• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Siglemic restarting the game for the ~5th time. It's a pain to watch.

---

Do we know, how many people played Halo 4 in the 1st 24 hours? Would be interresting.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, the only place where i can view the progress of my commendations... is broken?

Service record won't load past my 'stats summary'

lame. I wanna know how many assassinations i'll need to get that helmet!

TCKaos

Custom map you're making?

When are you planning on testing it out and such?

Yep. It's based on an old favorite, but smaller. Small enough for 5v5 or so, maybe even 4v4. Small enough to fit in a shoe box. It's also a canyon. Box. Canyon. Shoes. Bloody coagulating hemorrhages.

I'm sure you're connecting dots.

malfcn

Going through Halo 3 as quick as possible to refresh. Didn't even noticed we split up from Johnson at the waterfall. hah.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
JIP(for the enemy team) Dominion, we cap all three bases they get Last Stand and we crush them. Game over in 48 seconds.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
But waypoint works so well. Silverlight is the future.

Waypoint is stupid in both forms it exists in

Primarily because it exists solely to take away features from the game

Why aren't these in depth stats implemented within the game? Why aren't terminals viewable once you find them?why do I have to load up that shit furnace just to get my rank? It goes on and on.

It should be a supplement,not a feature black hole.

Yep. It's based on an old favorite, but smaller. Small enough for 5v5 or so, maybe even 4v4. Small enough to fit in a shoe box. It's also a canyon. Box. Canyon. Shoes. Bloody coagulating hemorrhages.

I'm sure you're connecting dots.

Aha.

Clever name.

Well if you need anyone to help test out, PM me on here or message me on xbox. My gamertag is FUBAR McDangles.

Trey

Terminals should have been in game. Full stop. No question. The terminals should have also been integral story elements and not the background filling sidebar they turned out to be.

Terminals should have been in game. Full stop. No question. The terminals should have also been actual story elements and not the background filling sidebar they turned out to be.

But they're supposed to be hidden sidebits that dedicated fans find, not things that are essential and if they're missed you lose part of the story.

I liked the story through them, even if most of it was already known before the game came out. Would have liked the amazing CG cutscenes instead though. It was a hybrid motion comic thing? I think that's what they were trying to go for? Instead it just looked like crappy Halo 3-era graphics, which is okay I guess, but eh. Could have done better.

Kud Dukan

Campaign deserves a 10/10. Gorgeous artwork everywhere. Solid gameplay with a few minor annoyances (typical of any shooter really). The story, cut scenes, and level design are all tops. Absolutely well done 343. This truly feels like a fun Halo experience.

Completely agree. I cannot wait to see where 343i decides to go next. Very, very pleased with how it turned out.

JIP(for the enemy team) Dominion, we cap all three bases they get Last Stand and we crush them. Game over in 48 seconds.

image.php

Finished the Campaign. Prometheans became more fun to fight later, in the last few levels.
Ultimately disappointed, hoped for better gameplay and story.
It's still a good game, but I'm not sure it's a great one.

Overdoziz

Banned
35 second flag reset time on Adrift.
That's some Bungie-style gametype settings, 343. It makes it practically impossible to recover flags if they're even a bit close to the enemy base.

Pop

That's some Bungie-style gametype settings, 343. It makes it practically impossible to recover flags if they're even a bit close to the enemy base.

Agreed, or at least make it touch return default.

DopeyFish

Finished the Campaign. Prometheans became more fun to fight later, in the last few levels.
Ultimately disappointed, hoped for better gameplay and story.
It's still a good game, but I'm not sure it's a great one.

Story was very hollow considering how they were drumming up all this emotional stuff

Very basic... Point A to point B

And you really never feel like there's any type of real threat out there.

Why aren't these in depth stats implemented within the game? Why aren't terminals viewable once you find them?why do I have to load up that shit furnace just to get my rank? It goes on and on.

I was joking.

DopeyFish

So far would you say your personal changelist is larger or smaller than Reach?

Larger

Though its less in regards to gameplay in multiplayer and far greater in campaign

The main problems in MP are balancing, game types. Reachs problems were the core experience.

So many changes needed for presentation... Announcers, medals. The game feels so soulless now that you are rewarded for every thing you do. Played a half assed game and came out with 60 medals. Wtf?

I was joking.

I wasn't.

Story was very hollow considering how they were drumming up all this emotional stuff

Very basic... Point A to point B

And you really never feel like there's any type of real threat out there.

Couldn't even understand what the fuck was supposed to be happening for half the campaign.
So many changes needed for presentation... Announcers, medals. The game feels so soulless now that you are rewarded for every thing you do. Played a half assed game and came out with 60 medals. Wtf?

The medals are actually a lot better than I'd thought: you get medals for things I always thought should've received one but didn't.

That's basically how the progressions system works, forcing you to earn shit that was freely available in prior games.

DopeyFish

That's basically how the progressions system works, forcing you to earn shit that was freely available in prior games.

Reach progression system and halo 4 progression system can go die in a fire. The COD elements can join them.

Halo 3 did it right. Have almost everything available except a select few things from the start (recon, hayabusa, security)

You really don't want to talk to me about the election right now. Not because I'm bitter or angry but because I fundamentally disagree with the direction the country is moving.

I'm sure the MM team they hired will fix that right...oh wait. They hired a waypoint moderator.

Havok

Anyone played pro yet how is it? I don't want to get up and play right now. Dog is on me.
It's okay. Some of the maps are maybe a little questionable. I can't stand Abandon in there, cliffside team seems to always get crapped on. Complex is kind of the same way. Global Ordnance is still occasionally moronic in there, had a Spartan Laser spawn on a small map in TS Pro.
Can't help but feel CTF on Ragnarok would be much better without Mantis and Banshee, but then Mantis wouldn't be in multi at all..
Have the default variant only be used as a BTB variant and make a toned down 5v5/4v4 variant that actually makes sense for the player count instead of being a constant vehicle disaster.

Shadders

Can't help but feel CTF on Ragnarok would be much better without Mantis and Banshee, but then Mantis wouldn't be in multi at all..

It's okay. Some of the maps are maybe a little questionable. I can't stand Abandon in there. Global Ordnance is still occasionally moronic in there, had a Spartan Laser spawn on a small map in TS Pro.

Oh ordinance's exist in there? Ugh.

Guess I just better accept the fact that my desires are now dead in the industry.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Yeah, I expected something a little more sophisticated for global, it acts more like a computer-selected personal ordnance than a set rotation of map-dependant weapons. =/

So, this happened. Maybe, just maybe I won't miss the grenade launcher as much as I thought I would.

It's pretty fun to use, gotta take into account surfaces and how close the enemy will be to them. It's blas radius makes it a tad idiot-proof but overall it's a decent replacement for the pipe.

I keep calling it the target locator though haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom