• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually end up doing the campaign once only, so it's going to be Legendary. I'm sure it will be tough, but it can't be as bad as Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is not a difficult game. Punishing maybe, but not difficult.

1) 10 Games of MP
2) Campaign on Normal (play legendary solo sometime later that month)
3) Beat the first 5 missions of S.O
4) MP for dayz.

I probably won't finish the campaign for a week. I'll be too busy playing War Games.

Legendary Ending Spoiler:

CONGLATURATION ! ! !

YOU HAVE COMPLETED
A GREAT GAME.

AND PROOVED THE JUSTICE
OF OUR CULTURE.

NO GO AND REST OUR
HEROES !

*Legendary Ending video can now be viewed on Halo Waypoint*

COTR8.gif

CONGLATURATION ! ! !

YOU HAVE COMPLETED
A GREAT GAME.

AND PROOVED THE JUSTICE
OF OUR CULTURE.

NO GO AND REST OUR
HEROES !

Legendary Ending video on Waypoint: (static black background with giant low-res font in white) GAME OVER

I know we know that Silentium got delayed. But I think the release date was only vague? Tor Books announced that the books will be available on March 19th.

The release date for Halo: Silentium by Great Bear, the final book in The Forerunner Saga trilogy which concludes this story of the the enigmatic creators and builders of the Halos, has been updated to March 19, 2013.

Silentium chronicles the last years of the Forerunner empire, when chaos rules. The Flood—a horrifying shape-changing parasite—has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies.

Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses. Only the Didact and the Librarian—husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to a solution. Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—to prevent an unmatched evil from dominating the entire universe.
Find out more about Halo: Silentium, and see a larger version of the cover, here.
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/10/release-date-for-halo-silentium-updated

RaginRoss

I would be very interested in hearing which online retailer this is...

If it's shopto I'll be a very happy man.

As would I.

I don't remember any of the games releasing on a Tuesday being delivered early like the Friday releases usually are. Might be wrong though.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Does anyone know of a good resource for current H3 MM weapon respawn times? It's been ages since I've played and I can't figure it out.

Figured rockets would be 3 minutes for all maps, but either I can't do math or my memory fails me. Went into theater, not 3 minutes, closer to 2:30, but not exact (???).

Does anyone know of a good resource for current H3 MM weapon respawn times? It's been ages since I've played and I can't figure it out.

Figured rockets would be 3 minutes for all maps, but either I can't do math or my memory fails me. Went into theater, not 3 minutes, closer to 2:30, but not exact (???).
Just load the map from your recently played list in Forge and look at the setting.

Attention UK HaloGAF - I have been advised by a certain online retail provider that they will be posting their copies of Halo 4 (standard and LE) on the Thursday before release. This means they should arrive by Friday 2nd November.

Which means a whole weekend of extra Halo 4 goodness before the rest of the world.

I am excite - because that means 10 sleeps for me! :D

Also, hello OT 11 - Best title ever.

Sounds like a certain online retail provider is about to get a very stern letter from MS retail/legal.

You also have to take into account delayed pickups and "dirty-ing" weapons.

As I remember the power weapons doesnt spawn after 2 mins and after depleted their ammo first of the current power weapon.

Sanjuro

CONGLATURATION ! ! !

YOU HAVE COMPLETED
A GREAT GAME.

AND PROOVED THE JUSTICE
OF OUR CULTURE.

NO GO AND REST OUR
HEROES !

Legendary Pizza coupon will now be available in XBOX Live Rewards.

1350906485403.jpg

What difficulty is everyone going to play the campaign on?
Solo Heroic, all notifications off, pray for Mojo.

We're actually recommending solo normal as the first playthrough experience for the average player. The Prometheans present some new challenges, and we've all spent the last decade memorizing the Covenant's bag of combat tricks.

This being NeoGAF YMMV, but solo Legendary on the first playthrough would not be my recommendation. Learn the campaign and enemies first, then tackle Legendary.
The bold is the main reason I would never attempt Legendary right off the bat. Too many new enemies and tactics to learn, and these old hands need time to adjust to them.

edit: ugh, those chicken wings look like boiled cockroaches. *shudder*

Sounds like a certain online retail provider is about to get a very stern letter from MS retail/legal.

