishing a match, during voting for the next game didn't count as a DNF for that game... I have waaaaay more than I should because of that.

It'd be great if leaving a lobby after finishing a match, during voting for the next game didn't count as a DNF for that game... I have waaaaay more than I should because of that.

And this, along with many other glitches/annoying issues with the online MM is why we have a public beta lol.

Woorloog

Banned
Incineration Cannons take out a Mantis in a single hit, are you fucking kidding me?

The Inc Cannon is more powerful than the laser, laser requires two shots to kill a Mantis...
And that area of effect, so frigging large... That weapon needs a damage nerf (primary detonation), considering it releases the bomblets after primary detonation that add to the damage.
While at it, buff Suppressor.

Be happy it does, the mantis is freaking overpowered I just went +44 with it.

The Mantis needs to be nerfed as well. EDIT OTOH, the vehicles still use Reach health system (a mistake) and Plasma Pistol starts exist, don't nerf it.

MrDaravon

If they're going to make the Incineration Cannon THAT powerful, it should only get one or two shots -_-.

Holy shit, you're right. I have multiple DNF's in my history. Fucking unbelievable. Exactly at what point are you supposed to back out then?

malfcn

Locus Helmet
Gungnir Armour
Pulse Skin

I really want Locus, please? *face*
Can give you Deadeye perhaps?

zap

Regarding "Overtime" in CTF - we were down a player trying to hold off the other team who kept sneaking to our base and blowing up our mantis as it spawned. The other team grabbed the flag before the end and dropped it around the middle of the map, so overtime started (1 minute extra). They managed to pick it up and JUST got to their base when the game ended in a tie...

Sudden death needs to come back.

Woorloog

Banned
If they're going to make the Incineration Cannon THAT powerful, it should only get one or two shots -_-.

I took ammo perk. I start with total of 6 shots if i get the Cannon. Needles to say it is fun but ridiculous as well. The AOE effect being so large multikills are easy.

Ramirez

Incineration Cannons take out a Mantis in a single hit, are you fucking kidding me?

Don't get close enough to them that it's an easy shot?

I'm finding the Mantis to be not a problem at all, I can't even do much with it when I use it myself. It seems like more a nuisance in pushes than being like a Scorpion. The Gauss & Scorpion are 1000x more hard to bring down compared to the Mantis in my experience.

MrDaravon

Don't get close enough to them that it's an easy shot?

I'm finding the Mantis to be not a problem at all, I can't even do much with it when I use it myself. It seems like more a nuisance in pushes than being like a Scorpion. The Gauss & Scorpion are 1000x more hard to bring down compared to the Mantis in my experience.

The Mantis is mainly a problem when it's part of a big push combined with other heavy weapons or vehicles. I personally think the Scorpion is easier to take down than the Mantis though, just because of it's smaller size and it's a bit more mobile.

Also isn't there supposed to be a cutoff for putting you in matches that are about to end? I just got put in a match less than a minute before it ended.

TheOddOne

This is really strange, even matches I could not play because it got disconnected are up on Waypoint. What the hell is that all about?

Ramirez

I just noticed the achievement "Hanging on the Combat Deck" is still called "The Dongblainer" in your Waypoint stats, lol.

That said, I've played way too much over the past 24 hours, feel like I'm on a Halo hangover.

BigShow36

Also, whats up with the commendations?

For example, my stats say I have 619 kills with the DMR and my commendation progress for "DMR-Distinguish. Kill enemy spartans with the DMR" is a t 220. I have 44 kills with the SAW and my commendation bar says 6. I also see that a lot of other commendation numbers are way off.

Ramirez

Also, whats up with the commendations?

For example, my stats say I have 619 kills with the DMR and my commendation progress for "DMR-Distinguish. Kill enemy spartans with the DMR" is a t 220. I have 44 kills with the SAW and my commendation bar says 6. I also see that a lot of other commendation numbers are way off.

The stats have been updating sporadically over the past day or so. All of mine are caught up now I think, have you d/l the new Waypoint app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom