• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

FyreWulff

The primary reason I made an account was to ask Frankie a question about a ranking system. Since he won't answer questions about it, and even if it does, it'll be riddled with half-truths or blatant lies, I can't be bothered to play polite.

When the fuck has anyone ever lied about a Halo games' ranking system pre-release

VgXCk.gif

Myself, only now discovering that there was a HaloGAF dinner...

Weak... That must have been good times.

15$ hamburger. Although it was a really fucking good hamburger, but that's definitely a once-a-year thing. Also I wonder if Duncan figured out how he ended up with extra money yet.

If I had the chance, I'd do this to Frankie's face:

1000235_o.gif

With no underwear on, and right after I took a shit. Lying bastard.

I bet the ranking system will suck, too.

I'm crying right now LOOOOLLL.

WOW.

Dude, you have a pair the size of Mount Rushmore, your utter ignorance notwithstanding.

Blueblur1

So I finally had the time to watch all the media that came out on Friday. I don't like the changes but damn I want to play Halo 4 right now. The pros outweigh the cons and I can't stomach Reach anymore. Can't wait for November.

help1

Banned
When the fuck has anyone ever lied about a Halo games' ranking system pre-release

15$ hamburger. Although it was a really fucking good hamburger, but that's definitely a once-a-year thing.

Uh, I didn't say he lied about the ranking system. He hasn't said anything about it, other than there might be one, which could easily be foiled to be some POS system. However, he has lied about various other aspects of the game months prior, especialy anything that insinuated that Halo was borrowing elements from Call of Duty.

ElRenoRaven

I shouldn't be banned for telling the truth.

You know I may not be a 343 fan myself. I've been on the receiving end of 343 silence when told something would be checked into. I also haven't liked anything I've seen other then the physical interaction of items so far but you aren't "telling the truth". You're acting like a spoiled child who's throwing a temper tantrum and they tend not to last long on gaf.

orznge

Banned
Uh, I didn't say he lied about the ranking system. He hasn't said anything about it, other than there might be one, which could easily be foiled to be some POS system. However, he has lied about various other aspects of the game months prior, especialy anything that insinuated that Halo was borrowing elements from Call of Duty.

It's unfortunate that you're going to get banned, since you're right.

orznge

Banned
Someone said something that the moderators will ban them for on NeoGAF, time to quote them and try to be the most outraged about it.

If you're so offended, don't buy the game.

Problem solved

orznge

Banned
Lol, video games are srs business. Gotta have that number beside your name so people know how awesome you are on the awesome scale!

Haha yeah, I tell the same thing to sports people all the time. Idiots, don't they know it's wrong to want to evaluate their skill at something they like to put a concerted effort into competing at?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I shouldn't be banned for telling the truth.

No, but you'll get banned for flaming/trolling. Especially when it involves a developer on a game forum.

And you're a junior, so it will be perma.

You're not going to accomplish anything except amusing us as you're expunged from NeoGAF existence. Then tomorrow no one will even remember who "Help1" was any more than they remember when they first farted that morning.

help1

Banned
You know I may not be a 343 fan myself. I've been on the receiving end of 343 silence when told something would be checked into. I also haven't liked anything I've seen other then the physical interaction of itemsso far but you aren't "telling the truth". You're acting like a spoiled child who's throwing a temper tantrum and they tend not to last long on gaf.

Oh no, an internet forum won't like me! What have I done?!?

It's not that serious, bruh.

.shin

Banned
Is this guy serious?

He's mad because Frankie wouldn't answer his question? Even though he's been busy with media, traveling, conventions, etc.? :lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Haha yeah, I tell the same thing to sports people all the time. Idiots, don't they know it's wrong to want to evaluate their skill at something they like to put a concerted effort into competing at?

Chill out dude. Skill evaluation comes in wins/kills/captures/etc. A behind the scenes ranking scale works just fine in games (as long as it works) to help matchmaking.

People just get way too upset about this stuff either way, as shown by the dude that is suiciding. It's just a game, no need to go off your rocker and insult someone you have never met because they are following PR policy.

orznge

Banned
Chill out dude. Skill evaluation comes in wins/kills/captures/etc. A behind the scenes ranking scale works just fine in games (as long as it works) to help matchmaking.

People just get way too upset about this stuff either way, as shown by the dude that is suiciding. It's just a game, no need to go off your rocker and insult someone you have never met because they are following PR policy.

You chill out, you're the one with an angry face and a clenched fist in your avatar.

ElRenoRaven

I don't think he really cared.

Probably not. He knew what he was doing. Right now he's probably laughing to himself and talking to some friends telling them how awesome he is for what he did. It never fails. Anyway you guys can get back to talking about Halo now and I can get back to lurking. lol

willow ve

Probably not. He knew what he was doing. Right now he's probably laughing to himself and talking to some friends telling them how awesome he is for what he did. It never fails. Anyway you guys can get back to talking about Halo now and I can get back to lurking. lol

Would have been better if they live streamed the ban.

In srs news - do we have any real news about how strict matchmaking is? Based on wins? Kills? etc.? I personally just hope it's more strict than flip-a-coin-see-what-i-get Reach. Or at the very least pair up full parties with full parties.

Top Bottom