• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

It died out because Reach kinda, you know, sucks monkeyballs.

Fixed.

Just randomly started listening to old school Halo music again, the original trilogy have such a unique sound to them. ODST was also fantastic but pretty removed from that original trilogy music. Reach for me didnt quite hit ODST's levels of brilliance, but it was still pretty damn good.

I cant wait to see how the Halo 4 music turns out. So far we have had a trilogy with amazing music, and two games (ODST and Reach) which have been pretty different thematically but again fantastic. So far not counting Halo Wars, Marty has pulled off three different themes pretty well. We have had variety in our themes coming from one composer, but now going to a different composer is going to amplify that change. I expect Halo 4 to again be different, and I cant wait to hear it.

Elzar's mom is ugly. Still hating to see her everyday when Elzar posts here.
She has an enormous quantity of breast milk.

That was the second time Bobs saved my ass from you that match - the first time was when you and heckfu chased me into the air vent and as I'm fighting for my life a grenade flies in, donks off of my head and explodes in your face.

That was clever way to hide/show everyone you're a pussy!

I do not understand any of this, around these parts we don't speak French.

lol.

That was the second time Bobs saved my ass from you that match - the first time was when you and heckfu chased me into the air vent and as I'm fighting for my life a grenade flies in, donks off of my head and explodes in your face.

I was so worried that nade was going to kill you lol! Nice header though!

What? No special shout out for your Double Team buddy? Putting me with the other filthy guys? Seriously? We danced our ass off at PAX East, we kicked some asses in Double Team. What am I for you, Hitmonchan? What am I for you? A piece of crap!

Joking. It was a lot of fun to play Reach again. Thanks for the great games, Hitmonchan, Heckfu, Tunavi, Robbert, Elzar, Karl, Kittens and the rest I forgot.

Those were fantastic games of Double Team. The Dream Team is here!

thanks Hitmonchan107, i got the package in the mail. its been added to my halo shrine :)

Glad you got it. I've been iffy about our local postal service lately.

NOKYARD

ArenaGAF i require your assistance. XBL MSG me

Really. I don't play Arena so i need some "expert" opinions on some of the maps i am considering promoting for the playlist. (not you Overdoz1z, you know why)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
myprescious.png

At least we have each other.
iTkRaMxF9DC80.gif

This is just fucking mean.... Am I the only one the would KILL for a Fall of Reach Movie. I mean seriously. How does some of the shit that gets made, but no Halo movie... :/
Frankie?....
Nobody can figure out how to make a compelling movie in which the audience never sees the main character's face.

Lost round 2:(
CyReN is Reeeeeeeecccccllllliiiiinnnnnniiiiiinnnnnggggg? Or is it double elim? I don't know how tournaments work because I suck at Halo and everything else for that matter.

CyReN

Nobody can figure out how to make a compelling movie in which the audience never sees the main character's face.

CyReN is Reeeeeeeecccccllllliiiiinnnnnniiiiiinnnnnggggg? Or is it double elim? I don't know how tournaments work because I suck at Halo and everything else for that matter.

Just out now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nothing but bad connections today, put on Good connection(lol) and got matched up with Mexico.

feelsbadman.jpg

Did quickest connection on Social BTB, surprisingly good connection

If I never see another host migration screen again, I'll die a happy man, though

Team Rockets on Isolation!? Why jesus

Anyone playing Halo tonight and have room for one more? Heck, it can be Reach, 3, Anniversary, ODST.. I'm up for anything. I just have to go walk my dog and then Im hopping on something.

This is just fucking mean.... Am I the only one the would KILL for a Fall of Reach Movie. I mean seriously. How does some of the shit that gets made, but no Halo movie... :/
Frankie?....
Here's a great article on the troubled history of the Halo movie: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1273570/whatever_happened_to_the_halo_movie.html

And I really don't think it'd be that hard to make a movie where the main character doesn't show his face. While not an apples to apples comparison, Darth Vader being one of the most iconic characters in cinema shows it can be done.

CyReN

I will soon. I youtubed exactly one scene because I wanted to see how well they captured it: the golden crown. And they nailed it, every little detail was perfect. Can't freaking wait.

If you have HBO you can watch it on your laptop, Xbox, Roku etc if you didn't know.

Here's a great article on the troubled history of the Halo movie: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1273570/whatever_happened_to_the_halo_movie.html

And I really don't think it'd be that hard to make a movie where the main character doesn't show his face. While not an apples to apples comparison, Darth Vader being one of the most iconic characters in cinema shows it can be done.

Sure, when the original three Star Wars movies came out geeks thought Vader was cool and kids were afraid of him, but nobody was really invested in his character arc until RotJ and even then people only cared because the hero's success depended on Vader turning away from the Dark Side (spoiler alert).

Hell even when they showed us Vader without his mask on (in the prequels) it was a total clusterfuck because the audience had a laundry list of preconceived notions of who Vader should be/what he should look like and that list was different for each audience member. Adapting a non-film/TV franchise to the big screen is hard enough, doing it with a main character who says about six different things every three years and never emotes is practically impossible.

I'm not trying to say that you can't make interesting characters without showing their faces, I'm saying it's very hard to get an audience to sympathize/identify with a faceless character. In 2012, if you want to make a blockbuster sci-fi action extravaganza you either need to be named James Cameron or Ridley Scott OR you need a recognizable and marketable ID figure. If Halo 4 smashes sales records that's a guarantee that there will be a Halo film at some point, it's just going to be hard as hell for 343 and their studio partner to make it both financially and creatively successful.

Jen Taylor confirmed. I'll back that up later.

I'm at Supanova (a convention in Australia) and I was talking briefly with Joel Heyman and Marshall Rimmer. Joel has played Halo 4!

Top Bottom