• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Korosenai

I'm trying to decide between an iPad 2 and a new Macbook, cuz they look awesome. The only loss of buying the iPad 2 that i've thought of so far is that I couldn't really do any DJing on it. aside from that, i can't think of any reasons to get the macbook over the ipad. this laptop i have right now is almost 5 years old, and it's laggy as fuck. it slows down/freezes when i alt-tab between programs :|
I bought a MacBook last July and the iPad mini last November. I think I've used my laptop maybe 5 different times since then. I love my ipad.

cc5.jpg

fUc17Qm.jpg

If the rumours for the new Xbox are true it's practically suicidal on Microsoft's part.

You sound like when everyone was saying Halo 4 was gonna suck. History repeats itself I guess.
MMO is probably the wrong way to look at it. I imagine it having multiplayer on a grand scale, but not within the confines of an MMO scheme.

If the rumours for the new Xbox are true it's practically suicidal on Microsoft's part.

MMO is probably the wrong way to look at it. I imagine it having multiplayer on a grand scale, but not within the confines of an MMO scheme.

Alternatively: Dark Souls meets Skyrim IN SPAAAAAACE by Bungie.

wwm0nkey

Not sure if posted, but here's the Episode 9 trailer. We were wrong, guys. It's not a Gek boss fight.

It's a Sarah Palmer boss fight.

If we actually got to do that...everyone would be pretty happy.

Does anybody know the game Defiance or followed it? It looks like I imagined Destiny would be in style.

Got into the beta, wont be bad for a console MMO at all and it has no monthly fee so thats a huge plus.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You sound like when everyone was saying Halo 4 was gonna suck. History repeats itself I guess.
It's not the same at all. Halo 4 had clear and obvious problems with the game design itself. You're dismissing Destiny because it has been described as an MMO, without any knowledge of what that means or how accurate it is. You know next to nothing about the game.

Spawnling

I'm expecting by the end of February it's going to be a huge turn around month for Bungie. Bring on the new guys and unveil the new universe.

Fuchsdh

SpOps 9 trailer theories: Does the Librarian plant seeds (genes) of herself onto Halsey?

Laskey Kills Palmer, Calling It! Jk or maybe...
That would be dark, but 343i cannot count depicting morally dubious humanity as one of its faults.

I really hope they can wrap this all up in 10 minutes.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just surfing the 343 jobs (thanks for the referral Jessica!) (also, insert joke here), and found this interesting:

"343 Industries is looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead and deliver a groundbreaking new AAA entertainment experience set in the Halo universe."

This doesn't sound like Halo 5...

I take FIFA13 to my friend's house at least once a week to play. If I had a used copy I wouldn't be able to play. I think this is going to ruin the "casual gaming" market segment microsoft loves. This is also bad for sports games where friends typically play in a room together, not online.

I also said in the Edge thread, what about people with kids and multiple consoles? Its bad enough the rape for Xbox live family, I just get 12 mo. cards and let my son play that one. So they are saying the games are tied to one profile? Fuck that.

Then again, this is the same company behind Vista, 360 rrod, Windows 8 and Surface. How many right decisions have they really made in the last 5 or so years? Every Halo since 3 has gotten worse, its like they get something top shelf and then don't know what to do with it.

Omni

Just surfing the 343 jobs (thanks for the referral Jessica!) (also, insert joke here), and found this interesting:

"343 Industries is looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead and deliver a groundbreaking new AAA entertainment experience set in the Halo universe."

This doesn't sound like Halo 5...
"Groundbreaking"? Interesting

I take FIFA13 to my friend's house at least once a week to play. If I had a used copy I wouldn't be able to play. I think this is going to ruin the "casual gaming" market segment microsoft loves. This is also bad for sports games where friends typically play in a room together, not online.

Any idea's when Fifa 14 is going to be out. Not sure to just bite and grab 13 or wait.

Does it have an online pass?

Spawnling

Why is the 7th June a Sunday this year? Would be awesome, if Bungie released Destiny on Bungie Day.

Highly doubt it. Bungie day is literally a month after E3, I'm assuming they'll be there to show off Destiny at the MS press conference. Then we haven't even been to PAX yet in August. I'm predicting a Q4 release this year just in time for the holidays.

Omni

Then again, this is the same company behind Vista, 360 rrod, Windows 8 and Surface. How many right decisions have they really made in the last 5 or so years? Every Halo since 3 has gotten worse, its like they get something top shelf and then don't know what to do with it.
What exactly are you implying by your first sentence?
Plus what's wrong with a Surface? I'm genuinely thinking of buying one for university

Top Bottom