• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

I extracted/de-scrolled the credits from that new Bungie Community Theatre video:

ibkXAY4QzNGE4p.png

You have to admit, part of the fun missing in Halo is that these guys aren't doing it. The 343i team seems so stiff and corporate all the time.

I remember in the Halo 3 days Bungie was front and center on everything going on. The community became what it was because they were a part of it. 343i are just the people that made the game. There is such a disconnect.

Akai__

Highly doubt it. Bungie day is literally a month after E3, I'm assuming they'll be there to show off Destiny at the MS press conference. Then we haven't even been to PAX yet in August. I'm predicting a Q4 release this year just in time for the holidays.

I'm hoping for a Xbox 720 launch title. Q4 seems so far away.

Bungie Day is in July and this year the 7th is indeed on a Sunday.

Yeah, I looked at July and typed June nonetheless. I'm hyped and I don't know, what I'm doing. :p

Ryaaan14

Banned
You have to admit, part of the fun missing in Halo is that these guys aren't doing it. The 343i team seems so stiff and corporate all the time.

I remember in the Halo 3 days Bungie was front and center on everything going on. The community became what it was because they were a part of it. 343i are just the people that made the game. There is such a disconnect.

Agreed. There's no more fun outside of the games.

What the fuck is it even going to be about?

Here's a picture of Master Chief
<3 bs angel
I'm sure there will be extensive back-patting for the release of Doubles and their introduction of Infinity CTF, and info the Snipers playlist that will probably take the place of a playlist that I actually enjoy.

I really like Jessica and she was a real pleasure to meet in person, but these updates have more fluff than substance most of the time. I get the sense that she's given a meager list of things that she's allowed to talk about each week and does what she can to make the best of it.

At this point, I feel that there's absolutely no need to play things close to the vest. Tell us what's in the works, even if it doesn't happen exactly as initially reported. Tell us what the plan is for any possible updates; even vagaries for the sake of modders/cheaters are better than complete silence.

Microsoft's that scumbag boyfriend that wants complete control over his girlfriend's life and Bungie was too fiery, so Microsoft made an animu body pillow of Bungie that it could have complete control over: resident waifu 343 industries.

Moa

What to expect out of this weeks Bulletin:

Confirmation of the following coming this month:

Team Snipers w/ Shotty Snipers as an option
Free for All Playlist
Competitive Playlist (possible details)
Team Regicide finally getting fucking removed
Doubles Fixes for Monday

Other:

Information on the 'emergency' fix for Doubles to fix Ordnance
Details on that guy who worked on GoW coming to 343i (probably not)
Developer Interview

<3,
bs angel

TU Infinity Bingo Prediction: the one week we have the potential to get an actual bingo will involve the free space. This bulletin will not be written by bs angel and then deny us it for maximum trolling.

TheOddOne

Game Designer
We are looking for a Game Designer to help envision, plan and design world-class online experiences that extend our Halo games ‘beyond the box’. Our goals are to provide a rich set of social, fictional, and extended gameplay hooks for players, so that their experience with Halo does not end when they put their controller down. We want to increase long-term player engagement, by providing them with easy access to all their personal statistics, their social circles, tracking their improvement and collaborating with the community to unlock additional in-game awards.

It will be your job to define and own the set of features that best support and extend the game experiences. You will need to fully understand the Halo game(s) you are supporting, and work closely with the design and narrative teams to ensure that your designs focus on key elements specific to each game. You will act as primary liaison between the services, client and game teams when it comes to these extended features.

Your main responsibilities in this role will be:
- Drive communication and planning with internal sub-teams for features that touch multiple projects
- Gather, prioritize and communicate partner team requirements
- Create Specs for each feature, collaborating with ux, art, dev, test, pm, marketing, franchise, and management to arrive at optimal designs
- Represent your features to all partner teams, and help guide the client implementation of the features by collaborating with the client Producers
- Understand, define and improve the asset and metadata pipelines required to support the features
- Become the de-facto Subject Matter Expert for your features to the broad team
not-sure-if-want-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-232.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I had a GENIUS THOUGHT on the gaming side: 343 should turn Reach's space combat into a full game. The genre needs a revival, and I think 343 could handle it really well.

And then get someone else to make Halo 5.

Edit : Perfect gif, OddOne.

Fotos

Maybe some map pack news tonight?
Probably not
It releases on the 25th of this month. Really want to see these new small maps.

Also got the movie Lincoln in the mail a few weeks ago and just watched it. Didn't seem like my kind of movie but I really liked it. Loved the music too.

I had a GENIUS THOUGHT on the gaming side: 343 should turn Reach's space combat into a full game. The genre needs a revival, and I think 343 could handle it really well.

And then get someone else to make Halo 5.
I will say that I had more fun with the flight segment in the last stage of Halo 4 than I ever did with Long Night of Solace.

343 should make a Microsoft Star Fox.

Moa

Maybe some map pack news tonight?
Probably not
It releases on the 25th of this month. Really want to see these new small maps.

Also got the movie Lincoln in the mail a few weeks ago and just watched it. Didn't seem like my kind of movie but I really liked it. Loved the music too.

