• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Code:
SQL> SELECT w.witty_post 
     FROM YourExWife.witty_posts w, constants k 
     WHERE w.wittiness > k.very_witty;

1 row(s) selected
Code:
if (MasterChief.isEasterEgg())
     LouisWu.syntacticalObjection();
else 
     return BurialMounds.isConfirmed();
Code:
bool BurrialMounds::isConfirmed() {
    return false;
}

From what I've read so far, I was beginning to suspect that.
There's a lot of goofy conversation that goes on between the HaloGAF community, but Ghaleon does an excellent job of keeping the original post updated with the most recent news. Just something to keep in mind while you're perusing the thread.

Beckx

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/11/3313918/jet-set-radio-hd-review

Interesting review. I think I'll wait for a JSRF if it's ever released.

Fascinating review. I get Arthur's point of view: he's approaching it as a modern blockbuster consumer and concludes the game's dated & not worth it.

I think Elzar was asking a different question: how is the port - and it seems at first blush to be an excellent port (but as I don't have a copy of the DC game anymore, I can't compare whether it has any of the inexcusable changes that (among other things) mar the Sonic Adventure port).

So if the question is "do you want to play a beautiful looking & sounding port of JSR?", then the answer is yes - but if you're not a huge fan of that game and not a hobbyist/enthusiast player, maybe Arthur's review is the first place to start.

I didn't like JSRF. Played too differently from what I loved about JSR.

---------------------------------------

Halo: do we know yet whether Spartan Ops episodes are playable offline once you've downloaded them?

Please tell me how you people are seeing sandtrap in the picture from the Mexican restaurant. It resembles sandbox more anyways, which isn't coming back. The confirmation bias surrounding this remake thing is astounding.

I think they are but you may not be able to see the CGI cutscene.
Seems weird that the cutscene would be a separate thing from the download. But the answer to the question is (or fucking better be) that once the content is downloaded, it's yours to do with as you wish.

edit: a question I do have now is why, if the first season is included with the game, are the episodes NOT already on the disc. Will we just download something that unlocks each episode?

GhaleonEB

Halo: do we know yet whether Spartan Ops episodes are playable offline once you've downloaded them?

They are. This has been both confirmed by 343, and by a video showing the XP payout screen, which provides a bonus for playing online - implying you don't get that bonus for playing offline.

Seems weird that the cutscene would be a separate thing from the download. But the answer to the question is (or fucking better be) that once the content is downloaded, it's yours to do with as you wish.
No. It seems like you will not download the cutscene. It will be streamed:
DK: You were saying that Spartan Ops is episodic content, does this mean that much like a TV show, we'll see the episodes released on the same day every week?

Yes, it's going to air, technology allowing, at the same time on the same day on a per-week basis. Of course, it requires Xbox LIVE for a couple of reasons, one is that it's streaming content, the other is it's multiplayer, obviously for up to four players, so it does need an Xbox LIVE connection, but it's free. So if you buy the game, either the regular edition or the limited edition, it's absolutely free, and it's a huge amount of content. It's five missions per week, and the missions can take anywhere from 10 minutes if you're pounding through it with 4 people and loads of vehicles, to like, I mean, I've got stuck for hours at a time on certain things trying to achieve it in certain ways. So it's about a campaign's worth of content, and it's released episodically, which in some ways is a more natural cadence than the seven to twenty hour campaigns that people plough through. That's a weird way to tell a story, whereas episodes, we can control the rhythm and the cadence that people experience the story in, so while in the campaign I can't force you to end a campaign mission on a cliffhanger, because you're just going to play immediately through it, we can control the pace, and so it's going to be giving us some interesting dramatic opportunities, and we hope people appreciate that when it does start airing.

Of course, it is a crazy assumption by myself but I can not imagine any other feature which would use streaming in Halo 4.

Beckx

Of course, it is a crazy assumption by myself but I can not imagine any other feature which would use streaming in Halo 4.

I find this quote very worrisome, because it's not clear whether Live is required for the whole thing or not (edit: I mean it's not clear whether Live is mandatory each and every time you play the episode, i.e., no offline play, no local offline with silvers, etc). Ah well. I suppose we'll find out in time.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
8GB will be enough for Multiplayer and Season 1 of SpOps. Frankie confirmed this a while back.

Yes, with the caveat that some weirder USB sticks for example may not function adequately. But that would be true of any sizeable content.

Beckx

Yes, with the caveat that some weirder USB sticks for example may not function adequately. But that would be true of any sizeable content.

I can confirm that - if you're buying a USB stick save yourself some pain and google the brand to see if it works with Xbox. I had a Lexar 16GB stick and more than half the time the console would not recognize it once I loaded it up with large games.

The idea of an episodic campaign is a great one. It allows people to just simmer on the content and get chances to replay it. Like that quote says it also allows for cliffhangers. I think it would be great to see Halo shift to an entirely episodic campaign if this works out. It also means less up front dev time. Instead of the campaign being fully decked out, they could have the first season prepped like the spartan ops season and work on the second as the first is going on. Would also encourage more long time play and reasoning to come back to the game weekly. Definitely a great idea and I can't wait to see how it plays out. I also think I would play it more deeply considering that I only get a single set of missions a week. :)

Fotos

Will the Spartan Ops missions be free downloads every week or kind of like an update where it happens at the intro screen

also my 117th post :)

CyReN

His new position basically makes it impossible to commentate at events anymore unfortunately, would be cool for a few games though.

willow ve

Chris Puckett is gonna commentate the Halo 4 event?!?!!? Yessssss!!!!

His new position basically makes it impossible to commentate at events anymore unfortunately, would be cool for a few games though.

That sucks because literally everyone else is bad at it.

That's a major bummer. Puckett was basically the only person worth listening to on a live stream. If he isn't available just sign up the "boom goes the dynamite" kid and call it a day. It's about the same as their current efforts.

Also, what does Shibby do now?

Well, all I can hope for is an update to Waypoint to allow for better streaming. I can stream anything else on my xbox with no problems, but Waypoint always seems to have buffering issues. *sigh*, I guess it may be me being set in older ways, but I'm not very pleased at having to rely on cloud-based entities to provide limited access to content that belongs with what I paid for. The Reach commentary springs to mind, and it was poorly handled to say the least.

One more thing to add to the list of things we don't seem to have all the information on.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl 
use strict; 
use warnings; 

my $fyrewulff_rage = 9001;
print "FFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!" if $fyrewulff_rage > 9000;

Code:
global fyrewulff = {}
function fyrewulff.isMad(leftJoin) return not not leftJoin end

function youMadBro() {
    while true do
       if fyrewulff.isMad(9001) then print "\nUMAD?" end
    end
end

youMadBro() -- he be maddeth
this is fun!

u4iX

Have you done work for MLG? Because their commentators really do scrape the bottom of the barrel at times.

FxB3m.gif

http://www.facebook.com/UnFrankable/posts/234176256669087

Top Bottom