• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

malfcn

Still leaning towards vanilla, but that packaging of the LE looks sweet. But, they are drying up. And the lack of news about just want is and isn't in it (disc 2?)..

Last one, promise. Really. Not even making it mandatory at this point.
It wasn't anything like that so much as me being kind of emotionally unsound and not knowing what to do because... it's far from the first time and something i'd really rather not get into. I just needed to vent and was expecting it to sort of just go unnoted like half of the lore things I post or most of my music stuff, but I understand now it was a really stupid mistake. I genuinely apologize.

Fun fact: to iOSgaf, editing your mail in the Mail app will actually affect your e-mail accounts now rather than just change it in the app itself! When modifying an Outlook account anyway, I didn't experiment with GMail yet.

Also, stupid question. Do we know if we can spawn Damage Boost, Speed Boost, and Overshield powerups in Forge/Customs? Or do we just have to modify Custom Powerups to get the desired settings?

TheOddOne

iQTVNw73dQQ9P.gif

DIE IN HELL JETPACKER.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
DIE IN HELL JETPACKER.

Seriously. Jetpack quite literally ruins the flow of maps. I have no idea of why they wouldn't nerf the fuck out of it and make it a double jump type AA.

Back to the CTF note; We will never be able to do avalanche style flag grabs ever again

"Where'd the flag carrier go? Tele or mancannon??"
"He's taking the ledge towards shotgun!"

:(

iQTVNw73dQQ9P.gif

DIE IN HELL JETPACKER.

They should quadruple the aim assist when targeting Jetpackers.

To those worried about Jetpack, let me put it this way. In Halo 4, when you Jetpack, you can usually get enough vertical leverage out of it to scale a small building, recover from a bad fall, or maybe combine it with a Mancannon to get a little extra boost out of it. In Reach, you could scale a building on Headlong, recover from a fall and fly to higher ground, and combine it with a Mancannot to get across a map. I think it's best explained in this video of Dominion; the guy jetpacks on top of a structure that's maybe two and a half times his Spartan's height and the Jetpack is so drained it's unusuable. When he Jetpacks from that structure to a nearby ledge, it drains the Jetpack completely. If this were Reach, the guy could have Jetpacked for a good extra 10 seconds or so.

zap

Fun fact: to iOSgaf, editing your mail in the Mail app will actually affect your e-mail accounts now rather than just change it in the app itself! When modifying an Outlook account anyway, I didn't experiment with GMail yet.

The mail app has always done this for me with gmail.

neoism

Welcome back! This place has not been the same since your ban.

<3
lol the last 10 pages in this thread.... yep!
crazy things where said....
lurking is lame
100pp...<3 I missed you!
also Borderlands 2 is insane

Seeing all the new stuff I've gave up with getting pissed about the little things... Campaign will make this game, multi is looking better... cant wait to get used to the new audio design though, but after a few hundred games it probably wont be noticeable...

Frankie is a piece of shit liar, so I don't give a damn about what he says.

:lol

Makes sense, especially now that he is so condescending with his announcements.

It would be weird imaging BB sounding like that.. I imagined him like a guy who sounds condescending and at the same time a little sly.. Something more subtle.

Halo 4 Campaign Footage

Oh shit. Campaign, direct feed. Same gameplay but only campaign sounds. Holy shit dem sounds. My ears, oh god my ears......that was amazing.

Those sounds. =D

So beautiful.

So I think I'm fucked.

Just went to Wal Mart to get my in-store pre-order, and all they had was this...

Looks like I may not be able to get a LE at midnight. This was all they offered.

Fuck.

Call around closer to release, I am sure a WalMart or GS will have extras, and if you ask nice they may put it aside for you.

For new page:

War Games Gameplay (Solace and Dominion)

Spartan Ops Gameplay

Its same footage but with real sounds. Who is this uploader?

=D

So good. I wonder where they came from though? It seems like something the press site would have posted.

m23

So good. I wonder where they came from though? It seems like something the press site would have posted.

I''m guessing all the press was given this footage to use for their coverage. They all put crap music over it, while this guy decided to put up the direct footage. So he must be working for a site or something because he has a lot of other game videos up as well.

edit

It has to be someone with press access.

Yeah true.

It needs an option like:

Minimal HUD [ON/OFF]
Steitzer Crack Level [Low/Medium/High]

From memory Frankie said the messages, white text and announcements were all on during game demos etc.

However in the final game in our hands we only get those initially and they automatically taper off the more you play. This way they're less annoying for veterans but useful for new players.

Ryaaan14

Banned
This is completely OT, but I just need to say I fucking hate Xbox Live right now.

Fall Beta testers are unable to access the Mists of Pandaria ad on the dashboard to download the exclusive Horde/Alliance avatar tees.

So mad. Over an avatar shirt. What has my life come to.

(&#9583;°&#9633;°)&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Omni

Off topic: Just got a call for a job interview tomorrow. Problem being I applied for the job twice at two different locations and now I don't know which one I should go to for the interview...

:\

Did a rough doodle of the Didact and my guess on how he'll look in Halo 4 based on what we already know. The dude looks like a friggin Bleach character if you go by the current cues we've gotten from Promethean Knights.

xNJL8.png

Off topic: Just got a call for a job interview tomorrow. Problem being I applied for the job twice at two different locations and now I don't know which one I should go to for the interview...

:\

How far are they away from eachother?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I really don't know if i should even bother with trading in MW3 or BF3 for this game.

Traded in skyrim, actually got about 20 bucks credit towards H4 with the 30% trade in bonus, though. For the first time in my history with gamestop, I didn't feel ENTIRELY ripped off.

Top Bottom