• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be all over that shit.

Seriously, there's no way Halo 4 is harder than Dark souls, if it is, that's some seriously awesome shit (so long as it isn't stupidly cheap hard).

Amen. I appreciate From Software for the amazing mechanics the put together to make a game that was hard, but fair. If you die it is on you, not the game.

Dark souls was awesome but I don't think I'll be able to get into the DLC. I loved invading other peoples games, though. I had hundreds of MP victories with the darkmoon blade buff.

I've already blitzed through the new DLC on the PC version and the DLC is one of the best pieces of additional content you can get for a game. A work of art and so much lore was added with it. I'm looking forward to going through it with my main on the 360 and my other PvP characters.

Probably will pick up the game at midnight, maybe play some war games.

If not then I'll goto sleep when I get home, wake up early and vote, come home and play solo-heroic.

Trey

To me, difficulties are like levels of dating. I want a good level that will keep my interest, but not jump straight into getting fucked in the ass every five seconds. Gotta work your way up to that stage, get to know each other, feel each other out a bit.

I would hate to play a new Halo on Legendary first. Hiding behind rocks every 5 seconds to recharge your shield, approaching enemy encounters and you haven't the slightest idea what to do.

Or just rock a PP+headshot capable weapon like Over said and laugh at the futility of your enemies.

Although, the Prometheans don't seem to have the strip shield mechanic.

WJD

Attention UK HaloGAF - I have been advised by a certain online retail provider that they will be posting their copies of Halo 4 (standard and LE) on the Thursday before release. This means they should arrive by Friday 2nd November.

Which means a whole weekend of extra Halo 4 goodness before the rest of the world.

I am excite - because that means 10 sleeps for me! :D

Also, hello OT 11 - Best title ever.

I would be very interested in hearing which online retailer this is...

If it's shopto I'll be a very happy man.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
should be OT Erection day cometh

Surprised to see some of the great players here backing away from Legendary. If you're a seasoned player on the higher end of the skill distribution, you shouldn't second guess yourself. Legendary is the only way to play.

I'll be watching the Legendary ending before going to bed on launch morning.

Seems to me like it's limiting more than anything.

So is the entire forge palette, and the forge editor in general. Part of the beauty of forge is the Jigsaw aspect to it. Lighting/Shadows is a whole new puzzle piece to fit into the equation for forgers. It will be a great learning experience. Limiting factors is key in also seeing where the real skill lies... who has the ability to overcome limitations to bring forth a great creation? Limitations are in everything we do... those who cower away from them aren't reaching their full potential. But those who learn how to tackle them become better for it.

I'm talking skill gap in level design. ;) lol...

The Prometheans kicked my ass on Heroic the first time. So I still haven't decided if I should start on Normal or Heroic. Personally I want to enjoy the story but on the other hand I want a bigger challenge.

Edit.: Where do I get the loseless Soundtrack?

Are we just assuming there will be a Legendary ending or did 343 confirm one?
Assuming. There's never not been one.

Correction: Reach didn't have one. I've still got a feeling 343 Industries will give something extra to those that complete Legendary.

Overdoziz

Banned
So is the entire forge palette, and the forge editor in general. Part of the beauty of forge is the Jigsaw aspect to it. Lighting/Shadows is a whole new puzzle piece to fit into the equation for forgers. It will be a great learning experience. Limiting factors is key in also seeing where the real skill lies... who has the ability to overcome limitations to bring forth a great creation? Limitations are in everything we do... those who cower away from them aren't reaching their full potential. But those who learn how to tackle them become better for it.

I'm talking skill gap in level design. ;) lol...
Fuck a skill gap in Forge. Seriously. That's dumb shit I expect to hear from people over at ForgeHub or something. People want good Forge maps, it should be as easy as possible to create a good map, nobody should give a shit whether a map was really hard to create or not. The end result is what matters, maybe not you as a Forger but to the people that actually play on the maps.

Memories of people complaining that Reach Forge was too easy compared to Halo 3's haunt me.

Oh God, if this game manages to be as tough or tougher than Halo 2 legendary, I am gonna cry. Still haven't beat the first mission of that game on Legendary yet, maybe one day.

You still mad :) If I was at home, I'd screenshot my 1000g H2V just to tease you some more from our previous conversation.

You are a badass in my book then :p Halo 2 is my favorite Campaign, and I can't even conquer all of it's difficulties :(

tumblr_mbrkkruaz41qisl9lo2_500.png

LD2k

Neo Member
The Prometheans kicked my ass on Heroic the first time. So I still haven't decided if I should start on Normal or Heroic. Personally I want to enjoy the story but on the other hand I want a bigger challenge.

I can't wait to fight these things. The idea that these enemies will be unlike anything we've ever faced before in a Halo game is pure ecstasy for me. Legendary co-op for me the 1st night.

Legendary solo after.

We're so close to two weeks out, I better figure out good times to get in a Halo 3 run before Halo 4 ships. Hm. This weekend is looking good (so far).

