• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Why you don't enter doubles alone.

ETEBpKI.png

Also, the fuel rod cannon spawns with way too much ammo on Dispatch.

Rtas

Want a real answer?

Fine

Your wrong.

343i goofed and Halo 4 has multiple well documented and understood problems. Don't rant like a child and you wont get stupid responses.

Get off your high fucking horse brah.

Sorry according to IHaveIce saying something wrong makes your post irrelevant. So "you're".

And I'm sorry, 343i didn't "goof" and yes it has a few problems, they are understood and documented, but what game doesn't? CODBLOPS2 for example, half the weapons are utterly broken in terms of balance, and their melee system is completely random. Not to mention a generic, OOOOOOO bad guy trying to blow up the world campaign. GOW has the exact same campaign, for 3 games. Go here, kill bad guys, go underground blow shit up. The only new part in 3 was the ocean.

And yeah everyone seems to be taking this massively personally including myself, so I'm just going to stop, can we move on?

orznge

Banned
I love that this is HaloGAF, yet all you all do is bitch about the game, who gives a flying fuck if its got in game ranking, whats the fucking point of that? If you're truly good at the game then prove it, don't rely on a visible rank so you can show off.

I fucking can't stand it, all you do is bitch bitch bitch and say how much 343 screwed the game up. They didn't! Not by a long shot, the story is easily the best since 2 (aside from karen traviss' input) and the multiplayer is quick and fluid. I don't get why everyone has to bitch about each new halo. People did it with Halo 2, they did it with Halo 3, they did it with Reach and now they're doing it with 4. Everyone just loves to bitch about each new halo, and every time theres a new halo its compared to a previous one, WHICH WAS BITCHED ABOUT.......BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT.

HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Right /rantover.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in season 9, love how palmer doesn't wear a helmet when dealing with prometheans, yet she dons it, to do what? Hmmm? Assasinate a 60+ year old woman.

image.php

I love that this is HaloGAF, yet all you all do is bitch about the game, who gives a flying fuck if its got in game ranking, whats the fucking point of that? If you're truly good at the game then prove it, don't rely on a visible rank so you can show off.

I fucking can't stand it, all you do is bitch bitch bitch and say how much 343 screwed the game up. They didn't! Not by a long shot, the story is easily the best since 2 (aside from karen traviss' input) and the multiplayer is quick and fluid. I don't get why everyone has to bitch about each new halo. People did it with Halo 2, they did it with Halo 3, they did it with Reach and now they're doing it with 4. Everyone just loves to bitch about each new halo, and every time theres a new halo its compared to a previous one, WHICH WAS BITCHED ABOUT.......BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT.

Right /rantover.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in season 9, love how palmer doesn't wear a helmet when dealing with prometheans, yet she dons it, to do what? Hmmm? Assasinate a 60+ year old woman.

bitchin bout people bitchin.

People bitch about the game because it has it's problems. Yea "RIP HALO" is kind of pointless, but there's been a shit ton of good useful posts in these threads as well.

relax man

I've been lurking HaloGAF for a long fucking time AND I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH THE HATERS!!!!!!! *melts down on my first post*

lol

Totally off-topic (lol rtas is antitype alt down to the avatar lol pop culture), but do you guys know how to make a computer read one drive/USB port as another? To clarify, I had my external hard drive plugged in to K: but something happened along the line and it now reads it as E:. Even though it's plugged in the same place. Is there any way I can get the computer to consider the external hard drive as being plugged into "K" without manually switching the port? I really don't feel like manually going in and correcting libraries given I have my whole DAW stored on there.

orznge

Banned
bitchin bout people bitchin.

People bitch about the game because it has it's problems. Yea "RIP HALO" is kind of pointless, but there's been a shit ton of good useful posts in these threads as well.

relax man

lol

thank you for preserving my post but I made a better one I think lol

Rtas

Totally off-topic (lol rtas is antitype alt down to the avatar lol pop culture), but do you guys know how to make a computer read one drive/USB port as another? To clarify, I had my external hard drive plugged in to K: but something happened along the line and it now reads it as E:. Even though it's plugged in the same place. Is there any way I can get the computer to consider the external hard drive as being plugged into "K" without manually switching the port? I really don't feel like manually going in and correcting libraries given I have my whole DAW stored on there.

I'm not antihype, I have the same avatar, and have had this avatar, since it was posted after the Halo 4 early screenshot release. People have been confused before.

Rtas

But again my advice "Chill."

I've chilled.

Looooool

At least now we'll recognize him. It will just be as the random meltdown guy

So anyone else rants = nothing
I make a rant, then finish it, OMG LOLZ HE'S MELTING DOWN, JOKE ABOUT IT.

Terrific logic there.

Anyways, I shouldn't have posted it in the first place, should've realized it would caused this reaction.

