• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

That moment when Fyrewulff realizes it's actually me sitting across the table from him and not Heckfu.

http://mlkshk.com/r/GVHP[/MG]

Because he realized he's in a hotel room with 30 grown males.

But really, I'm jelly, good times are headed your guys way.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DJqwR.gif

Computron

Should have just printed out avatars on a piece of paper, poke two holes and wear it as a mask.

That could work, but I shudder to think what some other GAFfers would have to do.

e.g.:

glwq1.png

rcACB.png

GhaleonEB

At the hotel, 20 minutes from the convention center.

I'm heading straight to the PA Q&A tomorrow (at 10:30), then my daughter and I will hit the show floor and scope out Halo 4.

I'm heading straight to the PA Q&A tomorrow (at 10:30), then my daughter and I will hit the show floor and scope out Halo 4.

You can have your daughter to stand in line for you while you go do other things and come back when it is her turn to play.

Parenting 101 w/ buggy.

Computron

I just want a 'to scale Relic statue' with my Halo 2 Anniversary Legendary edition, is that too much to ask?

...how about when Halo 2 Vista Anniversary Legendary edition comes out?

Holy mother that looks amazing. Hype +10.

Yessir.

I do wish they would go back to more shiny armor, though. I don't like this diffuse armor thing they got going in Reach and 4, I much preferred Halo 3's multi-layer shiny metal, camouflage/visibility be damned.

DeadNames

Banned
I wish they would go back to more shiny armor. I don't like this diffuse armor thing they got in Reach and 4, I much preferred Halo 3's multi-layer shiny metal.

Truth be told, I can't really see a difference. I just like how Halo 4's armor looks clean, opposed to Reach's battle worn armor.

GhaleonEB

You can have your daughter to stand in line for you while you go do other things and come back when it is her turn to play.

Parenting 101 w/ buggy.

Not to keen on leaving my 10 year-old daughter standing solo in a place swarming with 40,000 people. We might have a hard time finding each other. :p

Besides, I generally don't wait in line to play anything else, just look at stuff. Other than games with no wait time, Halo games are the only ones I've ever waited to play at PAX. We'll hang out togehter. It's what we came for. :p

Computron

Truth be told, I can't really see a difference. I just like how Halo 4's armor looks clean, opposed to Reach's battle worn armor.

It's more pronounced in Halo 3's multiplayer spartans, and even more so in the beta:

There's also a presentations where they break down the spartan material/shader into it's various parts, the specular looks awesome:

Area Specular:

Environment-map/glossy-specular:

Halo 3 was much more shiny and expresive with materials IMO compared to Reach.
I was just going back and forth between the games today in theatre.
There is a lot more detail in reach, but it's mostly diffuse and nothing sticks out.

Err, there's plenty of different signs of wear.

And actually, the entire right chest area on the Halo 4 armor is blown to shit if I remember correctly...

It's more pronounced in Halo 3's multiplayer spartans, and even more so in the beta:

X7Ydg.jpg

They mixed their maps really weird in the beta. Didn't like it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really really really really want to play Halo 4. Le sigh. Excited about new reveals tomorrow. :)

Computron

Err, there's plenty of different signs of wear.

And actually, the entire right chest area on the Halo 4 armor is blown to shit if I remember correctly...

They mixed their maps really weird in the beta. Didn't like it.

The beta did go a little overboard, I added some other screens to my post though.

Indoctrinating them kids you should be ashamed. It will nothing but disappointment from here on out.

kidding of course

The beta did go a little overboard, I added some other screens to my post though.

Have you actually seen how Bungie broke down Halo 3's materials? It was...interesting. Compared to Halo 2, at least.

XmDwol.jpg

nA3vN.jpg

I thought this was a decent balance between beta and final Halo 3 build. It's shiny, but certain maps don't bleed through as much as they did in beta.

The Halo 3 beta...from what I remember, had a weird thing about going overboard with detail maps. Even details bumps were super pronounce. I distinctly remember zooming in on the carbine in the Halo 3 beta, and it used scratch detail bumps, but also used the visor cubemaps they've used since Halo 1.

Top Bottom