• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

EDIT: Since next gen talk is going on, Sony is going to force MS to make a move which will probably mean we will see Destiny VERY soon.

...and those two things are related how?

I highly doubt Microsoft will choose to show off the new system with a game that is also releasing on 360 and PS3.

(That said, I get the feeling we'll have something new to talk about soon™.)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man, I can't wait for the PS4 announcement in a few weeks. I'd consider this one of my favorite generations, but it's time to move on.

I really do think we're going to see some good console/PC integration with the new Xbox because of the Windows Store and Xbox Smartglass.

The "Xbox Live Marketplace" will be replaced with the "Windows Store" on the new console.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love every Halo soundtrack. Halo 4 is definitely the weakest, though.

I really do think we're going to see some good console/PC integration with the new Xbox because of the Windows Store and Xbox Smartglass.

The "Xbox Live Marketplace" will be replaced with the "Windows Store" on the new console.

As of today, MS has made Wordament their first browser game with achievements. It'll be interesting seeing if they push this to other games too. Finally properly employing the Xbox brand with Free-to-play could be interesting. And yes, I know this isn't the first LIVE FTP game (MS Flight, Age of Empires, etc.), but browser-based gaming is a new venture for MS.

Legacy is like you're having sex with the entire Bulgarian choir at once.

I'll have to trust you on that one.

B8HgsPS.png

Ghazi

GUYS DID YOU SEE?

PS4

I'M SHAKING

(I was at school all day and missed the initial hype :( )

I think I'll be waiting awhile before I pick up any consoles right away. After going through failures on both my PS3's (multiple) and Xbox 360's (multiple again) I don't think I could spend as much money on replacements as I did this gen. The funny thing is that they were always on a flat, open spaced table with lots of breathing room and I never moved them around. So no launch day/week/month purchases from me until I see how many issues it has.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I think I'll be waiting awhile before I pick up any consoles right away. After going through failures on both my PS3's (multiple) and Xbox 360's (multiple again) I don't think I could spend as much money on replacements as I did this gen. The funny thing is that they were always on a flat, open spaced table with lots of breathing room and I never moved them around. So no launch day/week/month purchases from me until I see how many issues it has.

What? I have a beastly PC. I'm not buying some trashy console. The next-gen hype for me is all about getting ports with better GRAFICS

Omni

I'll probably end up getting one of them at release...

Though at this point I'm not sure which next-gen console I'm going to go with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't rumours painted the nextbox as being a lot less powerful than the PS4? I fear that MS is focusing on other entertainment (tv... music... Kinext.. etcetera) rather than games, which really doesn't appeal to me at all (plus ads annoy me and you know they will be as prominent as ever)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime I try to play the Halo 4 campaign on Legendary, the first few Knights on Forerunner make me rage quit so fast. How the hell does their Scattershot have such good range? All I have is a Boltshot and Suppressor, so I can't do shit.

Edit : Oh cool, I just fell through the floor. Feels like I'm playing a Bethesda game.

Edit 2 : I kill a Scattershot Knight, he drops a Light Rifle, which then disappears within two seconds, before I can pick it up. This is so frustrating.

Omni

Everytime I try to play the Halo 4 campaign on Legendary, the first few Knights on Forerunner make me rage quit so fast. How the hell does their Scattershot have such good range? All I have is a Boltshot and Suppressor, so I can't do shit.

Edit : Oh cool, I just fell through the floor. Feels like I'm playing a Bethesda game.

Oh I hate that level. The Banshee AI are so frustrating to play against.

FyreWulff

As of today, MS has made Wordament their first browser game with achievements. It'll be interesting seeing if they push this to other games too. Finally properly employing the Xbox brand with Free-to-play could be interesting. And yes, I know this isn't the first LIVE FTP game (MS Flight, Age of Empires, etc.), but browser-based gaming is a new venture for MS.

Nice. Too bad it's Silverlight instead of HTML5, would be nice to play this on the Wii U with touch instead of a mouse. Or my phone. None of my touch based browser capable devices support Silverlight :/

Ghazi

Hey, they had to outsource it to someone.

Nowise10

Edit 2 : I kill a Scattershot Knight, he drops a Light Rifle, which then disappears within two seconds, before I can pick it up. This is so frustrating.

Not going into reasoning, but no, you just are just mad and are exaggerating/lying. Besides the weapons dissapearing. That can happen.

I'll probably end up getting one of them at release...

Though at this point I'm not sure which next-gen console I'm going to go with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't rumours painted the nextbox as being a lot less powerful than the PS4? I fear that MS is focusing on other entertainment (tv... music... Kinext.. etcetera) rather than games, which really doesn't appeal to me at all (plus ads annoy me and you know they will be as prominent as ever)

I fully expect Microsoft to do just that. But don't they also have like 10+ studios working on projects right now? (Kinect, for sure, too). That's not including Destiny. That said, I want them to go nuts on Xbox Live 3.0 as a platform in the gaming direction, too. I don't think Microsoft is going to be so keen to miss their core audience so early in the gen, so I expect some big stuff from them coming out of the gate, or close to.

I also fully expect Sony to go crazy this gen for the core gamer, they've been steadily upping the value proposition of their brand for the past few years, and hopefully that pays off. I don't think just an Xbox is going to suffice with all the quality first party Sony content coming down the pipes lately. I'm super excited to see what the like of Naughty Dog can do with the apparently powerful hardware.

Of course, the real winners are going to be the PC gamers. I think people will see most gamer-specced PCs to be able to handle new engines and ports and benefitting from the power of new console hardware. We'll see, anway.

Fun times ahead.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not going into reasoning, but no, you just are just mad and are exaggerating/lying. Besides the weapons dissapearing. That can happen.
Yeah, I made it all up, lol. You're too clever for my ruse!

I ended up just sprinting past the Knights, only to find a bunch more Knights in the next area. I just quit out. It's not fun.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It doesn't get better, kittens.

Entire thing felt like work. Binary rifle crawlers are the bane of my existence. Heroic is a nice balance.

Nowise10

Are you serious?

Yup.

I've seen alot of stuff, but I've never seen someone just fall through the level in a Halo game without something landing on them, forcefully pushing them through it. Especially in campaign.

And then it honestly is impossible for an enemy to change weapons when it dies, as everything is scripted from it. Unless some 1 and a million glitch summoned from the demons happened twice to you within minutes on the same match.

You guys didn't like the "Death Star" mission? Playing that I was thinking to myself: "lol if I have to shoot this nuke into a tiny hole.."

Had a lot of fun with it though overall and the end reminded me of Star Fox 64 when it opens up :b Would've said Rogue Squadron/Leader but those games were beyond amazing.

Yup.

I've seen alot of stuff, but I've never seen someone just fall through the level in a Halo game without something landing on them, forcefully pushing them through it. Especially in campaign.

And then it honestly is impossible for an enemy to change weapons when it dies, as everything is scripted from it. Unless some 1 and a million glitch summoned from the demons happened twice to you within minutes on the same match.

Not going to go into reasoning but, no. You're just bullshitting because I have had the same shit happen in both Campaign and MP.

FyreWulff

Yup.

Uh, you can end up falling through the floor in Halo as the result of a melee in Halo 2 and Halo 4. It's definitely possible to have happen.

Yup.

In Halo 4, it doesn't take much.

You seem like one of those peoples that claims they get matched up with modders in Matchmaking every week.

And your posts often make you seem like an arrogant prick.

HTupolev

You guys didn't like the "Death Star" mission? Playing that I was thinking to myself: "lol if I have to shoot this nuke into a tiny hole.."

Had a lot of fun with it though overall and the end reminded me of Star Fox 64 when it opens up :b Would've said Rogue Squadron/Leader but those games were beyond amazing.
It's styled well enough, but doesn't really play all that well. Lots of actual clutter on visual clutter on stuff, and a camera that doesn't work well for the vertically skinny sections it sometimes throws at you. I've also experienced inexplicable collisions on several occasions, including on my first playthrough when I smashed into an invisible hard wall an instant after getting a checkpoint twice.

Top Bottom