Fotos

As I watch Ninja play Black Ops 2 I can't help to notice that everything has a stupid ass name that has nothing to do with the actual thing. War Machine? Hell Storm Missile? Lightning Strike? Instead of King of the Hill it's called Hardpoint or some shit. Whatever happened to just "Airstrike" or "Mini-Gun"?

Rtas

As I watch Ninja play Black Ops 2 I can't help to notice that everything has a stupid ass name that has nothing to do with the actual thing. War Machine? Hell Storm Missile? Lightning Strike? Instead of King of the Hill it's called Hardpoint or some shit. Whatever happened to just "Airstrike" or "Mini-Gun"?

Everything in the future needs buzzword names even the guns had a name change. Their AK is now AN. The barrett is a DS50, and the M4 is M27. It makes total sense, everything needs a different name in the future

These don't seem to match up.

If you antagonize me, I respond, thats who I am. Doesn't mean I'm not chilled, I was just presenting my opinion of the situation

Voltron64

Right /rantover.

6EAEA.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Everything in the future needs buzzword names even the guns had a name change. Their AK is now AN. The barrett is a DS50, and the M4 is M27. It makes total sense, everything needs a different name in the future

AN-94 is a real Russian assault rifle, Avtomat Nikonova. Is that rifle in BLOPS2?
M27 is also a real weapon...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

You should probably look up all of those weapons you just rattled off.

But please, continue to derp, it's entertaining as hell.

DeadNames

Banned

GOTTA GET THE MAXIMUM COOL FACTOR DAWG.

ENEMY HELLSWAG WEED CASH 420 DOLLA DOLLA BILLS INFINITE WHORES BLACK OPS 2 LIL WAYNE ACTIVISION CASH FLOW STRIKE INBOUND, BITCHES!

Rtas

AN-94 is a real Russian assault rifle, Avtomat Nikonova. Is that the rifle in BLOPS2?
M27 is also a real weapon...

Yes I know this, what I mean is, the guns are no different in game, I should have clarified that better, they work exactly the same as their counterparts in MW2/3 with no difference.

They even replicated the broken SPAS-12 from MW2 and 3, its called the Remington, and its apparantly a shotgun sniper hybrid

All they did was take the old weapons, slap a new skin on them and change the name.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Right /rantover.

ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

Yes I know this, what I mean is, the guns are no different in game, I should have clarified that better, they work exactly the same as their counterparts in MW2/3 with no difference.

They even replicated the broken SPAS-12 from MW2 and 3, its called the Remington, and its apparantly a shotgun sniper hybrid

All they did was take the old weapons, slap a new skin on them and change the name.

Why is the Concussion Rifle in Halo 4 just the Halo 3 Brute Shot?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Oh, really? You must not realize the AN-94 actually fires a two round burst fast at initial trigger pull, then follows into a steady rate of fire.

Please, continue.

Fuchsdh

Sweet.

Read it earlier, this is solid content. I really hoped Halo 4 would discuss the Covenant a bit more, but I suppose now that the MC is back at Earth, the next game will deal with that sort of stuff. The politics back home and on Sanghelios are crazy right now.

Thanks. I definitely agree with you. Originally I wrote the article months before Halo 4 came out; if I'd posted it then I would have called the Storm 100%. Sadly we haven't gotten a lot more on the Arbiter's side of things, and it looks like Traviss is going to focus on the humans/Venezia part of the universe for the final book. There's just so much that can still be covered in the universe, it's amazing that two book series and a game trilogy can't address it.

Woorloog

Banned
Touché

God that brute shot was so good, dat melee!

I loved the rapid ROF and the explosions, confused the fuck out of people. And then meleeing them.
And then there was Brute Shot Mongoose flipping and launching... the passenger has the Brute Shot and uses it to launch the Mongoose...

Karl2177

Because the Brute Shot had a distintive role but you can't reallly have it in the game without Brutes?
I want my Brute Shot back, so good!

Because the Gravity Hammer had a distintive role but you can't reallly have it in the game without Brutes?
Oh... It's just floating in a Forerunner Metapod.

Rtas

Thanks. I definitely agree with you. Originally I wrote the article months before Halo 4 came out; if I'd posted it then I would have called the Storm 100%. Sadly we haven't gotten a lot more on the Arbiter's side of things, and it looks like Traviss is going to focus on the humans/Venezia part of the universe for the final book. There's just so much that can still be covered in the universe, it's amazing that two book series and a game trilogy can't address it.

Its a solid article man, I wish that 343 had given us more information on how Jul Mdama, and his storm covenant, amassed such a fleet of ships, considering the Sangheili have no huragok, and only have a handful of ships left.

Woorloog said:
I loved the rapid ROF and the explosions, confused the fuck out of people. And then meleeing them.
And then there was Brute Shot Mongoose flipping and launching... the passenger has the Brute Shot and uses it to launch the Mongoose...

Yeah the rate of fire was insane, I remember getting an overkill extermination with only a brute shot in halo 3 custom games. Never managed to replicate it online though :(

Top Bottom