DesertFox

We're so close to two weeks out, I better figure out good times to get in a Halo 3 run before Halo 4 ships. Hm. This weekend is looking good (so far).

2 weeks from tonight I'll be lining up outside my local Gamestop to get my hands on a copy. Can't wait to jump into the campaign!

blamite

I'm doing one game each weekend, starting with Anniversary over this past weekend. I'm looking forward to playing H3 again, it's been way too long since I've played that campaign.

Karl2177

What time this weekend? I should be on Saturday afternoon until the ISU game and then all day Sunday as well. Unless of course you're doing a solo runthrough.

Flipyap

I can't wait to fight these things. The idea that these enemies will be unlike anything we've ever faced before in a Halo game is pure ecstasy for me. Legendary co-op for me the 1st night.

Legendary solo after.
I don't know if I'd compare the thought of fighting robot ant dogs and their robot skeleton monster masters with robot hula hooping butterflies living in their butts to "pure ecstasy", but hey... it IS a new thing!

Fuck a skill gap in Forge. Seriously. That's dumb shit I expect to hear from people over at ForgeHub or something. People want good Forge maps, it should be as easy as possible to create a good map, nobody should give a shit whether a map was really hard to create or not. The end result is what matters, maybe not you as a Forger but to the people that actually play on the maps.

Memories of people complaining that Reach Forge was too easy compared to Halo 3's haunt me.

I have no problem with Forge getting easier or not. I'm saying that forgers should be looking at the limitation as challenge rather than a setback. It isn't just about the end result. If forgers don't improve their skills then end results aren't going to get any better. And the more people that quit forging because of minor obstacles, means the less maps that are out there and hence a smaller pool for people to wade through for good maps. It allows the good designers to really stand out and hence a better chance for the good maps to integrated into matchmaking.

If we had a ton of point lights to play with then things would be ok, and I agree that it does limit interior based forge maps. Unlike standard dev tools we don't have access to tons of point lights to make up for a purely interior space without an omnipotent directional light. But it isn't impossible to work around. It means that people need to be more conscious of lighting. This is more realistic in terms of transferring from being an amateur forger to an actual level designer. It will also force people to prioritize what areas of their map really need lighting. Anything that makes a designer analyze their content more thoroughly is a bonus in my book.

As forgers we won't be able to make anything on par with dev maps. So instead we should be focusing on the capabilities we do have and learning to maximize them. Then when we have unlimited access as an actual level designer we already have skills that can flourish in a more limitless environment because we are so akin to limitations. There are still limitations being a level designer... you still have to consider performance, level of detail, etc. The xbox 360 has its own set of limitations. If people just gave up because of limitations we would be no where.

New OT,

Halo 2 is the hardest of the Legendary campaigns because it has 1 shot kill jackal snipers with the best aim in the entire universe and 2 boss battles that are near impossible because of the situations they throw you into.

If I never have to play halo 2 on legendary again it will be too soon.

Fuck Tartarus and that Super Duper Mega Over shield

Frankie you're now the Keeper of secrets,Holder of the shroud lord of canon explain that shield to me

SpudBud

I've been out of the Halo lore loop for awhile, What's new books are worth reading? Last one I read was Contact Harvest.

Set your preferences to 100 posts per page. 6 pages down to 3. Problem Solved!

Also, Heroic Solo-> Spartan Ops Co-op -> Legendary Co-op -> Legendary Solo.

Woorloog

Banned
I've been out of the Halo lore loop for awhile, What's new books are worth reading? Last one I read was Contact Harvest.

Cryptum and Primordium tell about the Forerunners. Definetly going to be interesting to draw connections beetween them and Halo 4.
Glasslands and The Thursday War set up Halo 4's UNSC, interesting if you don't mind Traviss anti-Halsey BS that takes half of the books...
EDIT and Glasslands is a follow up for Ghosts of Onyx, very directly even.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can't wait to see all the bitching from everyone doing Heroic Solo for their first time lol

Surprised to see some of the great players here backing away from Legendary. If you're a seasoned player on the higher end of the skill distribution, you shouldn't second guess yourself. Legendary is the only way to play.

I'll be watching the Legendary ending before going to bed on launch morning.

You're going to avoid spoilers for the next two weeks and then just give up and watch it on YouTube? Crazy.

Could you play on Normal but set skulls to increase the difficulty slightly like adding Famine, Thunderstorm, Etc.? If those skulls are making a return.

Gray Man

Banned
Holy crap a new OT already? I've been seeing the Diadact symbol all over the internet, and in youtube videos, whats going on?

LD2k

Neo Member
I don't know if I'd compare the thought of fighting robot ant dogs and their robot skeleton monster masters with robot hula hooping butterflies living in their butts to "pure ecstasy", but hey... it IS a new thing!
Well, that and the story.

Moar Halo!

Beckx

Could you play on Normal but set skulls to increase the difficulty slightly like adding Famine, Thunderstorm, Etc.? If those skulls are making a return.

I believe the last bulletin confirmed that all the H3/Reach skulls are back and unlocked from the start, so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom