• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

What about anything that has ever happened since November has made you think that?

During pre-launch of Halo 4, 343 was very interested in MLG. They gave them exclusive coverage of E3 and other events, let the MLG pros play first and did many interviews with them. Somewhere down the line, Microsoft decided to work with Virgin instead for whatever reason, and I seriously doubt 343 is allowed to speak against that by saying they wish they would have gone with MLG instead. It would make Virgin look like a fool and their daddy, Microsoft, wouldn't be too pleased with that.

The Virigin segments in the Bulletins scream scripted press releases sent by their publisher as well.

2823225-web_preview.png

Whoa, getting Halo 2 vibes from this for some reason.

Can you guys use these assets to remake Foundation? Pretty please?

Desolation vibes all day.

kylej

Banned
I used to have a lot of awesome MLG moments/matches in my head but I forgot them all as Halo died out on the pro circuit. Probably a good thing, I dunno

DMR Noble
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Grenades x3
Jetpack
Grenadier
Explosives

DMR Noble
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Grenades x2
Jetpack
Ammo
AA Efficiency

So H2V normally stutters for some reason when I'm trying to aim (like it's gobblin' up some frames or something) but when I'm using FRAPS it's just fine.

So I can record pretty much any game we play and post them online for posterity.
I was getting a lot of weird stuttering in some levels, like Sacred Icon, even after I Vsynced. Fraps was showing a constant 60fps so I didn't what was up. I found that capping the framerate at 60fps or 58fps in Nvidia Inspector in conjunction with Vsync fixes everything.

Ghaleon and now Wu.

RIP Halo.

RIP HaloGAF.
Ironic, since your recent shift to being a bad kylej knockoff was probably a contributor to Wu's departure.

Wu doesn't need anyone to defend him and this isn't my attempt to do so.

But ffs, stop lying to yourself.

The level of discourse across HaloGAF has dipped lower than it ever has been and has constantly stayed down there over the past few months.

You honestly think Wu is such a sycophant that he'd stopped posting because we aren't praising Halo enough? Are you really that cluesless?

And history lesson for you. Wu has been posting here for years before you even joined up. If he think the place has become something different, he's been here long enough to recognize it.

It's shit like this from upstanding whining, basement dwellers like yourself that's been bringing the tone down here. You can't see the problem because it's folks like you are ARE the problem.

Hah, "man up". Fucking hilarious.
Amen brotha. You can be critical without being a huge douche nozzle.

Guys. Best loadout for Spartan Ops (Legendary solo)?
DMR - Hitscan, long range, powerful
Plasma Pistol - For vehicles, Elites and Prom Knights
Plasma Grenades - Taking out vehicles
Regen Field - Getting your shields back fast when you're in a pinch
Mobility - You will die, and being able to sprint back to where to were without stopping is great
Ammo - More ammo for your starting rifle and all weapons you pick up from weapon caches/drops

Guys. Best loadout for Spartan Ops (Legendary solo)?
Hologram to draw fire, distract and set off ambushes. This *will* continually save your ass when soloing.

Ammo, mostly for power weapons though as missions usually have a decent amount of resupply crates.

Anything else is optional for me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I was getting a lot of weird stuttering in some levels, like Sacred Icon, even after I Vsynced. Fraps was showing a constant 60fps so I didn't what was up. I found that capping the framerate at 60fps or 58fps in Nvidia Inspector in conjunction with Vsync fixes everything.

Ironic, since your recent shift to being a bad kylej knockoff was probably a contributor to Wu's departure.

Amen brotha. You can be critical without being a huge douche nozzle.

fuckin LOL

btw, you're welcome back on the podcast anytime you want. It was a lot of fun having you on. Biggy and Heckfu have been on multiple times already so I don't need to compliment them lolz

Dirtbag

Bummer to see Wu go because I think he's the one that makes the best counterpoints to alot of the overwhelming number of us that are pretty strongly against the changes to the franchise.

Not really surprised though. I disagree with him that there is no discussion here anymore. I think its pretty burried amongst a bunch of childish slams though and I can see why from the outside-in, we are a pretty broken community right now.

It was usually about this point in a games shelf life where we are talking about map balances, and refinements, and sharing funny screengrabs and videos.. not bitching about sweeping changes.
There is plenty of blame to go around for that, 343 included.

I think alot of us expected a bit more back and forth like we used to get from Bungie on things, even if we didnt agree with them. People seem to repeat things, because nothing is ever really addressed anymore.

fuckin LOL

btw, you're welcome back on the podcast anytime you want. It was a lot of fun having you on. Biggy and Heckfu have been on multiple times already so I don't need to compliment them lolz
Thanks man! I had a lot of fun being on the show and I'd love to be back on. I should probably invest in a better mic though.

You guys need something drastic to increase your ratings. HaloGAF Radio: Waking Up With Wahrer Machine (or How I Learned To Stop Bitching and Love the Prom) is long overdue.

broony

You know what Halo 4 did? It got rid of a lot of the 90's Generation Y kids who feel they are entitled to have their dick sucked 24/7. I can totally relate to Louis Wu's decision to avoid the community here now.

Halo 2 sucked when it first came out. It shit on the 'legacy' of Halo's pure mp. It fucked it up really badly and alienated a lot of players. Those players were both septic and also constructive and good feedback allowed the creation on tu1. The game was still a monkey shit fight but it was a lot better.

Halo 4 has alienated a whole new generation of fans. But this time round the 'fans' are screaming, whining and repeating their self entitled bullshit over and over again. It's the same old adapt and evolve scenario that has somehow become a bad thing rather than a way to develop the series into something new each time.

If you don't like the game. Leave it and dont let the door hit you on the way out. There seems to be a lot of people who keep saying that they will never play the game again, so don't, move on.

Thought I'd stop in and say - Really enjoying the game. Hoping forge maps make it into slayer (I didn't care about the gray scale Reach maps, I just want some more good 4v4 maps). Also, tone down the bolt shot. Also playing through Witcher 2 again, on Dark difficulty. Amazing.

Top Bottom