• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Wu

I needed to alter the transparency of the Didact symbol to match your original avatar.
trey_avatar.png

This rocks. ;)

Solo all the way day 1. Gotta gets that armor unlock.
Good friggin' luck. ;)

Oozer3993

What difficulty is everyone going to play the campaign on?

Heroic. I don't care that it's supposedly harder than ever. I started Halo 3 on Heroic, I started Halo3: ODST on Heroic, and I started Halo: Reach on Heroic. I'm not breaking that streak.

Heroic. I promise i'll play the campaign on Heroic first, then either normal or Legendary. Or co-op.

Good idea, Reach Legendary sucked, all other Halos were interesting.

I didn't find Reach on Legendary all that harder than any other title. Except for Miss Cleo piloting the Wraiths on Exodus. Halo 2 was a pain on Legendary.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I look forward to Shogun hating the game by punishing himself with his first play through choice. ;)

I did Reach in one sitting the day I got it, and it took 10 hours. There was many a time I wanted to kill a puppy.

Is there an achievement for solo legendary?

Edit: Yup, sure is!

Beckx

What difficulty is everyone going to play the campaign on?

My first playthrough of Reach was Legendary. Still undecided about H4. I figure it will take me 20 hours to do a Legendary run unless the game is materially easier/harder than Reach. Thinking about running Heroic first to get through the story fast and not have to worry about spoilers.

Would love to know how to unlock Oceanic, though, if there's anything in campaign required for that I'd like to knock it out first.

Prolly Normal to digest the story. Dunno how Legendary will stack up--if it's annoying like Reach I'll wait for speed runs to come out and ease the pain a bit.

Yeah. I don't regret the way I played Reach but it was far easier to clear H3 with Tyrant's guide to Cortana, the hammer jump on Halo, etc.

IHaveIce

Banned
So in this new Halo thread, are we actually going to talk about Halo, or just talk about doritos and avatar changes for 15 pages?

lol look at this guy, want to talk about halo here pff.

Will play on Heroic, Legendary will be a bitch this time..

Doodis

So glad we got the Forward Unto Dong title. But it would be nice if we could slow the pace down here a bit. It's hard to lurk through all those posts and still lead a normal life.

Listening to the Halo 4 OST today. Loving it so far.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Heroic. I don't care that it's supposedly harder than ever. I started Halo 3 on Heroic, I started Halo3: ODST on Heroic, and I started Halo: Reach on Heroic. I'm not breaking that streak.

I didn't find Reach on Legendary all that harder than any other title. Except for Miss Cleo piloting the Wraiths on Exodus. Halo 2 was a pain on Legendary.

Well we all played those on Heroic because that's what was advised. We were told that experienced players should just go to Heroic. It's different this time around.

Tawpgun

Solo Heroic as always. Legendary I see as a challenge, one where the AI is tuned to bullshit difficulties and it feels like the vast majority of weapons are useless.

Fuck the Knights, I'll adaption the shit out of them.

Props that Ghal went with this title. Bit of sillyness is always a good thing.

Heroic Difficulty will be the way I will go. Shame I probably won't get to marathon like I have for 2, 3, ODST & Reach. Big shame.

Woorloog

Banned

Didn't say hard. It was just annoying and frustrating (mostly due to AI's ability to headshot the player unlike other Halos), i used all the tricks i could come up with to avoid encounters.
Didn't do that in other Halos, because i was confident i could take on anything.
Well, Halo CE rocket launcher Flood scared me...

Karl2177

Get the story on Normal, see where I know there is going to be a challenge on Legendary. Then Legendary to get cheevos and feel like I accomplished something. Then Heroic for any subsequent playthroughs.

TheOddOne

I'll will go Heroic first, want to digest the story without being frustrated by gameplay.

Just finished Primordium, I did not see that ending coming. Awesome.

Ramirez

I'll will go Heroic first, want to digest the story without being frustrated by gameplay.

Just finished Primordium, I did not see that ending coming. Awesome.

You managed to avoid the 20 times it was mentioned on here without tags? Lucky you, just made the book a chore for me...

zlatko

Banned
So I asked in previous thread, but does anyone have the means to fix up my avatar with the spiffy symbol you guys are all rocking?

I'll be going through on Heroic. I think I'll be pulling an all nighter to get some game time in, but that may be a mistake if I want to watch the election results. I'll probably fire up a few games of multiplayer, then do some campaign.

To comment on something from the previous thread:
Vidmasters need to return.

That's it. That's my contribution for the day.

I, too, would like to the see the return of Vidmaster achievements. They were so much fun to do. Maybe as DLC?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I guess I'll be a man and admit it. Aside from Halo 2 I found Reach to be the hardest on Legendary. People get too caught up in the "I don't want people to think I'm a bitch" mode and say "Oh that wasn't hard, that's not what I'm saying."

Parts of Reach on Legendary were fucking HARD especially if you were sleep deprived and the first time through.

Also, if you like Demon Souls/Dark souls and the challenge you get from games like that, why in the hell would you play this on anything but Legendary.

That's the mentality I'm taking with me, and I beat Dark souls 4 times!

Can't wait for that challenge.

Solo legendary.

Yeah buddy!

Shogun, Reach is very tough on Legendary.
Damage sponge, cheap death heavy, with all the heavy artillery that can be rained down upon you. The room before the Hunter battle and the Hunter battle itself on the Pillar of Autumn, oh god.
I want to be optimistic it won't be Halo 2 all over again.
Even on Heroic, that campaign is kind of crazy at times.

Karl2177

I guess I'll be a man and admit it. Aside from Halo 2 I found Reach to be the hardest on Legendary. People get too caught up in the "I don't want people to think I'm a bitch" mode and say "Oh that wasn't hard, that's not what I'm saying."

Parts of Reach on Legendary were fucking HARD especially if you were sleep deprived and the first time through.

Also, if you like Demon Souls/Dark souls and the challenge you get from games like that, why in the hell would you play this on anything but Legendary.

That's the mentality I'm taking with me, and I beat Dark souls 4 times!

Can't wait for that challenge.

Reach really wasn't that hard though... The sections where it was "hard" were because of artificial limits on the player like the Falcon rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom