• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Das Kalk

Neo Member
The junior bait bit in that post you quoted was referring to the fact that VG Chartz is banned from NeoGAF for one reason or another. You can't post links to it.

Well MLG certainly seems to think otherwise.

Alright then, get the wedgies and wet willies in before class starts...

The junior bait bit in that post you quoted was referring to the fact that VG Chartz is banned from NeoGAF for one reason or another. You can't post links to it.

Well MLG certainly seems to think otherwise.

They tried before and nothing interesting ever happens in that game besides long knife throws. MLG is just so desperate to take advantage of the gigantic CoD fanbase. Looking forward to the exciting matches of prone and corner kills.

Fuchsdh

They tried before and nothing interesting ever happens in that game besides long knife throws. MLG is just so desperate to take advantage of the gigantic CoD fanbase. Looking forward to the exciting matches of prone and corner kills.

Yeah how is MLG doing financially?

Alright then, get the wedgies and wet willies in before class starts...

UI3Ai.gif

Trey

Very few HaloGAFers are asking for 343 to remove those, umm, "features" from the game entirely. I think most people would be down for classic playlists as long as they got a lot of support, including being positioned in visible, popular spots on the playlist roster.

Nah. Lists to fix Halo usually are led with "take out AAs". Which is understandable, given the feature's poor reception in the Halo community. But I feel the design philosophy behind them can be inplemented better in Halo, and should not be abandoned.

A perfect implementation of AAs would make for a nice complement to Halo's OG arena gameplay. More options is always a good thing.

Very few HaloGAFers are asking for 343 to remove those, umm, "features" from the game entirely. I think most people would be down for classic playlists as long as they got a lot of support, including being positioned in visible, popular spots on the playlist roster.

War Games should have been it's own mode separate from the "Classic" Halo MP with it's progression system, loadouts, etc.

Three "Classic" playlists with proper, purposefully designed sandbox "Classic" gametypes and mechanics should be enough: BTB (8v8 skirmish and slayer), Team Battle (4v4 skirmish and slayer), and Double Team.

Two "competitive" playlists, with proper "competitive" are enough, also: 4v4 and FFA, with a mix of Slayer and Objective.

There. A 5 playlist "Halo Core" RANKED section, free from AAs, Loadouts, Progression, etc.

Then feel free to go nuts with the more social-oriented 10 playlist Infinity War Games system.

How does ranked LOL handle teams? Does it have to be the same players on the team throughout? Because fuck me if those new settings worked for Halo that'd be awesome.

Trey

War Games should have been it's own mode separate from the "Classic" Halo MP with it's progression system, loadouts, etc.

No. That's very confusing to split two modes which are fundamentally the same thing. Bracket them by playlists in the same game mode. Like has been suggested many times.

That, more than anything, is the most incredulous design decision (by omission) 343i has made.

Yeah it worked quite well for that, you're right.

--

I still can't get over this:
2823218-web_preview.png

There's pretty much been nothing like this, yet.

The Ark Chopper/Wraith bridge section before the wall meets the vertical Brute Shot room in Cortana?

I'd love to see the GAF meltdowns if it turns out all the Episode 6-10 new setpieces were lifted straight from the multiplayer DLC maps. It would be delicious.

No worries. Virgin gaming mistake.

Yeah, it's an easy mistake to Dew.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just hit SR 70, and no new specializations are available to me. :-(

There needs to be an ignore function for threads, I don't even care about Halo anymore but keep coming here because I like the people. You guys are like a rash that I can't scratch enough.

No. That's very confusing to split two modes which are fundamentally the same thing. Bracket them by playlists in the same game mode. Like has been suggested many times.

That, more than anything, is the most incredulous design decision (by omission) 343i has made.

Well the playlists can still all be together, but I was really more emphasizing the lack of a "Halo Legacy/Core" experience in multiplayer, what with the amount of people asking for something like that. As of right now, those fans basically have nothing to play, the closest is Team Regicide and SWAT. Having some sort of distinction between the two types of gameplay philosophies would be nice, if ANY acknowledgement of the fanbase at all, rather than forcing us to play it how it is now, or play nothing at all. I really hope they nail the Doubles playlist, as that's traditionally been the only one I've enjoyed outside of BTB Objective (which also doesn't exist).

The Ark Chopper/Wraith bridge section before the wall meets the vertical Brute Shot room in Cortana?

I'd love to see the GAF meltdowns if it turns out all the Episode 6-10 new setpieces were lifted straight from the multiplayer DLC maps. It would be delicious.

Doubt this. Ellis already said that a handful of the Campaign artists and designers moved onto SpOps 1.5. This environment at least doesn't really match the description and concept art of any of the future maps.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
All I want is to be able to call in a Pelican that drops off 8 Spartans in the middle of my big team battle match and they kill everyone and there is a 1 minute respawn where you have to watch the Spartan teabag your body. Is that too much to ask?

Havok

Those gaming side threads are ridiculous from every angle.
Nah. Lists to fix Halo usually are led with "take out AAs". Which is understandable, given the feature's poor reception in the Halo community. But I feel the design philosophy behind them can be inplemented better in Halo, and should not be abandoned.

A perfect implementation of AAs would make for a nice complement to Halo's OG arena gameplay. More options is always a good thing.
I think good execution is what everyone wants, really. The question is whether or not what we've seen from the past few games suggests that the level of execution we want is realistic. If not, then some folks would rather see them stripped out than done poorly, as they have been in the past. As a concept, armor abilities are totally fine - if everything was as unintrusive as Hologram or Thruster, I doubt we'd see the same arguments. Those seem like relatively smart evolutions to the Halo sandbox. However, that's not always the case and we've seen the same problematic abilities make a return, having not been tweaked much or even made more powerful than before. I think that doing that properly requires a level of effort and update speed that isn't really going to happen for the number of abilities we currently have and how quickly the online environment changes with regard to exploitative behavior.

When was the last time MLG had a halo event in Ireland? England? Europe?
The WGL is about the only "serious" gaming tourney Ireland has really participated.

If there was a big enough market someone would do it. Remember that big event in Dublin a year or two ago that crashed and burned a few days before it was scheduled?

The WGL is about the only "serious" gaming tourney Ireland has really participated.

If there was a big enough market someone would do it. Remember that big event in Dublin a year or two ago that crashed and burned a few days before it was scheduled?

I can't say I do lol.

So the Virgin tournament had more Irish competitors than any MLG event?

Improve the "bad Halo" till it's good, introduce quality of life features like 60fps, copy and paste old/good Halo. Everybody wins.

Don't forget the custom game browser.

If I can't force triple buffering on my wired controller after this update I swear to god I'm going to take a shit in the disc tray.

BigShow36

Improve the "bad Halo" till it's good, introduce quality of life features like 60fps, copy and paste old/good Halo. Everybody wins.

That will simply lead to a Halo with absolutely no identity. Halo cannot be everything at once; there needs to be a defined Halo experience that is refined and polished and perfected. Halo shouldn't try and walk two paths. The developer needs to say, "this is our identity, this is what Halo is and we're sticking with it."

You can do that and still innovate, you can do that and still change, you can do that and still draw new fans, but you can't do that and then also have a completely different experience branching out of the same game. It simply doesn't work.

Top Bottom