• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Danny 117

Sold Halo 4 around the start of December. Is it worth picking up again now at ~£15? I assume the price will rise once the TU rescues the game from the grave!

Buntabox

Sold Halo 4 around the start of December. Is it worth picking up again now at ~£15? I assume the price will rise once the TU rescues the game from the grave!

It's mostly the same game. Doubles seems to be mostly received well (non-infinity). I haven't touched it yet, because I haven't played in 2 weeks.

All up to whether you care about the TU enough.

kylej

Banned
Yeah let's calm right on down with this Destiny hype. This is the company that gave us Shishka and Spire and now they're partnered with Activision.

Yeah let's calm right on down with this Destiny hype. This is the company that gave us Shishka and Spire and now they're partnered with Activision.

I'm not hyped for Destiny as a game, just yet. Since we don't know anything about gameplay.

But I'm hyped about the reveal trailer , this is the comeback of Martin O'Donnell with a whole new universe, a whole new feel.

Epic Music + Epic Universe + Epic "Bungie-like" Trailers + The Reveal

That's what I'm hyped about. We'll see about the gameplay later.
But I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot the reveal trailer alone.

And, it will make waiting for news even worse.

iSfnzKVad7P0c.gif

ARs Valhalla will haunt me til the day I die. Some things you don't forgive and forget.

I'd rather play ARs on Valhalla than Infinity on Ragnarok.

Really though, this is a new IP. New IPs are always a good thing. Especially when meticulously crafted by Bungie.

Sparth just posted this on tumblr.

This isn't a map we have right now or is it? A DLC map?

Map pics in the Bulletin confirmed!

A Delete key that also has "Rebuild", "Cert", "QA", and "Deployment Spinup" buttons that it presses at the same time....

Three hundred employees

They're preparing Grunt Lunch Run Simulator 2013.

All of them.

Laughed

I wouldn't hold your breath. I have extremely high expectations for Destiny, but I don't think it's going to be an arena shooter. All signs point towards a game emphasizing a large, possibly open-world cooperative experience. I'm not even sold that there will be a competitive MP mode.

In their latest video Bungie explained how their original vision for online play was guys on a virtual couch high fiving over their combined triumphs in game; what they got was players teabagging each other and firing expletive laden verbal volleys at their online foes in Halo 2 and onwards. This apparent lamentation of the competitive side of internet videogaming, in a video released on the eve of their new game reveal suggests heavily to me that Destiny will be a predominantly Co-op game.

Personally I prefer the competitive side. No Co-op game or mode has ever gripped me as much as the equivalent adversarial multiplayer game or mode. Maybe Destiny can convince me otherwise. Portal 2 stands out as a Co-op game done really well though.

I do have to to say though, too many people are forgetting that Bungie's last game was Halo Reach. I'm all excited for Destiny and everything, but there's reasoning to be skeptical about it's multiplayer.

u4iX

I do have to to say though, too many people are forgetting that Bungie's last game was Halo Reach. I'm all excited for Destiny and everything, but there's reasoning to be skeptical about it's multiplayer.

Default Halo: Reach performed best in a BTB setting, so if it's an MMOFPS I'm not too worried.

Reach was good, playlist management kind of stunk, Arena kind of was a shit idea but with good management and a 1-50 ranking system that game probably would have retained a lot more Halo fans.

Look at people looking back and saying "Reach isnt so bad, after playing Halo 4" This is actually happening even though it would have blown our minds to think 6 months ago that it would.

While they could have just called it a day to get out of their contract, they didnt phone it in, but they certainly took liberties with their final Halo. It was the most drastic game in terms of change from one to the next.

I think their next project will be great. I really do.

Overdoziz

Banned
Reach was good, playlist management kind of stunk, Arena kind of was a shit idea but with good management and a 1-50 ranking system that game probably would have retained a lot more Halo fans.

Look at people looking back and saying "Reach isnt so bad, after playing Halo 4" This is actually happening even though it would have blown our minds to think 6 months ago that it would.

While they could have just called it a day to get out of their contract, they didnt phone it in, but they certainly took liberties with their final Halo. It was the most drastic game in terms of change from one to the next.

100/85% Bloom is worse than any other single feature or mechanic in Halo 4.

Cow

I don't understand why they made the DMR so dominant, it's really crippling multiplayer in my opinion. Infact I don't understand why they did a lot of things, it baffles me how they went ahead and created a weapon like the boltshot as a load out weapon... active camo, personal ordnance etc argh. I am looking forwards to this new playlist coming. Doubles Pro isn't too bad, global ordnace weapons come back too fast. I would be playing this game so much if there was visibile true skill in the lobby, and I know a lot of people that would come back if they did this, I don't understand why they wouldn't just put it in one playlist at least... instead I'm going online 3 times a week maybe for a few games getting bored and getting off. I don't understand I don't understand... I don't understand. Haha ahhhh, it's all so frustrating.

What about the jump height? The complete lack of good maps? The lack of support, despite what they said otherwise before Reach launched. They promised us 6 months of Reach support and not one TU was released or any fixes were ever addressed. They introduced a progression system in Halo. Bloom was introduced. No bleedthrough. Reach killed off competitive Halo with the last blow. Arena proved that competitive Halo 4 is better than what Reach ever was. They made Firefight a joke. Armor Abilities were introduced.

I'm not going to justify what Reach brought to Halo because I never want to see it again in the series, but it may be too late on that. Reach was a great shooter, but a terrible Halo game. I'm excited Bungie is making Destiny because it's not Halo more than anything.

I know Halo 4 isn't what we want, but the support for this game has been undoubtedly better and I give 343 full credit for that, even though it can be much better at the same time.

Not faulting Bungie on Halo Reach is scary. They need to know they fucked up so it's never done again.

Fuck the Reach hate. Competitive PVP multiplayer is getting old.

I'm done.

Fracas

#fuckonami
100/85% Bloom is worse than any other single feature or mechanic in Halo 4.

Didn't you get rid of Halo 4 like the week after launch?

I'd take 100% bloom gladly if it replaced flinch. 85% was somewhat tolerable. Not saying it's good, but compared to some of the nonsense in 4...

Overdoziz

Banned
Didn't you get rid of Halo 4 like the week after launch?

I'd take 100% bloom gladly if it replaced flinch. 85% was somewhat tolerable.
The combined faults of Halo 4 are still greater than the ones of Reach, but bloom as an individual mechanic is still the worst one in any Halo game to me. At first bloom didn't annoy me too much, but with every fight the frustration grew.

Fuck the Reach hate. As a mp game, sure it had its downsides, but if that game's environments, characters, and atmosphere are any indication of the quality we will be getting with their brand new IP, then it'll be great. Competitive PVP multiplayer is getting old, quick, and it's never the most intriguing part of Bungie games for me. Hell, it's never the most intriguing part of any game, really. SP/Coop PVE 4 lyf.

Opinion! Not saying it's not popular.

Fotos

Fuck the Reach hate. As a mp game, sure it had its downsides, but if that game's environments, characters, and atmosphere are any indication of the quality we will be getting with their brand new IP, then it'll be great. Competitive PVP multiplayer is getting old, quick, and it's never the most intriguing part of Bungie games for me. Hell, it's never the most intriguing part of any game, really. SP/Coop PVE 4 lyf.

What

Top Bottom