Nope, this retailer won't, it's basically shopto. When they (and other UK retailers) have a massive amount of orders to fulfil on a certain item. They begin to process and send out orders very early, in this case Thursday.

However, they inform the delivery company to withhold the packages until release date. If any games end up in the hands of early adopters, then it would be the parcel companies fault.

"Dirtying" is where you hold onto the weapon past the scheduled respawn time, and it keeps the weapon from respawning, right?

Thats what I did in Reach, I take the enemy sniper rifle waste the bullets and keep it with 1 bulllet for the rest of the match unless the black screen resets all.

Woorloog

Banned
Just bought the OST. I'm at Haven now... So good.

I like Neil.

Overall, very good OST. Some tracks are just okay, though maybe they require the context to actually work. Halo tracks tend to be that, i think.

Definetly far better OST than Reach's (Reach's OST has only a few tracks i like but even then i won't call them good).
Maybe even better than Halo 3's but can't say for sure before playing the game and hearing the music in context. Wouldn't be surprised if i'd say it is better than 3's, 3's OST lacked... originality, it remade pretty much all tracks from Halo CE and 2 without making anything truly new.

zlatko

Banned
First episode of FUD has over 5 million views. TV-series next please.

It's funny I was watching the mid season trailer at my g/fs place, and had only briefly before told her about FUD, and she watched the trailer and said that looks really cool they should make a full TV show from it.

She's not big into games, so maybe it would have a chance if done right.

Overall, very good OST. Some tracks are just okay, though maybe they require the context to actually work. Halo tracks tend to be that, i think.

Definetly far better OST than Reach's (Reach's OST has only a few tracks i like but even then i won't call them good).
Maybe even better than Halo 3's but can't say for sure before playing the game and hearing the music in context. Wouldn't be surprised if i'd say it is better than 3's, 3's OST lacked... originality, it remade pretty much all tracks from Halo CE and 2 without making anything truly new.

Haha wat?

TheOddOne

Halo 3's soundtrack is good but i don't think it is expectional really. Depending on the context, how the music works in-game, Halo 4's OST may very well be far better experience.
I agree with this too, Halo 3's OST is excellent but not that memorable.

Risen

"Dirtying" is where you hold onto the weapon past the scheduled respawn time, and it keeps the weapon from respawning, right?

No it's when you catch the weapon while dropping and don't stand still. It puts the timer off from starting until you stop still for two seconds or die. At least in MLG H3...

Edit: Another new thread... holy crap. Get busy at work and don't check the forums for a month and a half and whew... things fly.

Yeah, I can't wait to hear these songs in their context, especially Haven.

No it's when you catch the weapon while dropping and don't stand still. It puts the timer off from starting until you stop still for two seconds or die. At least in MLG H3...
Weird. So, the weapons have to spawn in mid-air for it to work? What an obscure mechanic.

Risen

So, the weapons have to spawn in mid-air for it to work? What an obscure mechanic.

Truly not sure... I just know that with drop spawns in MLG H3 the weapon had to sit on ground for two seconds for the timer to start. So if you caught, you control the spawn timer by either stopping for two seconds or dying... specific to MLG H3. Not sure about much else.

u4iX

Weird. So, the weapons have to spawn in mid-air for it to work? What an obscure mechanic.

Yep, that's why you got weird times like a new sniper rifle every 2:33 seconds instead of an even 2:30. The weapon had to physically fall through the air then come to rest for the next interval to start.

Redford

aka Cabbie

So far I'm only to Faithless, and it really is quite good. The only one I will probably steadfastly dislike is Awakening, just because the piano implementation is pretty unappealing.

Hopefully somewhere in the rest there are tracks more like Peril or Heretic Hero. The urgent-mission style could get tiring, but I'm not even halfway through so who knows.

And I definitely need context but it's enjoyable in it's own right.

Risen

Yep, that's why you got weird times like a new sniper rifle every 2:33 seconds instead of an even 2:30. The weapon had to physically fall through the air then come to rest for the next interval to start.

Why is your third eye a pokeball? Creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom