• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Tawpgun

I don't care because I was dumb enough to buy the map pass.

Could have easily skipped on the last map pack. This one looks alright, hopefully its implementation won't be shit.

They really need to make the maps free after a few months. Fuck microsoft, DLC is a deadzone without requiring it in playlists.

Have it be on sale for 3 months. Offer incentives for those who buy early. Exclusive armor, double XP, special playlists....

Then make it free.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still cannot believe I redeemed the map pass on launch day. Never have I goofed so hard when it comes to purchasing games.

Computer

Still cannot believe I redeemed the map pass on launch day. Never have I goofed so hard when it comes to purchasing games.
I paid ten dollars for the new maps. I feel like a dumbass. They are so bad that I took them off my HDD and put them on a flash drive so I don't have to play them in match making. Now that is sad.

Given the time of things, it would be fascinating if the new Achievements tied into Throwdown, Doubles, and Objective and promoted some degree of competitive play rather than "shotgun camp on Meltdown thirteen times in a single match" or "teamkill your friend to get the flag and then not know what to do with it" like we got treated with Crimson.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's the way it works now but it doesn't have to. It's annoying when you can't talk about something you've created because a media outlet bought or obtained through other methods an exclusive on revealing the thing you created.

Parts of this are touched on in this video about preorders that TotalBiscuit made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqxWqU5pYwk&feature=youtu.be

I guess I just don't care because I already bought the maps (Limited Edition) so it's not like I need to see them to make a decision on whether or not to buy them. I'll see them when I see them. That doesn't however mean, I wouldn't like to see them now. That would be cool. I'm not mad about anything though.

I don't care because I was dumb enough to buy the map pass.

Could have easily skipped on the last map pack. This one looks alright, hopefully its implementation won't be shit.

They really need to make the maps free after a few months. Fuck microsoft, DLC is a deadzone without requiring it in playlists.

Have it be on sale for 3 months. Offer incentives for those who buy early. Exclusive armor, double XP, special playlists....

Then make it free.

I'd love for them to be free, but the Halo DLC's are a shit deal. DLC works well in COD and Battlefield without them ever becoming free.

DLC works well in COD and Battlefield without them ever becoming free.

Because the maps feel like something new and not just an extension to the retail ones.

How many people buy COD DLC, considering they'll be paying $60 for a new game in a year?

CoD DLC sales break records every year, especially for TreyArch's games and their zombie mode, so just type a 7 digit number for their sales.

i still feel like i'm the only one in this entire thread having a good time with the game. i mean i have a lot of the same complaints all of you have, but i guess i'm better at just accepting this as its own thing, not quite halo but still in it's own ways a fun game.

though the crimson dlc did really blow. hopefully the new ones will be better.

i still feel like i'm the only one in this entire thread having a good time with the game. i mean i have a lot of the same complaints all of you have, but i guess i'm better at just accepting this as its own thing, not quite halo but still in it's own ways a fun game.

Are you kidding me, I love Halo 4.

Come at me.

Danny 117

Bit the bullet and bought Halo 4 again. Team Doubles is a welcome addition to the playlists. Doubles pro feels the way Halo should feel. I hope that 343 let it stay.

TheOddOne

Are you kidding me, I love Halo 4.

Come at me.
BooThisMan.gif

Joking aside, I like it for what it is but at the same time it's one of the most shallow Halo games thus far.

I just played it recently for the Team Snipers update.

I was happy about lockout, but the game was just not fun enough to keep playing. I am glad you are still having fun, seriously. I honestly wish I could, but nothing will top those first 2 months of Halo 4 for me. Large population + a good feeling of unlocking. It has now devolved into good players who stayed around or drunk guys who can't use a controller properly, and the unlock system has lost it's appeal.

I was the same for the first few weeks, but the game just bores me now. Every so often I play it again and try to get back into it but I can't.
Hopefully the TU will change that.

heckfu

Banned

I've played this game every night for weeks now (when I have the opportunity) with a group of people from here. It may not be the Halo game you guys remember from 2006 but it's a good game on its own.

I have no problems with the map pack being advertised everywhere, what I dislike is 343 embargo'ing themselves because they sold the exclusive rights to whatever news to whatever news agency.
"Oh we can't talk about why we added perks because Game Informer has exclusivity for this entire month."
"Oh we can't talk about the specializations because IGN has an exclusive article coming out next week."

That kind of stuff disappoints me, when they can't address their community because of self-placed embargos.
Especially when those sources of information are faulty and the info must be re-clarified by 343 after chaos has erupted in the community.

this is mostly annoying but I am not the type who watch walkthrough map videos so i dont mind.

