• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

FyreWulff

It's been 2 years today since Halo 2 was shut down, officially. Where the hell is my FL limit cap raise and "various improvements" , Microsoft?

Portland.

I almost moved to Portland. Things happened and now I'm heading to Vancouver instead :eek: Hopefully you're moving under better conditions than I am.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That was awful.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just got 18 assists in a CTF game. Damn, might be my most ever. That's like 43 Halo 3 assists lol

Redford

aka Cabbie
I saw no one did your's, monster, so here you go: speedo Spartan.

BoH3y.png

Just dropped the dollars on the Anniversary map pack.

Can't decide if it's worth it yet or not. I'm not exactly a fan of the three shot kill pistol in Reach, I don't think.

I'll have to play some normal TS outside of the Anni playlists tomorrow to find out I guess.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just betrayed a guy for stat whoring with a sniper on sniper tower in Pit. And then I quit out. I might be going to the cool plays for the weekly but I still wanna win.

Halo Honor -5

Kujo

Matchmaking in Reach is so unbalanced, which therefore makes everything unbalanced when a group of 6,7,8 high-ranked players go up against a team full of mostly low ranked randoms and guests. And I can't take the sniper or wraith because half the time I'll get betrayed for it, so I just let them have it, which lasts them like 20 seconds. My last Stockpile BTB game I was the only one to go positive. Rest of team:

WHY

zap

That spectator mode idea would be amazing, even if I don't know how much I would use it. Coach mode would be wicked. It would be a huge boost for competitive players and teams.

But, wouldn't it put considerably more stress on the networking? I'm no Fyrewulff, but it seems that being able to view first person perspectives for multiple people would bea large strain.

However, it makes me remember the high hopes I had for Halo 3 Forge in MM. I had envisioned a game where each team could have one monitor who could have a certain budget to use and could give certain weapons or powerups while the team went for kills and captured hills or something to get more $ for their leader...

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I don't know how well it would work out in MM.

Just dropped the dollars on the Anniversary map pack.

Can't decide if it's worth it yet or not. I'm not exactly a fan of the three shot kill pistol in Reach, I don't think.

I'll have to play some normal TS outside of the Anni playlists tomorrow to find out I guess.

Good luck with getting the DLC maps outside of the DLC playlists. If you really want to get the maps, you should try to get 8 players who have the map pack and go into team/super slayer.

Why do people want to play H3 so bad and forget it takes forever to get a match and the netcode is ass?

Just play Custom games, no need to deal with the stupid matchmaking decisions, and if you play with people local to you the netcode isnt as much of an issue.

Halo 3 matchmaking goes out of its way to be uninviting, if its not the netcode its the stupid matchmaking set ups.

I have been getting pretty damn aweful netcode on Reach for the longest time now though, so Halo 3 doesnt even feel too bad to me.

Played for a bit, reminded why I don't really play much anymore. Probably won't even see me on for months at a time again, especially since I'm moving in May.

Im potentially moving in a weeks time, worst thing is I will most likely be split up over two locations, im kind of tempted to just buy another xbox lol! If I dont move it will be a LONG commute, but that will just give me time to actually catch up on this place so its not too bad I suppose. :p

It's been 2 years today since Halo 2 was shut down, officially. Where the hell is my FL limit cap raise and "various improvements" , Microsoft?

I remember really hoping for the 100 friends list cap to be upped. Being a sceptic I sort of assumed then that they were only switching the old stuff off to save maintenance costs.

Striker

Besides Select being a shitty map it has color issues.

I'd go so far as to label being blue an advantage on that map.
It's similar to Narrows, so of course it's shitty. Kingdom is OK, and I would hate Select more if things like Synapse and Enclosed weren't there. The voting limitations are a bit unfortunate because of the amount of bad maps being involved (remembers Smashed being in Halo 3's Ranked Slayer lol). Forged maps (that aren't done by MLG) in the primary ranked slayer playlist is usually a big no no, as we've seen with these past two games.

I wonder if 343 plans on updating the Arena or Team Objective maps any time soon. All we've gotten were Heavies, Infection and some minor additions in 4v4 Slayer.

kylej

Banned
Please, no. Don't even say it.

Welcome to Halo 4. A blatant attempt to copy COD and grab their marketshare... that will woo zero COD players away.

Oh wait the 343 guys said it's not similar to COD. Can't wait to hear them discuss the reasoning behind this unprecedented, bold, innovative, beautiful, and stunning direction for the Halo franchise on the upcoming podcast.

Really couldn't come at a better time too - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470311

JonCha

Welcome to Halo 4. A blatant attempt to copy COD and grab their marketshare... that will woo zero COD players away.

Oh wait the 343 guys said it's not similar to COD. Can't wait to hear them discuss the reasoning behind this unprecedented, bold, innovative, beautiful, and stunning direction for the Halo franchise on the upcoming podcast.

Really couldn't come at a better time too - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470311

I'm not sure which posts are sarcastic and serious. I assume this is serious.

Halo 4 to be the CoD killer? Read more about it on Kotaku!

WJD

I just don't understand the need to want to "CODify" Halo. These 12 year old kids aren't going to see that Halo 4 has perks, loadouts and instant respawns and suddenly want to jump ship from COD; they play what they know and what their friends play which, in the majority of cases is COD and will always be COD for the foreseeable future.

And if 343 aren't doing it for sales (if they're even doing it at all of course...) then it just seems like a completely pointless "progression" of the Halo series.

kylej

Banned
Exactly, he even stated in a podcast he's one of the biggest Halo conservatives at 343. Frank's a boss.

I imagine early H4 conversations went something like this

MS: Now can we get that, uh *checks notebook* FAMAS gun thing in Halo 4?

Frankie: *eyes roll out of head, passes out, slumps to the ground*

I just don't understand the need to want to "CODify" Halo. These 12 year old kids aren't going to see that Halo 4 has perks, loadouts and instant respawns and suddenly want to jump ship from COD; they play what they know and what their friends play which, in the majority of cases is COD and will always be COD for the foreseeable future.

And if 343 aren't doing it for sales (if they're even doing it at all of course...) then it just seems like a completely pointless "progression" of the Halo series.

Exactly. People play CoD for CoD, people play Halo for Halo.

I kind of wish 343 played it safe and just released a sequel to Halo 3, not trying to appeal to the audience of Reach. But regardless I will try before I make any final judgements

I imagine early H4 conversations went something like this

MS: Now can we get that, uh *checks notebook* FAMAS gun thing in Halo 4?

Frankie: *eyes roll out of head, passes out, slumps to the ground*

Hahaha, I wouldn't be surprised. He's actually the sole reason why I'm not going apeshit over the changes yet.

I want to hear things in his words, after listening to him/reading his words for years now between the Bungie Podcasts/Weekly What's Updates/GAF Postings and now Sparkasts... All he has to do for me is make a couple convincing, truthful statements about how these changes fit into the game and still make it feel like the Halo we all love, then i'm all in again on H4.

Would also really, really, really be nice to see more gameplay footage soon =D

Top Bottom