• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

I can't see my friends hopping on, those things are to keep the current crop happy before they stop playing.

Agreed, I don't think I've seen one advert for Gears besides Quinn leaving.
This is a stretch, but imagine........
If they nerfed jetpack, removed active camo, nerfed the boltshot, and balanced the primary rifles a bit better.
On top of 2 small maps, and 1 medium one.
I think that would be enough to bring my group back.

It is a stretch though, :p.

Agreed, I don't think I've seen one advert for Gears besides Quinn leaving.

Iv seen a one recently released trailer and a teaser at the VGA's

Its a shame because iv hunted out gameplay and it looks interesting. Gears 3 without the lambent and with a score attack mode built in that has gameplay modifiers.

I like people can fly, I like Gears, I don't want another series to suffer and I don't want another company to get cutbacks and lay off's because of poor sales. Ill be buying it Day 1.

Kind of worried about People Can Fly. After Bulletstorms poor sales and with no effort to market Gears:J I cant help but feel they might be going soon.

CyReN

Iv seen a one recently released trailer and a teaser at the VGA's

Its a shame because iv hunted out gameplay and it looks interesting. Gears 3 without the lambent and with a score attack mode built in that has gameplay modifiers.

If you like Gears talk, check out what 2 former Gears pro live show. They talk a bit about the direction of GoWJ and Halo 4. One of the guys also works at CA.

</3

"Hyper, don't be hyper. Be something else."
iyrmcia7Se2F6.gif

Be happy that Xand was not around. That would have been fun.

Woorloog

Banned
I hope the TU includes (weapon) balance changes. And changes the vehicle health system to Halo 3-like. Hell, just straight up vehicle health buff would be enough (except the Scorpion tank).
Somehow i doubt we'll get either one though.

EDIT miss playing with you guys. But don't have enough interest to play anything. Not to mention lacking Gold at the moment, and probably not subbing again anytime soon.

I can't see GoW:J making a huge splash as a competitive title because the generation is winding down so soon after release so I won't even go down that route. But, what kind of adjustments are they making to balance the game out a little better? I didn't feel like Gears 3 matches were all that "fair," but I'm not huge on the franchise so I don't know how Judgment compares to previous titles upon closer inspection.

I can't see GoW:J making a huge splash as a competitive title because the generation is winding down so soon after release so I won't even go down that route. But, what kind of adjustments are they making to balance the game out a little better? I didn't feel like Gears 3 matches were all that "fair," but I'm not huge on the franchise so I don't know how Judgment compares to previous titles upon closer inspection.
I'm in day one for campaign co-op. Looks good.

Me no likey Rail, especially when the other team is far better than me and the idiot bouncing up and down on the lift.

Not a good Doubles session tonight. Random teammate quit out on me on Solari, no one else joined for the rest of the match. Lost badly. I immediately get thrown in to someone else's game without any warning. Bleh.

Havok

Me no likey Rail, especially when the other team is far better than me and the idiot bouncing up and down on the lift.

Not a good Doubles session tonight. Random teammate quit out on me on Solari, no one else joined for the rest of the match. Lost badly. I immediately get thrown in to someone else's game without any warning. Bleh.
That happens a lot in Doubles. They really need to put in an intermission or something, even if it's just 15 seconds where I can look at the stats or see what unlocks I'm getting without being tossed into a lobby that I didn't want to join.

A few little UX improvements would go a long way.

Defect

The only thing I hated about Gears 3 was the Sawed off. I don't usually play Gears so I don't know of any other problems that the multiplayer has.

Rail needs some work. The lift needs refinement so it actually works each time. Bottom mid is literally useless.

Halo 4's getting TU?

Yep, and she better be a doozy. I want like 6 pages of patch notes. ;) This one's been months in the making.

Rail needs some work. The lift needs refinement so it actually works each time. Bottom mid is literally useless.

It's like a poor man's doubles Construct. Only Construct was in Doubles. Rail's like the tiniest map so far I think. I don't mind it, though. Games I played on it were pretty fun - but I don't go in dubs alone.

--

I wonder if the plan is only to sustain Halo 4 until 720 launch (with a new Halo game?) -- Personally, I'm hoping for Halo 4: ODST (Or similar) with a Mythic-like disc with all multi maps (plus more) and SpOps season 2 (or firefight). Should give Halo 4 a mid-life boost like it did for 3. Maybe even release it for the next Xbox, too.

No but between if Gears, Bioshock take some Halo 4 players then it could bring Halo lower. Especially since people will drop off once Spartan Ops ends.

Yep, and she better be a doozy. I want like 6 pages of patch notes. ;) This one's been months in the making.

lol

What is this, DICE?

No but between if Gears, Bioshock take some Halo 4 players then it could bring Halo lower. Especially since people will drop off once Spartan Ops ends.

Infinite will be unquestionably amazing, but it's a single-player only narrative driven game. I don't see it having a long-term massive impact on populations of other games.

Curious to see how Gears does considering the almost non-existent marketing to this point, and that Gears 3 was dropped absurdly quickly by its player base.

Computron

One of the best forge maps in the history of Halo.

Seriously not joking, it's a WONDERFUL map.