TWmZsfb.png

"So will tonight's bulletin have details about the title update?

"Oh, it'll have a title, and there'll certainly be updates.

SHOTTY SNIPERS IS BACK PERMANENTLY, OBJECTIVE'S GONE AFTER THE TU AND WE'RE SELLING PROMETHEAN USB DRIVES, MOTHERFUCKER"

Moa

SHOTTY SNIPERS IS BACK PERMANENTLY, OBJECTIVE'S GONE AFTER THE TU AND WE'RE SELLING PROMETHEAN USB DRIVES, MOTHERFUCKER"

I'd totally buy those.

Gordon

I'm sure there will be extensive back-patting for the release of Doubles and their introduction of Infinity CTF, and info the Infinty Snipers playlist that will probably take the place of a playlist that I actually enjoy.

Wow ok seems like Trueskill just now thinks I'm good or something... I get paired up with players who are way better than me.
Trueskill has a really high opinion of me too. It's flattering, really..

Talents

Banned

Back permanently.

5 weeks later remove because of low population. So much for permanent.

Game Designer

We are looking for a Game Designer to help envision, plan and design world-class online experiences that extend our Halo games ‘beyond the box’. Our goals are to provide a rich set of social, fictional, and extended gameplay hooks for players, so that their experience with Halo does not end when they put their controller down. We want to increase long-term player engagement, by providing them with easy access to all their personal statistics, their social circles, tracking their improvement and collaborating with the community to unlock additional in-game awards.

It will be your job to define and own the set of features that best support and extend the game experiences. You will need to fully understand the Halo game(s) you are supporting, and work closely with the design and narrative teams to ensure that your designs focus on key elements specific to each game. You will act as primary liaison between the services, client and game teams when it comes to these extended features.

Your main responsibilities in this role will be:
- Drive communication and planning with internal sub-teams for features that touch multiple projects
- Gather, prioritize and communicate partner team requirements
- Create Specs for each feature, collaborating with ux, art, dev, test, pm, marketing, franchise, and management to arrive at optimal designs
- Represent your features to all partner teams, and help guide the client implementation of the features by collaborating with the client Producers
- Understand, define and improve the asset and metadata pipelines required to support the features
- Become the de-facto Subject Matter Expert for your features to the broad team

teabag_1_zpsbdfc2110.gif

Microsoft, make a handheld and put infunity mechanics on that.

Stick the competitive stuff on a dedicated console.

I actually wouldn't mind "beyond the box" stuff at all if it meant revitalizing some game mechanics and communities that got the short end of the stick. For example, mobile-accessible custom game browser, Custom Game Builder (with access to features like individual weapon damage that couldn't be patched into the game UI), customizing controller schemes, maybe even film clip stuff or Spartan Ops details, etc.

Nope, instead we're going to get fucking 343 Industries' Majestic Temple Run and HALO: INVASION, where you rack up points by buying select brands of beef jerky by scanning them at Barnes and Noble to earn points, and winning earns you a mysterious prize for use in Halo 5 that turns out to be bugged and ultimately can't be patched in due to a database error.

IE26nuw.png

So HaloGAF where will Halo 4 land this time around? Here's January 7th's old list for reference

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  4. Halo 4
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Skyrim
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  9. Madden NFL 13
  10. Battlefield 3
  11. Assassin&#8217;s Creed III
  12. Far Cry 3
  13. Modern Warfare 2
  14. GTA IV
  15. Borderlands 2
  16. Gears of War 3
  17. Halo: Reach
  18. Forza Motorsport 4
  19. Forza Horizon
  20. EA SPORTS NHL 13

SpOps 9 trailer theories:
Does the Librarian plant seeds (genes) of herself onto Halsey?

Laskey Kills Palmer, Calling It! Jk or maybe...

DUUUUUDE! That would INSANE! Seriously pumped for the last two episodes, though I'm sad that it will likely be the last we'll see of these characters (mainly only give a shit about Lasky, Halsey and maybe Thorne) until Halo 5, if there are no plans for another SpOps.

--

UNSC Civil War incoming? Lasky, Halsey, Majestic and Chief team up as Neo-Insurrectionists and create the Spartan Rebellion/Reclaimer Alliance. A new human faction is born.

TU Infinity Bingo Prediction: the one week we have the potential to get an actual bingo will involve the free space. This bulletin will not be written by bs angel and then deny us it for maximum trolling.

I hope not, because based on the tweets about the Bulletin, I made this:
PSWhapu.png

My predictions, (nothing to do, and the bulletin seems like it will lack info... more than the usual)
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  5. Halo 4
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Skyrim
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  9. Assassin’s Creed III
  10. Madden NFL 13
  11. Battlefield 3
  12. Far Cry 3
  13. Modern Warfare 2
  14. GTA IV
  15. Gears of War 3
  16. Borderlands 2
  17. Halo: Reach
  18. Forza Motorsport 4
  19. Forza Horizon
  20. EA SPORTS NHL 13

Blueblur1

That is so true. It fucking sucks.

Top Bottom