• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Team snipers update is a huge step up - shame that they added shotty snipers to the mix - especially considering how op the
Shotgun is - but I'm looking forward to snipes on smaller maps.

It really shows how bad halo 4's maps are and how much damage sprint by default has done to the scale of things when Im looking forward to forge maps lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bulletin said:
We have already made some updates to the playlist: Some of you may have noticed that Infinity Ordnance was not specifically tuned for 2 vs. 2 play, as we had announced. As soon as we noticed this problem, we deployed an update overnight.

Ha! I fuckin knew it lol

Shadders

Probably won't be able to get on Halo to look for those Easter Eggs for another 12 hours. I'm sure they'll be found by then. :(

A shame, would have been a good opportunity to stretch the legs of my new capture card.

heckfu

Banned
Forge has its flaws and I'm sure can have leaps and bounds to become better, but the forge maps in this game in MM play beautifully. Some of the best Halo I've played in years are in the doubles playlist and it's a really good time.

I already really liked this game but it's easily in third place for multiplayer (and probably won't ever beat CE or 2, just due to nostalgia I'm sure).

Duji

Forge has its flaws and I'm sure can have leaps and bounds to become better, but the forge maps in this game in MM play beautifully. Some of the best Halo I've played in years are in the doubles playlist and it's a really good time.

I already really liked this game but it's easily in third place for multiplayer (and probably won't ever beat CE or 2, just due to nostalgia I'm sure).

What happened to your 2nd Law avvy? I actually just came back from seeing them some hours ago.

You already know

Duji

I get really wishy-washy on avatars sometimes. Now is one of those times.

And as far as the show goes was it mind-blowing? I'll see them for the 5th and 6th time this month in Tampa and next month in Houston.

They played very well and the visuals were mind boggling. However I was a little disappointed by the fact that they didn't play my fav songs - Hysteria and Map. :(

heckfu

Banned
They played very well and the visuals were mind boggling. However I was a little disappointed by the fact that they didn't play my fav songs - Hysteria and Map. :(

While we're off topic, I saw them in Chicago a couple years ago and they finally played Butterflies and Hurricanes which is my favorite and I had not seen prior and probably won't see again.

In a couple weeks I'm getting my first tattoo which is going to be a variant of the Origins album art!

Madness

I get really wishy-washy on avatars sometimes. Now is one of those times.

And as far as the show goes was it mind-blowing? I'll see them for the 5th and 6th time this month in Tampa and next month in Houston.

The top comments make me sad :(

Lol, can't believe I didn't read that before. I wonder if a lurker wrote it or a GAF'er.

I already really liked this game but it's easily in third place for multiplayer (and probably won't ever beat CE or 2,

NRMtbKq.gif

just due to nostalgia I'm sure).

V9StkqI.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Wait .. wait wait wait, instant respawns are also removed from Infinity doubles?

And from many of the objective gametypes? Damn they finally realized it is a bad feature?

Snipers sounds good, shame that it is most likely impossible to force everyone to have Stability.

Shotty snipers is dumb.

Objective playlist: Yeah maybe a good idea, but why the heck is Team Regicide in this list but no Extraction god dammit.

And finally about the Campaign Easter Egg, Yeah it would be easier to show people what we find or where to search with campaign theater.

Tashi

With Instant Respawn completely removed from Doubles it is by far the best playlist in the game. Until Team Throwdown of course.

Shadders

I wonder if they can even disable flinch. Boy, nice update but they are hell bent on keeping sprint. I'd like to see stopping power go too.

The loadout system ties their hands a little with things like this. DMR is OP, the best fix would probably be to remove it from loadouts and have it as an ordnance weapon. I'd say it's similar in utility to the Saw, but they'd have to deal with people whining that they'd spent their precious, hard-earned Spartan Points on it.

Flinch should go, but will they want to upset the people who've bothered to unlock the stability perk..

Tashi

The loadout system ties their hands a little with things like this. DMR is OP, the best fix would probably be to remove it from loadouts and have it as an ordnance weapon. I'd say it's similar in utility to the Saw, but they'd have to deal with people whining that they'd spent their precious, hard-earned Spartan Points on it.

Flinch should go, but will they want to upset the people who've bothered to unlock the stability perk..

Why would removing DMR from personal loadouts be the best solution? We're about 3 weeks away from the TU that will probably balance out the starting weapons (or at least attempt to).

Why would removing DMR from personal loadouts be the best solution? We're about 3 weeks away from the TU that will probably balance out the starting weapons (or at least attempt to).
I can't wait until there's a reason to use a primary other than the DMR.
I'm at the point where an enemy using a DMR just annoys me.
1) because it destroys every other primary
2) because it is usually bundled with Jetpack/Camo + Boltshot.

Didn't 343 say that everything was unlocked in custom games? Seems really weird that they overlooked specializations.

Top Bottom