I dont know what to think about them publishing maps like these which have workarounds in place that turn off the generated lighting on all of the pieces.

I mean, WTF?

bunk-the-wire.gif

EDIT: Karl and some others mentioned that it could be due to some glitch or networking issues?

heckfu

Banned
I dont know what to think about them publishing maps like these which have workarounds in place that turn off all the generated lighting.

I mean, WTF?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't know enough to have an educated opinion about the lighting, but all I know is that it plays really well for doubles and even better for 1v1 matches. It's a lot of fun.

Mix

Just caught up on the Bungie Community Theatre... Only a couple more weeks?

Hype.

I love that this is HaloGAF, yet all you all do is bitch about the game, who gives a flying fuck if its got in game ranking, whats the fucking point of that? If you're truly good at the game then prove it, don't rely on a visible rank so you can show off.

I fucking can't stand it, all you do is bitch bitch bitch and say how much 343 screwed the game up. They didn't! Not by a long shot, the story is easily the best since 2 (aside from karen traviss' input) and the multiplayer is quick and fluid. I don't get why everyone has to bitch about each new halo. People did it with Halo 2, they did it with Halo 3, they did it with Reach and now they're doing it with 4. Everyone just loves to bitch about each new halo, and every time theres a new halo its compared to a previous one, WHICH WAS BITCHED ABOUT.......BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT.

HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE FOR FUCKS SAKE.
:lol calm down holms, not all of us complain. Some of us even still play it. Weird, right?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love that this is HaloGAF, yet all you all do is bitch about the game, who gives a flying fuck if its got in game ranking, whats the fucking point of that? If you're truly good at the game then prove it, don't rely on a visible rank so you can show off.

I fucking can't stand it, all you do is bitch bitch bitch and say how much 343 screwed the game up. They didn't! Not by a long shot, the story is easily the best since 2 (aside from karen traviss' input) and the multiplayer is quick and fluid. I don't get why everyone has to bitch about each new halo. People did it with Halo 2, they did it with Halo 3, they did it with Reach and now they're doing it with 4. Everyone just loves to bitch about each new halo, and every time theres a new halo its compared to a previous one, WHICH WAS BITCHED ABOUT.......BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT.

dude what

If you like the game, post about it. When did we lose the right to complain?

popcorn.gif

Computron

I don't know enough to have an educated opinion about the lighting, but all I know is that it plays really well for doubles and even better for 1v1 matches. It's a lot of fun.

Its sloppy forging, but also really shows the flaws with their lighting system and how it was designed. People have to look for workarounds that they dont even seem to understand how to use.
If they dont use them, parts of their map can look even more bland and flat than in Reach, if they go overboard like with this map, its just looks wrong and sloppy.

On that map, there is even a single doorway pieces that's casting a shadow through multiple pieces and floors, but its surrounded by wall pieces that dont. It's like the author forgot to turn that one pieces' lighting off.
It sticks out like a sore thumb. But the worst part is that these kinds of flaws will inevitably make their way into matchmaking as they have before.

Rtas

dude what

General rant, reading through new pages since the last time I was online, and reading 343 forums at the same time. Just annoys the hell out of me the constant bitching.

If you like the game, post about it. When did we lose the right to complain?

I do post about it, and you still have that right, I just don't see why it has to be done EVERY SINGLE new release of halo. And for so damn long, halo 3 was complained about on bungie throughout its entire run, and then when reach came out, people held it up as the pinnacle of halo. Same thing is being done with 4 now, we get it you don't like it, we don't need to be told a billion times. Thats just my personal opinion

Moa

Chief-DealWithIt_zpsf1eccda1.gif

And I'm out for now.

heckfu

Banned

Right /rantover.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in season 9, love how palmer doesn't wear a helmet when dealing with prometheans, yet she dons it, to do what? Hmmm? Assasinate a 60+ year old woman.

lol babby's first meltdown.

Meltdown your favorite H4 map bruh?

holy smokes get out of my head

aj1467

Right /rantover.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in season 9, love how palmer doesn't wear a helmet when dealing with prometheans, yet she dons it, to do what? Hmmm? Assasinate a 60+ year old woman.

BawxZ.gif

I agree with you, except for the Karen Traviss part. I love her Gears and Halo novels *dons flame suit*

IHaveIce

Banned

Right /rantover.

It is Episode 9 not Season 9, sorry your whole post is irrelevant now.

Seriously chill.

Rtas

BawxZ.gif

I agree with you, except for the Karen Traviss part. I love her Gears and Halo novels *dons flame suit*

I adore her ONI stuff, I just cannot believe she wrote a book which was a continuation of Halo Ghosts of Onyx without even reading it, or playing the games. So she's got massive inconsistencies with established personalities.

It is Episode 9 not Season 9, sorry your whole post is irrelevant now.

Seriously chill.

I type one wrong word, and my entire post is irrelevant. Seriously? What sort of intelligent argument is that?

Ah I see, so here comes the inevitable "Make fun of it, it'll all go away"

Fuck that.

Want a real answer?

Fine

Your wrong.

343i goofed and Halo 4 has multiple well documented and understood problems. Don't rant like a child and you wont get stupid responses.

Get off your high fucking horse brah.

Top Bottom