Tawpgun

I've played this game every night for weeks now (when I have the opportunity) with a group of people from here. It may not be the Halo game you guys remember from 2006 but it's a good game on its own.
The main thing I miss is the ability to say "donging, need 2" and have a team in 10 minutes

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How is the Pro playlist going to be good when there are no more pros playing this game and all the good players have left (besides like 4 people from here)?

In an unranked playlist...thats social...and not competitive.

And MLG isnt throwing Halo tournaments anymore.

Where is the motivation to even try and play this game competitively? For bragging rights?

"Hey bro, check this game out (Link to waypoint that doesnt work) I shit on a bunch of kids that you cant tell if they are good or bad without thirty minutes of research!"

Get realllllllllll.

So basically 343 just should stop doing anything huh.

Striker

this is mostly annoying but I am not the type who watch walkthrough map videos so i dont mind.
Mostly because the IGN ones they did were awfully boring. And it didn't help the maps themselves weren't necessarily dazzling in any way. We're just told how maps are good for Infinity Slayer and Flood. Nothing seems to have any memorable landmarks or locations remembered because of weapon or powerup spawns.

A Bungie article on Terminal from 2005, for example, is a million times better: http://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=5467

Paul Richards of 343i posted some Halo 4 art:

More @ link.
I do comment on those pictures pretty late. It seems like his "artwork" is Spartan Ops related. At least the first few concept shows clearly Spartan Ops Map "Apex".
("Island Rock Grouping" shows the object in the background of Apex.)

Anyway let us go to the interesting concept art: The Awaken one. Hell. If that had been the original idea for the Didact awaken scene, it should never have been changed. It looks more "Forerunner"-ish than what we got. (And I love the actual Didact awaken scene a lot) First all there is still this mysterious happening. Nothing we could explain. It looks more mysterious. More high advanced civilization. I'd love to see that in-game.

The Space Whale art clearly shows a big missing point of Halo 4: Halo is about mysterious worlds. (At least that's the reason I love Halo). But it lacks of the missing flora. It would have been freaking awesome if a giant space whale had flown above you and Cortana had commented on it...

zap

Reach Console
Reach LE
Halo 4 Console
Halo 4 LE x 2
Halo 4 Headset
Halo 4 Controller
Misc collection of artbooks and collectors guides.

It was close very close to the £900 mark from Halo 4 stuff alone.

Weren't you buying this while unemployed too? :/

willow ve

Is today the day the peak population doesn't hit 60K? About a month ago we were taking bets on when it would be in the 50-60K range and it seemed to be a consensus that if the title update isn't handled right it will basically kill the game outright.

The numbers are depressing. To all of us. I'm still hoping the title update can fix some of the wrong decisions that have led to this early and swift decline in playerbase.

Weren't you buying this while unemployed too? :/

Between Employment and Unemployment. Id have never of bought those item if it would have put me in a position of financial instability.

Gaming and collecting is my hobby it seems ridiculous to most but I enjoy owning that stuff.

It's not something that effects other parts of my life. Myself and my girlfriend eat well, we pay all our bills, our pets are well kept. I have money for social stuff like the cinema and meal's out ect.

J10

Banned
Is today the day the peak population doesn't hit 60K? About a month ago we were taking bets on when it would be in the 50-60K range and it seemed to be a consensus that if the title update isn't handled right it will basically kill the game outright.

The numbers are depressing. To all of us. I'm still hoping the title update can fix some of the wrong decisions that have led to this early and swift decline in playerbase.

It won't work. Players aren't going to flock back and the matchmaking updates will go back on autopilot for a few months before the game is abandoned by players and 343 altogether.

It won't work. Players aren't going to flock back and the matchmaking updates will go back on autopilot for a few months before the game is abandoned by players and 343 altogether.

Please I'm sure the average player lurks neogaf all day awaiting the TU news!

but really? how are most players even going to know about a Title Update.

Caja 117

Yeah, once the mass of player move on, is basically imposible to bring them back, even this new playlist will bring in no more than 20k , and on a couple of weeks you will only see a peek of 5k. I hope Im wrong, but the first month was the most crucial month for halo and retaining a good player population.

Mountain Dew commercials.

Buying select packages of Mountain Dew and Doritos nets you access to an exclusive playlist called Title Update Battle Bro Slayer (or TUBBS for short), where you can duke it out in the one and only place using the Title Update settings.

Offer only valid in Florida

Fotos

Buying select packages of Mountain Dew and Doritos nets you access to an exclusive playlist called Title Update Battle Bro Slayer (or TUBBS for short), where you can duke it out in the one and only place using the Title Update settings.

Offer only valid in Florida
Lol TUBBS

Top Bottom